The Great Kindle Challenge discussion

Monthly Reads > The Swiss Family Robinson: Discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Please post comments for the novel here. I can't wait to jump in, I have always wanted to read this!

message 2: by Trisha (new)

Trisha I am a couple chapters into this and I'm really surprised by how religious it is! I am waiting for a "Robinson Crusoe-esque" sort of plot line, but it is actually getting a little bogged down with the family constantly praying and the father reprimanding the sons for being "too proud" or "too boastful". I'm hoping the story picks up a little.

message 3: by Trisha (new)

Trisha I definitely seemed to have stalled out on this one. The religion just dominates this book and it is hard to get to the plotline for all of the religious jargon. I am certainly not speaking against religion itself, but it is so thick that the plotline doesn't seem to be moving forward at all. It is just one never-ending sermon. I am going to try and push through it and hope that it picks up the pace a little.

message 4: by Trisha (new)

Trisha I am ashamed to say that I put this one down....and didn't pick it back up again. *sigh*. All right, I'm going to give it one more go, but there is a strong possibility that this book is going in the "please don't make me read anymore" pile. Did anyone else read this? Did anyone like it?

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky I have not read this, not something I ever desired to pick up, although I should read RObinson Crusoe.