Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) Last Sacrifice discussion

Who would you prefer, Lissa or Sydney?

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bookaholic Not limited to only Last Sacrifice...well, just the two characters in general, based on all the books...

S.L.J. Sydney. Smart, talented, resourceful and not metally damaged. =]

Pavan sydney, idk why but Lissa always seemed a tiny bit self absorbed sometimes, but that's probably just me.

message 4: by Darlene (last edited Oct 31, 2011 03:04PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Darlene Sydney. She's an interesting character we don't see often, and I relate to her more. I really like Lissa too though.

Jennifer Dupriest Sydney... for some reason I don't really like Lissa.

message 6: by Inel (new)

Inel Sydney, even if I like Lissa too though, I found Sydney more intresting.

message 7: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy G. Defo Sydney.
Lissa tends to be too meh for me.
I wasn't a huge fan of hers.

iomai Inel wrote: "Sydney, even if I like Lissa too though, I found Sydney more intresting."

i so agree. Sydney is more exciting. Lissa tends to be more of a book worm.

Redtulips1103 Sydney is awesome but ya gotta love Lissa!

Kaitlin Smiffy Smith i like them both just sydney more because shes not affraid to get out there

Tessatonks Sydney. Lisa seemed too bitchy sometimes

Kaitlin Smiffy Smith Nilufer wrote: "Sydney. Lisa seemed too bitchy sometimes"

Yer I agree

Erika Sydney. I don´t like Lisa, she is boring

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Lissa is so.. vulnerable, i like her but i don't really like how she makes everything so complicated and is so easily manipulated, like with Avery, (yeah she was being compelled but if she was stronger she could have seen through it all)
And she seems a little bit selfish, like when she tried to stop Rose from finding Dimitri, its like she doesnt realise whats happening in other peoples lives.

But Sydney is like a whole different person, she is like outthere sort of and won't be forced into things, and she protects people too, yeah she hates vamps and dhamps but like when you think about it who likes a person who runs around ripping at peeps necks? i mean of course you wouldnt mind if they were hot ;) but yeah Sydney is completely different so you can't really choose between either.

So i'll just say i like them both, but Sydney more (:

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Pavan wrote: "sydney, idk why but Lissa always seemed a tiny bit self absorbed sometimes, but that's probably just me."

No, she is kinda self absorbed, that sums up what i kinda said before in shorter words!

Veronica Lissa. She is a good friend. I will choose her over Sydney any day having finally read bloodlines. (view spoiler)

Whitney hmm, interesting question. I pick Sydney. She's more independent and very intelligent. Lissa is kind of helpless and expects everyone to do things for her.

message 18: by Laerke (new)

Laerke I really like Sydney. I like Lissa too, but she didn't stand out to me the way Sydney did.

Allison i like them both. lissa was weak in her own way, but she has a badass power to make up for it! i like sydney because shes independent and doesnt take sh*t for anyone. shes amazing in her way as is lissa

Sammie sydney ,i hate lissa i dont know why really maybe cause i find her a little selfish or something plus i like that lissa is alot like me except im a little more carefree

message 21: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess Brooks Pavan wrote: "sydney, idk why but Lissa always seemed a tiny bit self absorbed sometimes, but that's probably just me."

I completely agree with you :)

message 22: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin tie

Claudia Sydney all the way

Denise Im gonna be the first to oppose and say I like Lissa. :))))) I like Sydney too! Both are really good characters and are kinda similar in some ways. I dunno. I find Lissa really cute. *shot* But maybe that's just me. XD

message 25: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I really like both characters Sydney & Lissa Dragomir, but Its such a damn hard question to answer so I'm going to say both.

There is no competition at all between these talented characters!!! lol

Emily Cote I'm not a fan of either of them, but if I had to choose, I'm going to say Sydney. I've never liked Lissa, and I kind of always wanted her to just go away (so I'm glad she's the queen-no more mention of her). Sydney has just enough personality to have more than Lissa, which isn't hard.

