Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Saddest Moment In The Book

Comments Showing 1-50 of 285 (285 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Cody Kes I think it was when Buttercup came at the end and Katniss confronted Prim's death

message 2: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia Prim's death. I didn't really see that coming O_O

george ☽ Prim's death :(

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

When Gale just left her

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) When Peeta was hijacked.. :(

Bianca That Peeta has to ask Katniss even in the end what is real or not real

Amanda White Prims death, hands down. She was the whole point of Katniss joining the Hunger Games, and in the last battle between the rebels and the Capitol, she dies.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Finnick, Cinna, and Prims deaths were all sad, but happened really fast.

Hasara Prim death was the worst. It wz so sad. I felt really upset for Katniss. Its because of her this al happen :(

message 10: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Peeta got hijacked then Prims death.

Olivia Prim's death and the fact that Katniss basically went a bit mentally insane after that.

April Parrish Prim's death.

Brooke The moment Katniss realized she loved Peeta (it was not actually said but just my opinion). She couldn't do the interview/commercial because she was in so much pain over Peeta. Then he comes back and is hijacked and hates her. That broke my heart.

Also Prim's death was extremely sad, it was such a shock to me I had to reread that part a couple of times.

Drew Hosick Bianca wrote: "That Peeta has to ask Katniss even in the end what is real or not real"

Do you think it was more of a "thing" they had between each other by then? In other words, it would be something that connected them for the rest of their lives so they kept it as a tradition or inside joke if you get my drift?

message 15: by Liam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liam Bury Finnick died when the the mutant lizard-men dragged him down the ladder.

message 16: by Cody (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cody Kes Drew wrote: "Bianca wrote: "That Peeta has to ask Katniss even in the end what is real or not real"

I thought that was just a romantic thing Peeta decided to do because he was getting back to his old self, who was good with words

Hawraa Naqi Finnicks' death and Peetas' brain :(

message 18: by Nina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nina The moment when Katniss and Peeta meet again after he tries to kill her upon his first return from being hijacked. When you realize that the Capitol has turned him against Katniss and nearly destroyed everything that he is; kind, gentle, and noble.

message 19: by Inel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Inel when Peeta got hijacked and Prim died :'(

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) Nina wrote: "The moment when Katniss and Peeta meet again after he tries to kill her upon his first return from being hijacked. When you realize that the Capitol has turned him against Katniss and nearly destro..."

OMG! I CRIED! SOO SAD

message 22: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Rue's death was in the first book, Hunger Games.

message 23: by E (new) - rated it 5 stars

E Cody wrote: "I think it was when Buttercup came at the end and Katniss confronted Prim's death"

Right! I was hysterically crying while reading that part!!!!

Bethel Liam wrote: "Finnick died when the the mutant lizard-men dragged him down the ladder."
FINNICK!!! :(
That and Peeta's mental destruction. Sad all the way to the end.

message 25: by Cody (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cody Kes Erin wrote: "Cody wrote: "I think it was when Buttercup came at the end and Katniss confronted Prim's death"

Right! I was hysterically crying while reading that part!!!!"

I know! I don't like to admit to crying but that part was really sad and very emotional considering it was Katniss

message 26: by Fran (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran Prims death and Gales ending

Shafara when Gale left her and Prim died

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) haha..It was a bit sad there were no more books..

message 29: by Beth (new) - rated it 4 stars

Beth It has to be Finnick Odair's death by far ;_;

Victoria meyer Mia (Girl about Books) wrote: "Prim's death. I didn't really see that coming O_O"

i agree that was the saddist part of the book. and when she said that she was scared to have children

message 31: by Beth (new) - rated it 4 stars

Beth Also Gale really let me down when the majority of Prim's death was down to him. I originally wanted Gale to be with Katniss but now Gale has shown a terrible mistake I'm glad Peeta ended up with her.

