We are different, and proud discussion

Perfection?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emm (new)

Emm (emmatebby) | 18 comments Mod
What is perfection? To you.

message 2: by Audra (new)

Audra (audraelizabeth) I don't feel like I have a set definition. I do it on a case by case basis.For example, my boyfriend is not perfect as he is human but he's perfect to me.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily 💋 (milylou) | 7 comments GOD IS PERFECT. NO ONE ELSE COMES CLOSE.

message 4: by Areeba (new)

Areeba | 5 comments No one is perfect, it's not possible. I agree with Emily, no one accept God comes close...

message 5: by Emm (new)

Emm (emmatebby) | 18 comments Mod
good point! :) or perhaps angels?

message 6: by The (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) | 28 comments My girlfriend/wife <3

message 7: by Ash (new)

Ash Durrett (ashreadsalot_04) God everything else isn't even close

message 8: by The (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) | 28 comments Oh hush of you've ever been in love you know that's bullshit.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't really know...."perfect" is like "normal"....everyone has their own definition... =\

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

But to me....well...i don't really know X3

message 11: by Ash (new)

Ash Durrett (ashreadsalot_04) I have been in love and because of that I know love of people is bullshit

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Too you, maybe...

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 28, 2012 09:36AM) (new)

im a perfectionist, others would say i have ocd.

Perfection (for me) is working really hard to get in a position where you have achieved your "only dreamable" targets and when you can look in the mirror and say "you're rockin life to the max"

no-one can be perfect. But as a perfectionist you have to embrace that and think, "I can't be perfect but i can try to be as close to as I can"

xx just my humble two cents xx

message 14: by Ash (new)

Ash Durrett (ashreadsalot_04) Hmm I like that not really in life but definitely in art I would say I'm a perfectionist and think "I can't be perfect but I can try to be as close to as I can" attitude

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Ash wrote: "Hmm I like that not really in life but definitely in art I would say I'm a perfectionist and think "I can't be perfect but I can try to be as close to as I can" attitude"

best attitude to have in my opinion. :o)

why not try your hardest? With this attitude you are not only doing that but having a target (though maybe thought unreasonable) which allows you to reach perfection (in your eyes)

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 30, 2012 12:40PM) (new)

Random thought- (I'm a Buddhist) hypothetically... If a superior being existed, created us and we thought he/she was perfect... Wouldn't that mean we were all made perfect? By saying only that superior being is perfect that implies that his/hers creations are imperfect, meaning that the superior being could not be perfect if he/she creates flawed creatures... Does that make sense?
I hope it does.

message 17: by Ash (new)

Ash Durrett (ashreadsalot_04) Well, yes I can see your point of view, but this is what I believe. As a Christian and human being,i must ask who on this earth has the authority to say what the definition of perfection is? Certainly it cannot be humans because we are all the same, meaning not one human has more "perfection" than the other. I believe my superior being or God as I call him made all humans perfect in his own eyes even including people with disabilities, but I believe human beings are flawed by our own doing as in falling short of this "perfection" that only the superior being or God knows and can achieve