SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Book-of-the-Month > [Nov 2011] "Paradise 21" Discussion **Spoilers**

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28233 comments This is the discussion thread for November's BOM: Paradise 21 by Aubrie Dionne.
Spoilers Welcome Here

Please include in your discussion:
* Did you like the world building?
* Did you like the main characters? (If not, why?)
* Did you have a favorite quote or scene?
* Would you recommend the book to others?
* Do you plan on reading the rest of the series?

message 2: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments I am on page 362 so far. Is anyone else reading right now? Would love to hear what others think. I'm not sure what I think yet.

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28233 comments Hi, Leslie. I haven't bought this one yet. How's it so far?

message 4: by Vi (new)

Vi | 886 comments I bought the book at the start of the month but I haven't yet gone around to reading yet. November has not been a good month for me. :(

message 5: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28233 comments Ah, I'm sorry, Vi. Hope things calm down for ya.

message 6: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1224 comments Finished the book yesterday. I have really mixed feelings about this book. I gave it 3.5 stars, though I put 4 stars on it for Goodreads. It's a wonderful story, interesting world building and interesting characters. There is romance (and I mean that in the purest sense) action sequences, creepy creatures (I felt like I was reading an episode of the old Star Trek) and interstellar conflict. My problem came with the writing. I do not read very much science fiction, so it's possible that this kind of writing is normal. I just found it very cliched and stilted. Especially the dialogue. But once you get past that, the story does grab you. I wish the relationship between Stryker and Aries was a little bit better developed,however. But I will be interested to read the next installment and see what she does with the story. I'm interested to see what others think.

message 7: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28233 comments I like the sound of Star Trek, one of my faves. I keep forgetting about this one for some reason. Definitely not intentional. Glad you enjoyed it, hope #2 is even better.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Paradise 21 (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Aubrie Dionne (other topics)