Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Buddy Reads) > [Buddy Read] Succubus on Top *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments Lan-Dinh and I are following up October's buddy read of Succubus Blues with another buddy read of the second in the series, Succubus on Top Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead

If you're new to the series like us, or want to talk about it with a bunch of newbies, please join us!

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments I can start mid-week this week (around Nov 2) or toward the end of next week, maybe the 10th or 11th.

message 3: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) I am flexible for either. Also I saw you wanted to read more than one this month? Let me know if you do that too. I've been reading mostly M/M so this'll give me a good excuse to get back into PNR.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments Why don't we plan to start as soon as possible so we can squeeze in more books? I have another buddy read starting around the 7th, so I should be able to squeeze in two of the Succubus books before then. Depending how much free time I can find, maybe even a third. But with a husband, three boys, and a full time job I wonder how I manage to read as much as I do. Oh, wait, I remember, I use the time I should spend cleaning the house and doing laundry. : D

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments haha! I'll chat with you guys about it - its been a while since I listed/read book 2, so it'll be fun hearing your thoughts on it

message 6: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) Sounds good! I'm in!

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I didn't read book 1 yet but I'll jump in. Now that I have a little extra time I can do some reading.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments I'm hoping to start the book tonight. My goal is to get it done this week and read the next one, Succubus Dreams, over the weekend. We'll see how that goes....

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments Okay, I started the book. Georgina notices Doug is acting a little off. He's all hyped up, happy, energetic way more than usual. She notices him playing Tetris with reflexes that are just not normal (practically impossible) for a human. She gets a weird feeling when she enters the office where he is. BUT she doesn't even have a hint of what's going on? Is quick to buy that maybe he's on drugs? Doesn't even consider there's more than meets the eye? Granted, we tend to go for the easy and obvious answer, but after what happened in the first book with Roman she doesn't have her guard up and immediately expect another immortal may be involved. Or is it just me?

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments I love Seth. Loved him since the first book. BUT. He's just a little too-good-to-be-true. So reasonable and understanding. I keep waiting for him to finally lose his cool and have a real fight with her. Or do something stupid that will break both of their hearts.

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments And is it just me, or do you think Georgina might have more success with Dana than Bastien is having so far?

message 12: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments I finished Succubus on Top and Succubus Dreams and am now about a third of the way through Succubus Heat. I think I'm going to need a break after this one. I'm enjoying the series, but Georgina is a tad dense about things sometimes. And the drama between her and Seth is starting to wear on me. But at the same time, it's become clear (at least to me) that there must be some loop hole in her contract through which she could get her soul back and maybe even become mortal again(?). So, I need to see what happens. But it's going to have to wait until next month.

message 13: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) I just started today. I'll be joining the postings soon!

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments Great. Now, if I can just keep straight what happened in which book...

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments lol Christine...haha!

message 16: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) I do that all the time! I read a bunch of books and was posting to a buddy reads folder and someone was like, um, the character's name is Jeff, not Jack. Whoopsie!

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments I thought Jack was a nickname for any guy whose name that starts with "J". ; )

I have a friend who usually can't remember the name of the books she's currently reading, so we're not THAT bad.