Ooh, that was a little cruel, wasn't it? I must be in a bitter mood... Sorry to all you Sydney and Lissa fans! I mean no harm!

message 27: by Kaitlin (last edited Jul 26, 2012 05:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaitlin Smiffy Smith Now I've started reading the Golden Lily I'm beginning to like Sydney more than Rose! and WAY MORE than Lissa she is like Bella (Twilight) in a really creepy kind of way.

Jamie Sydney, she is awesome by far my fave. Lissa is a wimp

message 29: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Jamie wrote: "Sydney, she is awesome by far my fave. Lissa is a wimp"

oh my gosh jamie! why would you say that Lissa is a wimp? lol

message 30: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Kaitlin wrote: "Now I've started reading the Golden Lily I'm beginning to like Sydney more than Rose! and WAY MORE than Lissa she is like Bella (Twilight) in a really creepy kind of way."

Oh my gosh Lissa is so not creppy!! How can you say that Lissa is creepy and like Bella in the Twilight Saga?

Kaitlin Smiffy Smith Amy wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "Now I've started reading the Golden Lily I'm beginning to like Sydney more than Rose! and WAY MORE than Lissa she is like Bella (Twilight) in a really creepy kind of way."

Oh my go..."

I say that because that is my personal view of her and I didn't say she was creepy I said she was like Bella in a creepy way and I said that because it is true, she depends on other people to do things for her instead of doing it herself just like what Bella did in Twilight.

message 32: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Kaitlin wrote: "Amy wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "Now I've started reading the Golden Lily I'm beginning to like Sydney more than Rose! and WAY MORE than Lissa she is like Bella (Twilight) in a really creepy kind of way..."

Okay then Kaitlin, I understand what your saying :-)
I am sorry if I snapped at you hunny :'-(

Kaitlin Smiffy Smith Amy wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "Amy wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "Now I've started reading the Golden Lily I'm beginning to like Sydney more than Rose! and WAY MORE than Lissa she is like Bella (Twilight) in a really cr..."

it's all cool! we all have our opinions, we just clashed a bit that's all!

Kashi12;p Kaitlin wrote: "Now I've started reading the Golden Lily I'm beginning to like Sydney more than Rose! and WAY MORE than Lissa she is like Bella (Twilight) in a really creepy kind of way."

Haha Thats so true! She's so dull and to be honest quite self absorbed

message 35: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Kaitlin wrote: "Amy wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "Amy wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "Now I've started reading the Golden Lily I'm beginning to like Sydney more than Rose! and WAY MORE than Lissa she is like Bella (Twilight) in..."

yeah exactly Kaitlin, just a clash of two bookworms who have different opinions :D

S.L.J. Lissa grew a backbone later in the series and I liked her development in LS but I still think her character doesn't stand up against the others.

Sydney is much more complex and intresting to read about.

Sana - Literati Psyche SYDNEY for sure :]

Aineric Sydney, without doubts. She's so smart and interesting. Lissa is the most stupid girl on the books, I can't bear her.

message 39: by Caye (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caye I like Lissa, though sometimes she can be frustrating whenever she's helpless. But I like Sydney even more. I feel like she can be kickass if she wants to, whereas Lissa is like this royal princess who constantly needs support to be stable. And Sydney is much more interesting :)

message 40: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby Sydney, I have never even read Bloodlines but she seemed really cool in Vampire Academy and its not that I don't like Lissa but she just isn't good enough for me to really like her

Kristina At the beginning I didn't like either, but then Sydney really became likeable as Bloodlines series went on and Lissa...that never happened for her. She's still whiny and I hate how she treated Jill--is it her fault that Eric couldn't keep it in the pants?

Medha Sydney. Lissa is just too absorbed in Christian :/
and not to 4get that she isn't an interesting character :(
Team Sydney here! :D