GoodGames discussion

Individual Console Lovers > PS3...you may need two!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Burns (TheFailedPhilosopher) | 105 comments Mod
This is just the thread to speak about the PS3 and games on it specifically.

message 2: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Only have a PS2 *sigh*...and a Wii...and a DS...and a computer.

message 3: by Mark (new)

I'll be creating topics for the rest as well so good to know.

message 4: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Well, it is done. Honey and the step-son (21 years old) went and bought the PS3 last night and set it up. They bought three games, but I can't remember the one, the other two are 007 (Goldeneye I think...they wanted a first person shooter) and some LotR game that was supposed to be a decent multi-player hack'n'slash RPG.

message 5: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, it seems, is the third game (Honey is on the phone). He says the cinematics of it are supposed to be awesome.

message 6: by Mark (new)

I have heard good things about that series.

message 7: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Uncharted is really good. For a bundle game it is excellent. I don't really play those types of games, but Honey and the step-son had a blast with it last night.

message 8: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Okay, so here's the drama. I got off work at 1pm on Friday (YAY!) and went straight home, got changed into some snuggley clothes and built a super comfy, snack laden, drink surrounded lair to play War in the North with Honey for hours. We played for 11 hrs with a short break to eat a hastily thrown together nacho. It was brilliant! Went to bed around 1am with the living room looking like a bomb had landed. It was great and I loved the game (though the split screen makes it hard to see very far, even on our 50 something inch tv). However, the next day when we logged in to continue play after breakfast, it hadn't saved my character. Honey was a level 10 with all his good gear. I was a level 1 with crap. *sigh*

We googled it and it seems there is some kind of bug when it comes to split screen co-op play. There were PS3 folks, 360 folks and PC folks complaining of the same issue. In frustration we threw on clothes and went to Game Stop determined to find a good split screen/co-op/hack'n'slash. They don't exist. I managed to find 4 and bought them, the only one I remember the name of is Hunted and it was relatively crap.

It seems that the programmers have forgotten about those of us who actually want to play together in the same room!

Finally, Honey went down and bought a second PS3 (three days later than the first one) and hooked it up in the great room. So we now have his.and.hers tvs and PS3s just so we can play stupid War in the North together in co-op without losing my character every time! It's crazy. But, it worked out well yesterday when the step-son came over to spend the day. He played Demon Souls in the living room (Yes Mark, I bought Demon Souls and ES: Oblivion to start with) and I played ES: Oblivion in the great room, then I gave my tv to Honey and they played Uncharted in co-op and I baked. :)

It was a fun then frustrating then fun weekend!

message 9: by Mark (new)

Sounds like a good weekend...I actually don't play co-op so I can't relate but losing a character is always annoying.

message 10: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) Amelia wrote: "Okay, so here's the drama. I got off work at 1pm on Friday (YAY!) and went straight home, got changed into some snuggley clothes and built a super comfy, snack laden, drink surrounded lair to play..."

I hate that! Losing everything sucks, but I especially agree with your gripe about the 2player games. When I was a kid, my brother and I would play all kinds of 2 player games together, co-op, and against each other, and we had fun. Nowadays there's not much of choice for anything but racing games or party games to play together, at least that I've seen. My best example would be Red Dead Redemption, me and my guy's favorite game at the moment. It would've been so much cooler if we could get out both controllers and play together. Can't afford to buy a 2nd PS3, so no playing together. What ever happened to those days?

message 11: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) It seems programmers have forgotten all about us, Kit. It's all about the kid in his bedroom playing with his buddy a couple of miles away. No need to actually SEE each other anymore. We're going to turn our kids into recluses!

message 12: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) The Netflix interface is WAY faster and better than our blu-ray player! I love it!! I'm not crazy about all of my "friends" seeing me online and emailing me while I'm watching Voyager on Netflix, however...