The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3) The Death Cure discussion

Best Character?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Maddy Who was the best character in the series in your opinion.

Call me weird if you want, but I'd say Newt. :P I was in horrified shock when he died. And then very sad. But I thought he sounded adorable, especially with the limp and the accent. :)

Minho was good too, but not as good as Newt in my opinion.

Mage oh, I really think Minho was the best. Newt, is probably second for me.
well, the only reason I think he's the best character is because what he says is always amusing. Most of the time, really.

Lavender MINHO AND NEWT. <3 All caps rage. Sorry.

Aurora Newt. He was a generally good guy. I'm sorry he had so many problems in life, and that he had to go like he did. That was my least favorite part of the book for me.

Boyd Masters I like Minho and Newt because they were best friends back in the maze and they have been through alot together. And it was really sad when Thomas shot Newt. :(

message 6: by Jc (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jc I thought Alby was the one that wanted to die!

message 7: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen For Christmas, I want a shirt that says,

Front: "Anybody else wanna pee their pants and cry for Mommy?"

Back: "Team Minho"

Aurora Jen wrote: "For Christmas, I want a shirt that says,

Back: "Team Minho""

I so want that too.

Ashley3 minho is AWSEM but i think that newt is way BETTER

message 10: by Kyle (new) - rated it 1 star

Kyle I've never been a big fan of either Minho or Newt. Sorry. :/ I like Brenda and Teresa best!

Shelby I love Minho. He was my instant favorite from book one. I love him so much. I also love Newt and Brenda. Newt is such a good guy, and he just seems so cute, his death was horrible, i cried. And i love Brenda, but i'm not sure why. I just really really liked her, ever since she was introduced. I'm glad her and Thomas ended up together.

And I feel like a lot of people don't really like Thomas, but i do. He was just an ordinary guy, with feelings like normal people. He wasn't anything so special, but somehow he just was the perfect main character for this story.
Okay, done.

message 12: by Kyle (new) - rated it 1 star

Kyle @Shelby - Definitely agree, I really like Brenda, but I'm not all that sure why, and I'm happy that Thomas and her ended up together.

Zahra Naim My favourite character has to be Minho, Teresa, Newt and Brenda.
First of all, Thomas was being kind of an idiot about the whole Teresa thing, why can't he understand that she was forced to do it like he was controlled to almost kill Minho, Jorge, Brenda and Hans with the knife. He knows the power WICKED held, why was he being so not-understanding.
I love Newt because he is such a genuinely good guy, he cares for people and wants people he cares about to be safe, his story about suicide attempt was heart breaking.
Teresa is such a sweet person who had so much guts to hurt someone she loves because I will never be as brave as her to do that. In the end, she sacrificed her life for saving so many people with the griever and not to forget the rock that landed on her.
Minho is such a strong character, he practically got burned and survived, he went through so much and he is physically and emotionally strong and not to forget a funny character.
Brenda was kind of this slut type from my school at first when she was all desperate over Thomas, but she proved herself as this one kick-ass character that really does care for people and not only herself, her story about her father was devastating just like any other characters.

message 14: by Ruka (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruka for some reason i was not a fan of Thomas, Brenda or Teressa. They all just pissed me off...:/ i liked Minho because he was so funny and Newt wasnt that bad either.

message 15: by Lorn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lorn Newt. And Minho. They were my favourites by far... I know lots of people hated that Thomas shot Newt, but I actually was glad he did. It made a much better ending for him than leaving Newt to go mad and past the Gone all by himself... for me, that would have been unbearable. And he was able to fulfil Newt's last request. :(

Zahra Naim Amelia wrote: "Newt. And Minho. They were my favourites by far... I know lots of people hated that Thomas shot Newt, but I actually was glad he did. It made a much better ending for him than leaving Newt to go ma..."

I have to agree with you on that..It's sad, but it had to be done.

message 17: by Lire (last edited Jan 09, 2012 04:06PM) (new)

Lire Aurora wrote: "Jen wrote: "For Christmas, I want a shirt that says,

I so want that too."

My thoughts exactly.

But I also loved Brenda. She was so kind, and brave and James Dashner develops her character more broad. It gives her room to grow as a character. She's so likeable.

message 18: by Caryn (last edited Jan 19, 2012 05:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caryn I loved Minho and Teresa.

And Chuck, of course.

Melissa I love Minho, he's very funny:)

Kayla Minho and Newt!! I was soooooo sad when Newt died... HE WAS SO YOUNG! And Thomas. Sometimes main characters annoy me, but he didn't :P

William Brenda. There was many layers to her, she was complex and exciting! That was one of the main reasons why I shipped her and Thomas together. Was never a fan of Teresa, don't know why!

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ Jen wrote: "For Christmas, I want a shirt that says,

Memeeeeeee tooooooo I love Minho. I mean Newt was pretty cool, and I have a thing for British people but I mean that quote just says it all, no?

Baylee Rae Mann WOW i am so happy someone else noticed Newt was british, on of myfriends was convinced they all were becoause of the language of the glade. i told him he was an idiot. Newt(the name says it all) and he said bloody all the time. duh. LOVE NEWT. if i was in the book(and i see myslf in that book kicking but big time) then i would be Newt's girl. Mihno i really liked, funny as all get out. But Newt struck a cord with me for some reason. worst most amazingly heart stopping part of the book. i would have cried if Mihno died to. Teresa dying didnt really bother me.(just sayin) In the end the right people survived, Dashner is a GREAT writer.

