Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) Unearthly question

Did anyone get the ending?
Sareh Sareh Oct 30, 2011 06:27PM
*SPOILER ALERT* I loved this book, I really did, the only problem is that the ending confused me. Did she become "fallen" when she saved Tucker? And did she even save Christian if he was an angel-blood too? What was her purpose then if she saved Tucker but then didn't have to save Christian?

I don't know...I'm so confused. Could someone explain the ending to me?

Mithrendiel (last edited Nov 02, 2011 12:28PM ) Oct 31, 2011 04:49PM   0 votes
This is all theory and conjecture at this point, but I definitely don’t think she was fallen. Her wings remained white (despite the brief scare where she thought they’d turned grey because of the ash). I also didn’t get the sense that it was her destiny to be WITH Christian in a romantic sense, but rather to be there with him for the fire. She (and therefore we as readers) made a lot of assumptions based on what we thought the vision was about. We thought she was supposed to save the boy she was in love with. We assumed the vision was a direct depiction of the act she must do to complete her calling. Yet, obviously she wasn’t supposed to save him, since he had the same visions about meeting her at the fire. Perhaps the fire in her vision wasn’t meant to reference that specific fire, but rather metaphorical an overwhelming problem that she and Christian have to join forces to defeat. Like the Fallen encroachment.

Whatever our theories, I think it’s safe to say that she and Christian still have a lot of work to do together. I sure do wish her mom would be a bit more forthcoming about the whole calling-vision thing.

Jennifer (last edited Oct 30, 2011 06:30PM ) Oct 30, 2011 06:29PM   0 votes
I'm also confused LOL I believe her "purpose" was to be with Christian and for whatever the *@% reason they were supposed to meet like that. I don't think she is "fallen" but I think her mother is none to happy with her being with Tucker. I guess in Jan when the next book comes out we will have the answers.

The ending was VERY open and requires we read the sequel, which is very clever. I'm sure we'll get the explanations in the next book(s) because right now we're just as confused as Clara, regarding her and Christian's purpose.