Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

17 views

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (last edited Oct 29, 2011 03:01PM) (new)

Sherry  | 3570 comments http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/mark-ha...

mark harmon is going to star as lucas davenport in certain prey with the possibility of it turning into a series...
what do you think?
i love him in NCIS and i can see him as lucas.


message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3589 comments Sherry wrote: "http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/mark-ha...

mark harmon is going to star as lucas davenport in certain prey with the possibility of it turning into a series...
what do you think?
i lo..."


I'm looking forward to this one, too. I read about it in TV Guide a week or so ago, and posted it on another thread here then. I can see Mark Harmon in the part....he's always been easy on the eyes!


message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3570 comments Melodie wrote: "Sherry wrote: "http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/mark-ha...

mark harmon is going to star as lucas davenport in certain prey with the possibility of it turning into a series...
what..."


oh i must have missed that, mel. we've been packing to move and i am a little frazzled..:)


message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14213 comments Sherry - good luck with the move! I know you will be excited to be in the new house!
I am VERY excited about Mark Harmon being in a new Prey movie!! and also at the prospect of Prey TV movies
Sherry wrote: "we've been packing to move and i am a little frazzled..:) "


message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Oct 31, 2011 03:25PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7794 comments still not my vision of Lucas (wonder if they'll give him the scar) but he's not the worst I could imagine.


message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14213 comments Tom Cruise? ;)
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "still not my vision of Lucas (wonder if they'll give him the scar) but he's not the worst I could imagine."


message 7: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7794 comments exactly.

Ann wrote: "Tom Cruise? ;)
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "still not my vision of Lucas (wonder if they'll give him the scar) but he's not the worst I could imagine.""



message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14213 comments Sherry:
I have not found time to watch the movie of Certain Prey yet, I have it on the DVR. Did anyone watch it and have an opinion? I kept seeing Mark Harmon as Jethro Gibbs when I watched just a few minutes of the beginning...
Sherry wrote: "i love him in NCIS and i can see him as lucas. "


message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3570 comments Ann wrote: "Sherry:
I have not found time to watch the movie of Certain Prey yet, I have it on the DVR. Did anyone watch it and have an opinion? I kept seeing Mark Harmon as Jethro Gibbs when I watched just a ..."


i haven't had a chance to watch it either. its' waiting for me on the DVR.


message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I saw it and liked it.


message 11: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3589 comments I intended to watch it on the first airing, but the channel was having trouble and the picture would pixelate and lose sound. We recorded it later, but haven't watched it yet.


message 12: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14213 comments Thanks Amy! Good to hear you liked it! Looks like I am not the only one saving it to watch later!
Amy wrote: "I saw it and liked it."


message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Please let me know what you thought of it, after you watch it.


message 14: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1113 comments I watched it last night and I really wasn't very impressed.


message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments They didn't say anything about Weather and his Children though.


message 16: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2943 comments The reruns don't look like god times, I'll try to record.


message 17: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1113 comments I'm not sure but, I think this one was before Weather


message 18: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments I saw it and enjoyed it. The ending has led me to believe that there will be more in the future.


message 19: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14213 comments I finally watched Certain Prey and thought it was ok. I agree with you, Lorraine, I think it left an easy set up for another movie. I had the most trouble with picturing Mark Harmon as Lucas when he was conducting interregations; that is such a trademark Gibbs role that his Lucas "style" was odd.


message 20: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2943 comments I saw the movie on rerun too. Harmon was not my image of Davenport. I also thought the characterization of Davenport as a rule breaking stone killer missed too much of the complexity of who he really was.
And not to complain, but the books expend most of the story on the plodding police investigation that takes you from "who did it?" to a suspect. The movie seemed to jump straight to a suspect, and the plot development was in how exact justice.
When I read Certain Prey, it was one of the most suspenseful of the Prey novels. I just did not get that in the movie.


message 21: by Ann (last edited Nov 22, 2011 08:58AM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14213 comments Agreed on both points, Barry. The flavor of the books and Lucas's depth of character were not translated terribly well to the screen.
Barry wrote: "I saw the movie on rerun too. Harmon was not my image of Davenport. I also thought the characterization of Davenport as a rule breaking stone killer missed too much of the complexity of who he really was....The movie seemed to jump straight to a suspect, and the plot development was in how exact justice. ...When I read Certain Prey, it was one of the most suspenseful of the Prey novels. I just did not get that in the movie. "


message 22: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2614 comments Barry wrote: "I saw the movie on rerun too. Harmon was not my image of Davenport. I also thought the characterization of Davenport as a rule breaking stone killer missed too much of the complexity of who he really was...

I also agree. The movie had a completely different flavor than the Prey books.



message 23: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3570 comments Ann wrote: "Agreed on both points, Barry. The flavor of the books and Lucas's depth of character were not translated terribly well to the screen.
Barry wrote: "I saw the movie on rerun too. Harmon was not my..."


agreed. i finally watched it this week. had a hard time thinking of mark harmon as lucas- his mannerisms are jethro's..lol


back to top