Baylee Rae Mann Kayla wrote: "Minho and Newt!! I was soooooo sad when Newt died... HE WAS SO YOUNG! And Thomas. Sometimes main characters annoy me, but he didn't :P"

i agree, they annoy me to. i have never like a main character the best.

Baylee Rae Mann Charlie I luv Gale Hawthorne wrote: "Jen wrote: "For Christmas, I want a shirt that says,

Memeeeeeee tooooooo I love Minho. I mean Newt was pretty..."

yeah, i want a shirt like that to!!!!!

William This is probably off-topic, but I'll ask it anyways. Was I the only one who thought Albie and Minho were pretty similar at the beginning?

message 27: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen No, I did too.

Vanessa Chuck! then Minho and then Brenda

Gabriel Laurent My absolute favourite was Minho! It was nice to see an Asian protagonist who is as badass as he was(instead of being the quiet, nerdy type who can do quadratic equations in their head in 1 second)...

Vanessa William wrote: "Brenda. There was many layers to her, she was complex and exciting! That was one of the main reasons why I shipped her and Thomas together. Was never a fan of Teresa, don't know why!"

I never liked Teresa either... As soon as the author introduced Brenda I wanted her and Thomas together.

message 31: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Gabe wrote: "My absolute favourite was Minho! It was nice to see an Asian protagonist who is as badass as he was(instead of being the quiet, nerdy type who can do quadratic equations in their head in 1 second)..."

^ LOVE THIS SO HARD! :D I really dislike reading stereotypes so Minho was very refreshing!

Completely off topic BUT another author who doesn't stick to stereotypes is Jennifer Echols. She has two books where the "hot guys" are Asians which is a nice change.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ Gabe wrote: "My absolute favourite was Minho! It was nice to see an Asian protagonist who is as badass as he was(instead of being the quiet, nerdy type who can do quadratic equations in their head in 1 second)..."

*Presses 'like' button*

Aneesa Minho and Newt! I love that Minho is always so sarcastic and Newt is always the calm, level-headed one.

For those who are into Kpop, I've always pictured Junho or Taecyeon from 2PM as Minho.

Skyler I think Newt used to be better in the other books because I think that Minho was too mean. In The Death Cure he was more nice and I like him better.

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 03, 2012 04:20AM) (new)

Newt. Teresa. Chuck.

All dead.

My favourite characters. (I'll get you back for this one day, James Dashner.)

Newt. By far my favourite. Probably because I found I could relate to him the most. He's not the most decisive guy or the one in most of the limelight, not the strategist. Minho and Thomas were portrayed to be those kind of characters. But Newt was smart. And he was strong. He was "the loyal friend". I agree with the heartbreaking-suicide-attempt story thing. He was just awesome. Halfway through the Scorch Trials I even thought he couldn't possibly die. But he did.

Teresa. I just loved her from the beginning. Her story, how she connected with Thomas, the WICKED stuff all through the trilogy (the ominous end of the Scorch Trials, anyone?). One of my quotes on goodreads is one of Teresa's. It's about how she decided it was best to sacrifice what they could've had. But Thomas didn't change because of it.

Chuck. This cheerful little guy whose death, I appreciate, was necessary. Served as a good plot device tbh. Gave Thomas strength, etc.

I think we need a "most hated characters" thread. Just to see how it contrasts with this thread.

message 36: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia M Newt!!!! more boy :(

Najla Madwar Newt was the best for me. I didn't like how he ended up in book 3 but he's still the best.
Minho and Tommas were seconds.

message 38: by Herapeacok (new)

Herapeacok Ashley3 wrote: "minho is AWSEM but i think that newt is way BETTER"

you spelt awsome wroung.

message 39: by Herapeacok (new)

Herapeacok Baylee Rae wrote: "WOW i am so happy someone else noticed Newt was british, on of myfriends was convinced they all were becoause of the language of the glade. i told him he was an idiot. Newt(the name says it all) a..."

I found out Newt was british because of the Harry Potter Movies " Bloody Hell".

message 40: by Rose (last edited Jun 10, 2012 02:34PM) (new)

Rose Minho for me! Minho and his bottomless pit of snarky comments. LOL. Newt is second for me because he is the most complex character in the book.

I find it funny, almost no one said Thomas was their favourite. Poor Thomas. LOL

message 42: by Jc (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jc Best Character Ever:
Good ol' Chuck

Frances Minho!!! i always loved his sarcasm! oh and Newt.. oh Newt.. why did he have to die like that?! oh well i guess you don't always get what you want..

Melissa Newt, I kind of thought he would be cured before the end though :(

Konstantinos Minhooo,but i liked Chuck as well.
Also,i liked Newt but he was a very complex character and i couldn't understand him well.

Callista Newt and Minho hands down.

Raluca Bratfalean Newt. He is the only one who seems to really care about his friends. And when they die. I really loved how he called Thomas Tommy. He really seemed to have a defined personality unlike some other characters in this book...

message 48: by Grace (new)

Grace I actually really like Winston (anyone remember him?), but when he died (supposedly), newt became my faviourite

Adeline Lim Minho all the way! Each time I turned a page the only thing on my mind was "don't die, Minho. Don't die".

Andrea Minho, Newt, and Teresa!

« previous 1