SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Book-of-the-Month > [Nov 2011] "Aftermath" Discussion **Spoilers**

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments This is the discussion thread for November's BOM: Aftermath by Ann Aguirre.
Spoilers Welcome Here

Please include in your discussion:
* How did this installment compare to the previous in the series?
* Did you have a favorite quote or scene?
* Would you recommend the book to others?
* Do you plan on reading the rest of the series?

message 2: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Hmmm...in some ways, I felt we spent a lot more time in Sirantha's head. I really enjoyed this, and can't wait for the next one.

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments True. (view spoiler) I just want book 6 already! LOL!

message 4: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments I've been twisting EXACTLY those same thoughts in my brain...yikes...it's now a knotted mess with no hope of untangling.... I tried to push this off so I wouldn't have to wait ONE YEAR to enjoy the finale... I succumbed....bingo fever. I knew I would devour the book in mere hours, and did. Now, I have months to ponder that whole sitch. (view spoiler)

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments Me too! (your spoiler) Oy! But, Ann can write, yah!? I was a bumbling mess after reading this one. Why or why didn't I wait?! LOL!

message 6: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (last edited Oct 30, 2011 06:48AM) (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Yep!!!
(view spoiler)

I have ordered some of her other series to tide me over...but feeling nervous as to whether I'll love them as much as SJ...but Ann REALLY does deliver!

message 7: by Vi (new)

Vi | 886 comments Oookay, I think I'll pace this series out. The next book is out only in September 2012! Is the next book the last?

message 8: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Vi the next book is the last one.

Judithe I wil be interested to see if you like them as much. The Skin series didn't deliver for me ultimately even though there were great scenes and great characters. The same with the Corinne Solomon series -- but I keep buying and reading those anyway. I enjoyed Enclave, but not like Sirantha Jax (but more than the Skin and Corinne Solomon books). I still need to read Nightfal though, so I do not know how I feel about that series. I think a buddy read on some of these would be fun. Especially with fans of the Jax series.

I loved Aftermath. I thought the ending was very true to the characters and how they developed. One of the reasons Ih ave problems with many PNR and romance books is the forced HEA, or so I feel it is forced. I prefer an interesting and tormenting ending to an unrealistic HEA. But I think I may be an odd ball there. I do think Vel loves Jax as a mate and he wants to go there with her. I personally can't even envision that for the reasons Steph said! March always seemed to put other things before Jax, not unworthy stuff and not that it wasn't understandable, but Vel didn't. Jax was put even before his planet and his race in his eyes. I definitely plan a re-read of the series before the release of the last one.

message 9: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments Ah, man. I didn't know End Game was going to be last in the Jax series. :( Now, I'm bummed. But, it makes sense. Not to mention the title should'a clued me in. LOL! Well, it's been a great ride and I'm excited to see how she'll wrap it all up.

I agree with you, Regina. Skin didn't do it for me. Not bad, just not what I wanted. I haven't read her Corinne series, but did really enjoy Enclave and look forward to #2.

message 10: by Vi (new)

Vi | 886 comments I think there's something wrong with the notifications (again). I didn't receive any for this thread.

Thanks Regina. If it's going to be the last book, then I'm going to try putting off this series for now until next year.

message 11: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments I have so many emails to catch up on, I can't tell if I'm getting notifications on time or not. But, I did just get one for your post, Vi, so I'm guessing mine are okay (for now).

message 12: by Vi (new)

Vi | 886 comments I'm pretty sure I'm not getting ALL notification. I didn't get one for your reply.

message 13: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments Sorry, hopefully it'll work itself out soon.

message 14: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments I've got all the books so far but haven't started them yet. Like Vi I might put them off till closer to the last book coming out.

message 15: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments Makes sense. Plus, it'll be nice to read them all back-to-back - if you wanted to. I am SO anxious to see how she wraps it up.

message 16: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Me too Steph. :)

message 17: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments On one hand, I think it's great when an author knows when they are going to end a series (like a TV series, they can plan for it, make it good for the fans) ... but, on the other, there are some series that I just don't wanna see end -- Ever. LOL!

That said, there are series that go way past the point at which they should end and that's no good either.

message 18: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Hmmmmm I can think of a few of those!

message 19: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments I'm sure - sadly plenty out there. But, I can kinda understand. I would imagine an author may have just as hard a time letting go of their favorite characters as we do as fans. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Aftermath (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ann Aguirre (other topics)