Around the World discussion

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
This topic is about The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
closed topics > Wind-up Bird Chronicle - group

Comments Showing 1-50 of 134 (134 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Niledaughter (last edited Oct 30, 2011 10:06AM) (new) - added it

Niledaughter who is up to read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle in May ?

message 2: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Count me in!

Judy (patchworkcat) | 2212 comments Just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Good timing, ND! Count me in.

message 4: by Niledaughter (last edited Oct 30, 2011 10:38AM) (new) - added it

Niledaughter Kristen wrote: "Count me in!"

Judy wrote: "Just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Good timing, ND! Count me in."

Great :D
I think Sue was talking about reading it too .

message 5: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Definitely! It's on my calendar. I think 2012 is going to be a very interesting and fun reading year. And the discussions too.

Niledaughter Sue wrote: "Definitely! It's on my calendar. I think 2012 is going to be a very interesting and fun reading year. And the discussions too."

Great :D

message 7: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue I looked at it on Amazon last night and started reading. I was intrigued already.

Judy (patchworkcat) | 2212 comments Wonderful, Sue. Now, I can't wait!

message 9: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Oh Judy, I didn't realize you're in this group too. Confusion reigns! 2012---what fun. Thanks Barry and thanks Anne for leading me here.

message 10: by Niledaughter (new) - added it

Niledaughter Sue wrote: "I looked at it on Amazon last night and started reading. I was intrigued already."

I had this feeling with the first pages of Kafka on the Shore and I heard this one is even better !

Yes , this group has so much fun :D.... I echo Sue , thanks Anne for leading me here :)

message 11: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue I just took a look at the membership page being a bit curious. I remember when there were 5 or 6 of us. There are now 6 pages of members! This group has really taken off--and we were there early on.

message 12: by Niledaughter (new) - added it

Niledaughter Sue wrote: "I just took a look at the membership page being a bit curious. I remember when there were 5 or 6 of us. There are now 6 pages of members! This group has really taken off--and we were there early on."

:D the group has so much Flexibility, with warm atmosphere and very active and devoted moderators :)

message 13: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy (patchworkcat) | 2212 comments Nile daughter wrote: "Sue wrote: "I just took a look at the membership page being a bit curious. I remember when there were 5 or 6 of us. There are now 6 pages of members! This group has really taken off--and we were th..."

Thank you for helping to make it that way, ND! Its fun to see people jump in and make themselves at home. Its like one big family.

message 14: by Niledaughter (new) - added it

Niledaughter Judy wrote: "Nile daughter wrote: "Sue wrote: "I just took a look at the membership page being a bit curious. I remember when there were 5 or 6 of us. There are now 6 pages of members! This group has really tak..."

Thanks , that was very kind of you to say :D

Louise | 120 comments I'm in :-)

Parsa | 101 comments I am in too. Is there a time set for when to read this one? It seems to me many already started reading it. :)

message 17: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy (patchworkcat) | 2212 comments Paras wrote: "I am in too. Is there a time set for when to read this one? It seems to me many already started reading it. :)"

Paras, this one is scheduled for May. :-)

Parsa | 101 comments Judy wrote: "Paras wrote: "I am in too. Is there a time set for when to read this one? It seems to me many already started reading it. :)"

Paras, this one is scheduled for May. :-)"

okay thanks :)

message 19: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue I just received the book from Amazon. Looking forward to reading it but I have plenty to keep me busy til May.

message 20: by Niledaughter (new) - added it

Niledaughter Nice to have you with us Paras :) , that is great Sue ;)

message 21: by KayG (new) - rated it 4 stars

KayG | 5 comments I would like to do this one as well -I'll be listening on audiobook.

message 22: by Niledaughter (new) - added it

Niledaughter Reading process became crazy for me lately , when are you planning to start this one ?

message 23: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue I think my schedule says May1st, though I may start a bit later than that. I haven't started the MENA books yet---thank goodness they are for long periods of time. I seem to be reading non-scheduled books quickly and planned books quite slowly lately.

I'm willing to read it whenever is good for you ND.

message 24: by Niledaughter (last edited Apr 29, 2012 10:10PM) (new) - added it

Niledaughter Sue wrote: "I think my schedule says May1st, though I may start a bit later than that. I haven't started the MENA books yet---thank goodness they are for long periods of time. I seem to be reading non-schedule..."

I think I will start it in late May as well , I need to finish MENA books first .

Parsa | 101 comments Whats MENA books?

I had put it away ever since I bought i tin Dec so I could read it with the group. I ignored it so much, I forgot I gotta read it in May.

