The Aussie Swap discussion

NaNoWriMo

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments I know some of us are participating in NaNoWriMo. Like you Sas! So I thought it’d be greta to start a thread to share our thoughts and motivate one another to keep pushing.

I don’t know what I’m really doing. Probably just procrastinating.

message 2: by hollyishere (new)

hollyishere | 166 comments Last time I participated it Nanowrimo, it went terribly but I actually have a story in the works atm so I might try it out again...

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  (lisao_0) I have my crit group prodding me along so I didn't sign up either :)

message 4: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments Today I cracked out 4k so far. Intend to get to 5k tonight.

message 5: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments I thought I’d share a sentence I wrote which I feel so proud of. May be a bit long

It feels like a door opened in her memory, and all this built-up loss has begun to spill out at such a speed that by the time the climax comes, I’d have drowned already.

If you want to add me on the NaNo site you can do so here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participa...

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (sapphireddragon) i am doing Nano also. This is my fourth year attempting it and I have won once (2010) - Am currently on 7378 words and would like to crack at least 8500 words by tonight.

Any other sydney siders attending any of the write-ins?

message 7: by hollyishere (new)

hollyishere | 166 comments Wow, what qualifies a winner? I didn't realise there were prizes.

message 8: by Saskia (new)

Saskia (deckled_pages) | 310 comments Ya ya, I'm participating (which Braiden already told you :)

Um, I might possibly be attending a write in with other people I know IRL so I'll let you know when I'm going and we'll see if we can work something out.

message 9: by Saskia (new)

Saskia (deckled_pages) | 310 comments Oh, and Holly, reaching 50,000 counts as a win. There are prizes, but they're like discounts on things... I think...

message 10: by Saskia (new)

Saskia (deckled_pages) | 310 comments Annnnnd, I also decided to blog about my NaNo progress, if anyone cares, over here: http://thewrongsideofsane.wordpress.com
(;
There are links to my NaNo profile in the sidebar if anyone is keen to add me. (:

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (sapphireddragon) yes by winning i meant thatI hit 50,000 words last year before the NOv 30 deadline. Currently on 10,026 words and i will probably be at most city extra write ins and perhaps a couple of parramatta ones

Braiden and Sas, hope both of you are going well :)

message 12: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments I’ve kind of slowed down. But really that’s me not being too specific just yet in terms of setting, descriptions etc. Just trying to get everything down that I need for the story then go back to it when finished.

message 13: by hollyishere (new)

hollyishere | 166 comments Basically Nano is all about quantity not quality, right? I know constantly editing and re-writing slows me down immensely but I can't imagine the story would turn out very well without these things...?

message 14: by Saskia (new)

Saskia (deckled_pages) | 310 comments @Nikk & Braiden, thank you! I hope you're going well too. Haha, slowed down... yeah... I'm just casually on 3000 words. :S

@Holly, Yep, that's precisely it.
I am an obsessive editor and crazed perfectionist, so this is really hard for me in that sense. I think the point though it to get over all of those little hinderances and just WRITE. Get it all down, then go back after NaNo and edit or re-write completely. But just get those 50,000 down and see where they take you. It's a very freeing experience really.

message 15: by hollyishere (new)

hollyishere | 166 comments haha, just did a quick calculation. I'd have to write 2000+ words a day to get this done. I so don't see that happening but I really wanna do this!

message 16: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments Haven written the past three days *slaps self*