Into the Forest discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1385 comments Mod
Did anyone else catch this? While I liked Once Upon a Time better, this one wasn't too bad. I just wish the lead was a better actor.

message 2: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments I loved both of them but Once Upon A Time is my favorite between the two. I will be watching both though.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Now, do we consider Once Upon a Time better because it is better or because there is more than one active female character or because it is girly?

I did like the werewolf figure (I forgot the name for it) and I loved the fact that his partner noticed the humming.

message 4: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments I consider it better because I think the fairy tales are more out there than in Grimm. Also because Grimm reminds me of the CSI/Law & Order type shows and I'm not really a fan of those but I like Grimm because of the fairy tale aspect of it. I really liked the nicer werewolf and I hope he's a regular on the show. Did you ever read the Lovely Bones? The second werewolf that was kidnapping the Red Riding Hood wannabes sooooooo reminded me of the crazy guy in the Lovely Bones. My mom thought so as well.

message 5: by Christine (new)

I have read Lovely Bones, and you're right about the second werewolf. It looks like the good were will be in it. He's listed as a regular.

message 6: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments Nice I am not familiar with any of the actors so I am not sure who is who =)

message 7: by Camile (new)

Camile | 2 comments Once Upon a Time was far better possibly because it had several more intriguing moments throughout each episode. I'll probably watch both but I don't have high hopes for Grimm's plot line to improve, sad really because I was so hyped up for the show!

message 8: by Trinity (new)

Trinity (snappingturtle) | 9 comments Been watching them both. So far Once Upon A Time wins for best plotline and most intriguing characters. But Grimm has potential, and is still worth watching for our household. I would have to agree about the whole CSI/Law & Order type thing, sadly.

message 9: by Christine (new)

Well, there is a bright spot for Grimm. Our lead is one of the last Grimms, not the last. So they can always get rid of him and change everything up.

message 10: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments Does anyone know what tale tonight's show was based on? It's driving me crazy lol

message 11: by Christine (last edited Nov 12, 2011 06:11AM) (new)

I haven't seen yet. I'll watch it sometime this weekend. Just checked an article, so if it is about bees, it's most likely

http://www.authorama.com/grimms-fairy...

message 12: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments I thought it may have been about that one but once I actually saw the show I didn't see any connection between the show and that story

message 13: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (minuet33) | 43 comments This show is scary! I don't know if I can do it!

message 14: by Christine (new)

Jessi, according to the show's website the third episode is supposed to be drawn from Queen Bee. It's an intersting guide. Gotta give them credit for drawing for little known tales. Grimm has also picked up for a full season.

message 15: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments I'm glad they are using the little known tales. I'm trying to figure out what last week's episode is from too. It's funny cuz I do the little known tales as well but it's been a year or so since I last re-read them so I'm not picking up on them as quickly as the more popular ones. Glad the show got picked up for a second season =)

message 16: by Christine (new)

Bluebeard

message 17: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments Thanks Chris =)

message 18: by Jade (new)

Jade (jadev) I've been watching both shows but I like OUAT better too. I hope Grimm will be more than a Monster of the Week type of show. I do like it though. I like that it makes me discover some tales like The Queen Bee.

message 19: by Christine (new)

I think the acting and plotting in OUAT is better. Most of the supporting actors in Grimm are good, but the lead isn't.

message 20: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments I really enjoyed last night's episode they did an awesome job

message 21: by Cat (new)

Cat (dodger_thirteen) | 34 comments Of the two shows, I prefer Grimm, mostly because it actually seems to have something to do with the real fairy tales of the Grimm brothers; Once Upon a Time has more to do with the Disney movies than any of the original tales.

The acting is sorely lacking, though, just as it is in OUAT (in my opinion). I love Monroe and Hank Griffin, Nick's partner, though. Both are reasonably well-acted, though Silas Weir Mitchell (Monroe) steals any scene. David Giuntoli (Nick Burkhardt) seems to prefer acting as oblivious as possible - the scenes with his fiance (wait, did he ever propose?) only support this, but I blame that more on the writers than the actor himself. Writers need to get a move on and make Nick have to face the fact that he is a Grimm, not a cop who happens to see fairytale creatures. Seriously, what's all the research for if he's not doing his job? I get that he's ~different~ from the rest of them, but he just doesn't seem to be taking this seriously, and that's the main problem with the show thus far.

message 22: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) | 16 comments Thus far I'm enjoying Grimm. I remind myself it's the first season of a new show so it will take time to go through the character development, unravel the back-story, and grow the actors.

Although he comes off a bit awkward or creepy at times, I enjoy Monroe and the slightly "off" comedy he brings to the show. This may sound counter to what I just said, but I find him sort of endearing. I have more care for his character than I do for our leading Nick. It will be a journey through the first season and we'll see what happens for the future.