I might not complete my challenge but I would read it in May with you guys. Would start may be next week or so. :)

message 26: by Niledaughter (new) - added it

Niledaughter Paras wrote: "Whats MENA books?

I had put it away ever since I bought i tin Dec so I could read it with the group. I ignored it so much, I forgot I gotta read it in May.

I might not complete my challenge but I..."

It will be fun having you wit us , I don't think I will be able to start before May 15

we mean MENA group

I haven't finish "My name is Red" and our upcoming reads are heavy .

message 27: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy (patchworkcat) | 2212 comments Whatever works for you ND, is good for me.

message 28: by Sue (last edited Apr 30, 2012 10:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue I haven't been back to My Name is Red for some time. So many books. But at least I did read Palestinian Walks, which was so good.

Mid May sounds good to me, though I think I'll be busy with reading for some time.

message 29: by Niledaughter (new) - added it

Niledaughter Judy wrote: "Whatever works for you ND, is good for me."

great :)

Sue wrote: "I haven't been back to My Name is Red for some time. So many books. But at least I did read Palestinian Walks, which was so good.

Mid May sounds good to me, though I think I'll be busy with readin..."

I am glad you liked Palestinian Walks, I didn't have a chance to read it but still on my list .

Parsa | 101 comments Mid May sounds good to me. And thanks for introducing the other group.

message 31: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Paras wrote: "Mid May sounds good to me. And thanks for introducing the other group."

MENA is a great group Paras. I've been introduced to so much I never would have known or experienced and books I never would have read.

message 32: by Niledaughter (last edited May 01, 2012 09:26AM) (new) - added it

Niledaughter Paras wrote: "Mid May sounds good to me. And thanks for introducing the other group."

ok , Mid May then :) and you are welcome .

Sue wrote: "MENA is a great group Paras. I've been introduced to so much I never would have known or experienced and books I never would have read...."

I am very happy to read your lines Sue :D

N.B
For moderators ; sorry ...I don't mean any advertising :o

Parsa | 101 comments Sue wrote: "Paras wrote: "Mid May sounds good to me. And thanks for introducing the other group."

MENA is a great group Paras. I've been introduced to so much I never would have known or experienced and books..."

I know. I read the list of books and decided there are quite afew I would want to start without delaying. problem is, i cant find those books. Just found one so atleast I know where to start.

Parsa | 101 comments Nile daughter wrote: "N.B

For moderators ; sorry ...I don't mean any advertising :o"

lol.. I am sure they would be able to see that :D

message 35: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Paras wrote: "Sue wrote: "Paras wrote: "Mid May sounds good to me. And thanks for introducing the other group."

MENA is a great group Paras. I've been introduced to so much I never would have known or experienc..."

Paras, I've been able to find some books through the library exchange and some books have been available at good prices through online booksellers. Of course it depends on making choices and priorities. Good luck with your book searches.

Susan | 83 comments Was not Online for awhile so did not realize this read would be.mid May. Started on the 3rd and it is a fabulous read!

message 37: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Yep, some of us decided to delay a bit. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I recall enjoying the beginning sample at Amazon before I bought the book.

Susan | 83 comments Have to read Blood, Bones, and Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef for my RL Nf group meet on Tuesday so stopped The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle at Book three. Will join the rest of you when caught up.

message 39: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Sounds good.

Parsa | 101 comments Anyone started reading it already? Its mid may

message 41: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy (patchworkcat) | 2212 comments I have. I'm glad to see you are reading, too, Paras.

Parsa | 101 comments I havent started it yet but I plan to do over the weekend.

message 43: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy (patchworkcat) | 2212 comments Look forward to hearing your thoughts. I've only read about 100 pages and like it so far.

message 44: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue I will take it off the book shelf today. I just picked up 4 more books from the library too. I am inundated with reading but it's a good thing as long as I keep my head above the books.

Snoozie Suzie (snooziesuzie) | 60 comments I listened to this recently, and reviewed it earlier today. So when you all start your discussions I'll jump in.

Susan | 83 comments I started the beginning of the month and then stopped until you all were ready ... anxious to get started on it again. Wonderful Book!

message 47: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy (patchworkcat) | 2212 comments I don't foresee being able to pick it up again until Monday at the earliest. Hubs is home this weekend and we are getting lots of yardwork and pesky little chores done. Yea! :-)

message 48: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Just started and plan to read more tonight. I really like his writing so far.

Parsa | 101 comments started reading it other day. seems interesting so far.

i agree with sue, i like his writing too

message 50: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy (patchworkcat) | 2212 comments I'm almost halfway through, anyone want to discuss?

« previous 1 3