GoodGames discussion

General > The Awkward Introductions Thread...What's your platform of choice?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Burns (TheFailedPhilosopher) | 105 comments Mod
This is just a thread for those you want to say hello to the Group when they join.

message 2: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Hello, group! It is a bit awkward...

message 3: by Mark (new)

Indeed it is...I really need to keep building this group so any suggestions would be nice...oh and hi.

message 4: by Gale (new)

Gale Stanley (galestanley) | 1 comments Hi and thanks for the invite!
Anyone for Angry Birds?
Gale
http://galestanley.blogspot.com/

message 5: by Weenie (new)

Weenie Hey all!

/waves

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) HI, Thanks for the invite.

What about Diablo? Not too patiently waiting for 3...

message 7: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) Hello, thanks for the invite. I'm Kit :)

message 8: by Paolo (new)

Paolo (paolovf) Hey people. Two games I've been playing lately are Minecraft and Black Ops.

Thanks for the invite Mark :)

message 9: by Diana (new)

Diana (gwenivere27) Hi guys, Thanks for the invite Mark. I've been playing Assassin's Creed.

message 10: by Weenie (new)

Weenie Oh, I didn't realise you were supposed to say what game you're playing.

I'm playing World of Warcraft.

message 11: by Mark (new)

You really should but not in this thread...the Gamers' recs thread is for that. I'm adding the topics for these now. And Thanks for putting WoW in Dutch.

message 12: by Mark (new)

I almost forgot because I had my mod-hat on but hi all!

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 39 comments Hi all, MrsJoseph invited me...so you can blame her. Thanks MrsJ.

I'm also playing through Diablo 2 (and expansion)....again. I've lost count of the times I've played this one. I'm playing a 25th level Paladin through the middle level of hardness (you must complete the lower level and "level up" to get into the harder levels).

I also have the old PS1 version of Diablo (or Diablo 1 if you prefer). It was hard to find. Of course it has that one major flaw (view spoiler)

The only console I own is a PS2, I mostly play PC games. My favorite is probably still Baldur's Gate 2 (and expansions). There are still rumors that Atari is develpoing Baldur's Gate 3, so I live in hope.

Like MrsJ, I'm STILL waiting for Diablo 3, though I'll have to update or replace my computer when it comes out.

message 14: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Gerardo (carolinegerardo) | 1 comments Mark thank you for the invitation. Perhaps you asked me because you know I am an author working on an interactive book development product narrative? I can't tell all what it is as I signed to keep the details secret but much like gaming that I enjoy, I wanted to have more story and reader involvement.
Anyone else in the group working on HTML5 C++ with games?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello folks.

360er here.

CoD. All day. Every day.

It's ok to hate me...i get it a lot.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 39 comments Cash on Delivery??????

message 17: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Call of Duty, Mike. :)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) Ala wrote: "Hello folks.

360er here.

CoD. All day. Every day.

It's ok to hate me...i get it a lot."

:-P

message 19: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Welcome Ala, no hate. CoD isn't my thing, but it's all good.

message 20: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Hey, Myles! Ocarina of Time was great.

Last night when I was digging for my FFXII book I found Zelda:

Spirit Tracks
Minish Cap
Twilight Princess and
Phantom Hourglass

...books, but no FFXII.

I do love Zelda.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 39 comments I restarted FF (or FF1 if you prefer) a while back. My son and I played it when he was young.

message 22: by Diana (new)

Diana (gwenivere27) My older brother started me on FF1, I've been hooked on the series ever since.

message 23: by Kolet (new)

Kolet | 1 comments Hello :) anyone here play Rift or WOW?

message 24: by Weenie (new)

Weenie Hi, check out the WoW thread! :-)

message 25: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Hi Diana & Kolet!

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) Welcome!

message 27: by The Pirate Ghost (last edited Nov 07, 2011 08:00PM) (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) Thanks for the invite. I've got lots of PC games drawing dust that I haven't played in ages... but I did recently get back on World of Warcraft since you can play the first 20 levels free.

I know that makes me a dinasaur.

I should add that I've been playing a lot of "Blood Bowl" and "Total Medieval War."

message 28: by Brendan (BJ) (new)

Brendan (BJ) (heresjohnny) suup guys thanks for the invite, i'm John, 19 from Australia :) haven't gamed in a while because of uni but holidays are coming up so V, minimal sleep and minimal exercise are definitely on the books! XD

message 29: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Hey, John! Welcome. What platform do you use?

message 30: by Brendan (BJ) (new)

Brendan (BJ) (heresjohnny) Most of the earlier stuff like Nintendo, GB, DS, PS2, PSP and PC... a couple on Wii haha but I never got into Xbox and I don't have the moula for PS3 :( haha

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 39 comments Welcome.

message 32: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) That's quite a selection, John! I'm with you, except I never had the PSP, and I recently got a PS3. :)

Books-treasureortrash (bookstreasureortrash) | 2 comments My favourite platform is my computer and I am hoping to get the Elder Scrolls: Skyrim for Christmas. I am way too busy to play, but if I get as a gift, then I guess I have no choice then. I also loved Oblivion and Fable.

Linda

message 34: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Books, I'm playing Fable now and love it. I haven't been able to really get into Oblivion, but I hear Skyrim is better.

Welcome!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Everyone!

I tend to stick with PC games, though most of the ones that I play are 7 to 10 years old. Right now I’m working my way through Half-Life 2 for the first time, and I’m also getting back into IL-2 Sturmovik after a year long absence. Gotta get my dogfight skills back up! I tend to play a lot of Flight Sims, FPS, and some RPGs, like the Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale series.

I have an old Xbox, most of the games I have I’ve finished 2 or 3 times already so I don’t use it much anymore: MechAssault, Gun, Jade Empire, Mercenaries, Fable, Brothers in Arms, Halo 1 & 2……just to name a few.

The kids have a Wii, though I don’t use it very often except to play certain games with them.

message 36: by Mach (new)

Mach | 3 comments Hey this is my first comment here, i mostly play Battlefield 3 on ps3, does anyone else play that game? if so let me know so we can play together online.

I am also gonna purchase Skyrim this week since i hear alot of good things about it.

message 37: by Gard (new)

Gard Skinner (gard_skinner) 360, the PS deuce, and a Wii. And Xperia play. and PC. Was thinking about buying the PS3 for a long time but the 4 is close and 360 is aging.