Around the World discussion

The Map of Love
This topic is about The Map of Love
Africa > Egypt - Nile daughter recommends "The map of love"

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Niledaughter I enjoyed reading The Map of Love , here is my review

message 2: by Betty (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) Nile daughter, I noticed elsewhere that you mention this helpful article http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2005/... that unravels some of the book's themes. This is one of my to-read books (and I have a couple of her books), which as you say might initially seem daunting but turns out to be a more than a satisfying reading.

message 3: by Niledaughter (last edited Oct 30, 2011 09:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Niledaughter Asmah wrote: "Nile daughter, I noticed elsewhere that you mention this helpful article http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2005/... that unravels some of the book's themes. This is..."

I hope you will like (the map of love) :) , what are the other books you have ?
Yes , that article not only discussed "the map of love" ; but also told me a lot about Ahdaf Soueif, her personal life , her believes and how all of that affected her work . if you are ever going to read In the Eye of the Sun, this article will make you can feel how it intersects with her actual life , that one is very different from "The map of love" ; with a very bold feminine voice . the issues she discussed in that book were very sensitive and complicated , they are almost never discussed frankly .

in "The map of love" , east and west meet , but "In the eye of the sun" ; they exist in the same woman ...

message 4: by Betty (new)

Betty Asma (everydayabook) "In the Eye of the Sun" and "The Map of Love" are the novels, and she has collected short stories which I would also want to read.

Niledaughter Asmah wrote: ""In the Eye of the Sun" and "The Map of Love" are the novels, and she has collected short stories which I would also want to read."

great :)
I hope to hear your opinion about them ...