Jenny I cried reading when the cat was meowing and crying, and at the same time, so was Katniss, both trying to comprehend what happened to the their little Prim? Where did she go? Where is she? That made my cry!

Molly Most definitely the part when Katniss comes to terms with Prim's death. It was so surprising as well as sad and I cried! There was so much death in this book, I believe I cried several times!

message 34: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani Ablack Cody wrote: "I think it was when Buttercup came at the end and Katniss confronted Prim's death"

I agree... that was the saddest part for me. I bawled when he came back.

Marla Prim's death. I absolutely HATED that the author felt compelled to have this happen. I felt it was totally unnecessary to the storyline. Anyone could see that Katniss was going to assassinate that President. She didn't need this type of antagonism to make that happen.

Jordan prims death . because katniss stepped up to be in the hunger games for prim but in the end the hunger games still killed prim :(

Kirby Cody wrote: "I think it was when Buttercup came at the end and Katniss confronted Prim's death"

I agree...and the part when she woke up to find buttercup guarding her from the night, or however she put it...

Pamela Katniss finally lets herself grieve for Prim's death with Buttercup by her side.

Jenno Olszewski I hated when Finnick died, because I really liked his character. The only part that actually moved me to tears, however, was the part when Buttercup arrives back in the victor's village, looking for Prim. For some reason, the image of Buttercup and Katniss grieving together, and becoming allies because they were all that was left of the family really made all the losses Katniss experienced hit home.
The deaths of Prim, Finnick, and so many others were upsetting and shocking when they occured, but in the chaos of war it is impossible to process those losses properly. It is not until she is in relative safety that she can truly contemplate everything that has been sacrificed. I felt that the full emotional impact of all that had happened occured when Katniss started to break through her shock and really get to her grief -the night with Buttercup.

Minna Prim's death, no doubt. i was in shock when i read that, i had to re-read the page about a dozen times before it sunk in. then i nearly threw the book away, but remembered that it was my sister's copy and stopped :S

message 41: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani Ablack Well, you see, I loved finnck and Prim. I was really upset but I thought their deaths were too quick to process until that night with buttercup. That's were everything sunk in for me...

Patrick when Prim died

JO CO When it ended lol. I wish there were more books coming.

Melissa Finnick, Prim, and Rue's deaths. For different reasons, of course.

Kristen Cody wrote: "I think it was when Buttercup came at the end and Katniss confronted Prim's death"

Same for me. I started sobbing at that point :(

message 46: by Jazz (last edited Nov 16, 2011 11:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazz When Katniss broke down with Buttercup, because it was so real how the smallest thing makes people break down.

message 47: by Lu (new)

Lu I'm with everybody else, Katniss breaking down in front of Buttercup.

*Lily's* I thought it was so sad when Prim & Finnick died. When Finnick died all I kept thinking of was of Annie, the guy grew on me, so sad. And when Prim died OooMmGgg, I couldn't believe it, I had to stop reading, and go through what just happened in my head, I say there and just stared at the wall for awhile. Prim was the reason Katniss was doing all of this, so her death shocked me and brought me to tears, and I never cry when I'm reading a book. I think it was unnecessary, but things like that is what makes this a unique book.........tear............

Keona Chandler Cody wrote: "I think it was when Buttercup came at the end and Katniss confronted Prim's death"

oh my gosh, yes did you cry i did i was so heart broken i mean she was already hurt over prims death then , buttercup who loved prim so much dosent understand that shes dead. and how katniss yelled that she was gone and never coming back..... i had to stop readimg for a minute or two. so sad.

Keona Chandler *Lily's Labyrinth* wrote: "I thought it was so sad when Prim & Finnick died. When Finnick died all I kept thinking of was of Annie, the guy grew on me, so sad. And when Prim died OooMmGgg, I couldn't believe it, I had to sto..."

i agree i cried though for both but i cried longer when prim died. i dont even mean to cry when im reading it just happens, i find it unavoidibal.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6