Watching the show has piqued my interest for reading the original Grimm tales. I think it would be fun and interesting to see how the show spins the tales, if I knew what the original tales were.

message 23: by Christine (new)

So far:

Red Riding Hood
Queen Bee
Bluebeard
Goldilocks (which isn't a Grimm story really)
Three Little Pigs
Pied Piper

message 24: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments Last night was Rapunzel. Not sure which one tonight's is.

message 25: by Diane (new)

Diane Reed Jessi wrote: "I consider it better because I think the fairy tales are more out there than in Grimm. Also because Grimm reminds me of the CSI/Law & Order type shows and I'm not really a fan of those but I like G..."

I agree--Grimm is more of a CSI type show, whereas Once Upon A Time sticks closer to the fairy tales and modern retellings, with women being featured heavily as strong and independent (no wonder I love it!).

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 4 comments This isn't a bad show, but the lead character is so slow on the uptake about everything. I like his sidekicks, his partner and the werewolf. I like the dark elements, but not the execution so much.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I've been watching this and I really like it. Sort of. It's more like I like where it could go, and I'm just waiting for it to pick up.

message 28: by JamieNichole003 (new)

JamieNichole003 (pandoraspeaks) I like it but i dont think the wolf guy is a very good actor

message 29: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) I live in Portland & Grimm is filmed here. One of the things that I love about it is the way that it showcases my city.

I also really enjoy the stories. But what was last weeks fairy tale? The one the mouse and the snake guy?

message 30: by JamieNichole003 (new)

JamieNichole003 (pandoraspeaks) the mouse guy started killing the snake guys but i dont recall any fairy tales about that i think it just is a animal thing

message 31: by Christine (new)

Christine wrote: "I live in Portland & Grimm is filmed here. One of the things that I love about it is the way that it showcases my city.

I also really enjoy the stories. But what was last weeks fairy tale? Th..."

According to the show's website, it was based on the Steinbeck book "Of Mice and Men".

message 32: by JamieNichole003 (new)

JamieNichole003 (pandoraspeaks) oh...never heard of it

message 33: by Christine (new)

It's a novel, not a fairy tale. Of Mice and Men

message 34: by JamieNichole003 (new)

JamieNichole003 (pandoraspeaks) oh...still never heard of it. Anyone know this weeks fairy tale or NOVEL

message 35: by Cat (new)

Cat (dodger_thirteen) | 34 comments Christine wrote: "I live in Portland & Grimm is filmed here. One of the things that I love about it is the way that it showcases my city.

That's why I loved The Chicago Code. The show was alright, but what really made it for me was the fact that they filmed on location and really showed off the city.

message 36: by Gail (new)

Gail (goodreadscomgoodreadscomgail) | 2 comments I don't think that "Of mice and men" episode of Grimm was fairy tale related, but I still love the show. Anything with a fairy tale twist has got my attention.
"Once upon a time" is another great show. Like I said, I can't get enough of fairy tales. Giving them a modern twist... I love that too.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

It looks like Grimm may be picking up a bit(maybe).

message 38: by JamieNichole003 (new)

JamieNichole003 (pandoraspeaks) okay I get hansle and gretal part of this weeks fairy tale but what about the rest

message 39: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments Was last week's episode the season finale? Does anyone know?

message 40: by Christine (new)

I don't think so. They seem to have a new episode listed for the 30th of March, at least on the offical website.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that there are two episodes left this season.

message 42: by Cat (new)

Cat (dodger_thirteen) | 34 comments Beth wrote: "It looks like Grimm may be picking up a bit(maybe)."

Slowly. Very, very slowly.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Slowly indeed. I think season two will be better though. I hope there is a season two. I haven't heard anything.

message 44: by JamieNichole003 (new)

JamieNichole003 (pandoraspeaks) does anyone know this weeks fairy tale

message 45: by Cat (new)

Cat (dodger_thirteen) | 34 comments Jamie wrote: "does anyone know this weeks fairy tale"

This past week's? "The Plumed Serpent" episode was based on the tale "The Two Brothers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Two_...

Not sure what this coming episode is based on yet.

message 46: by JamieNichole003 (new)

JamieNichole003 (pandoraspeaks) Dodger wrote: "Jamie wrote: "does anyone know this weeks fairy tale"

This past week's? "The Plumed Serpent" episode was based on the tale "The Two Brothers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Two_...

Not s..."

Thanks

message 47: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments Thanks Chris. I want to know why the past two weeks have been repeats especially since the new one is listed. So if it was taped already why the repeats? I'm just sayin

message 48: by Christine (new)

They could be holding back until the end of the season sweeps, especially if the season isn't a full seas (around 23 episodes). They could've taped it, but not edited it.

message 49: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments Guess I'm just impatient for a new episode lol

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessi wrote: "Guess I'm just impatient for a new episode lol"

They just like to torture us. :)

« previous 1