The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > About Me and Books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (CassieWinters) Hi, my name is Eric. I am a full-time student, so I find time to read between studying and classes. I have found since I started at this new university this fall I have been making more time for reading then I have in a long time. I was an avid reader when I was in high school, but as life happened I fell away from it. Now I am finding myself immersed in reading. I am enjoying picking up a book and escaping into whatever world the writer has created. I wouldn't say I have a particular favorite type of genre when it comes to reading at this point, but I have enjoyed books with social commentary since I am a social work major and I also enjoy fantasy stories. While these things are true I am pretty much open to exploring any type of story because I find them all to be truly engaging on their own individual level. I have been looking for a few groups that do "book of the month" type of deals because I have little social interaction currently in my studies, so having an outlet to interact with others about something I am passionate about is vitally important to me. I was on another popular site that is similar to this one, but it seems to always be down where this one seems to really understand that their members want to be able to interact about a subject they enjoy: Reading. I plan on joining in on the readings for this group and hope to get to know each and every one of you through our discussions.

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane | 221 comments Welcom to the best reading group there is!

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10021 comments Mod
Hi Eric, so happy to hear that you are looking for a group that does monthly discussions and engages the reader. I am sure I don't have to tell you that you don;t have to look any further :)

Thanks for finding us!

message 4: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (CassieWinters) Lori wrote: "Hi Eric, so happy to hear that you are looking for a group that does monthly discussions and engages the reader. I am sure I don't have to tell you that you don;t have to look any further :)

Thank..."

Yeah, you don't have to tell me. This feels like a very great place to discuss books with others. Feeling very comfortable here and glad that I found this group. You are reading books that I actually am interested in reading and exploring. :-) Very pleased finding this group.