Lush Library discussion

The old switcharoo > Secret santa stuff

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
I'm going to post things as they occur to me or if people ask a question -
Budget - I didn't think I'd set a specific budget as hopefully people will want to send a gift their swappe will appreciate. If that's a brand new book costing £7 or 2/3 second hand but good condition books for £5 that's fine.

How do we know what to buy - Lot of us have commented on books we've loved/hated on here. I'll send you a bit more info with your swappee info but it won't be in detail. I'd suggest that as not all of us are 'friends' on here that you might want to make more posts about books you're reading/have read and liked as I'm not sure you can see bookshelves of people you're not 'friends' with?

Timescales - if I get a few more responses by next weekend (5/6th) I will send swappee details out within a few days and we can look at posting by end of November at latest.

Postage - I would recommend we send by recorded unless anyone has any concerns with that?

message 2: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
I like the costing and I know I'd prefer to get 2 or 3 second hand - more for me and more for charity.

message 3: by Nisha (new)

Nisha yes same here 2 or 3 charity :) xxI love mystery, FANTASY !, im open to any book apart from spooky or sad ones, i have read the twilight and harry potter series but would perhaps like a unknown book or maybe one that used to be big and isnt now :) xxx

Sam (VanillaFountain) | 577 comments Mod
I like pretty much anything, except celbrity autobiographies uggh I like Sci-fi which is usually my favourite genre. I'm not so much into romance unless there's something else exciting happening within. I hate mills and boon! lol I do like old books though like dr jekyll and mr hyde which I haven't read but I am dying to :)

message 5: by Kirsty (new)

Just thought about it and the charity shops I go to vary in price. One has paperbacks for 50p and hardbacks for £1! I'm hoping to find some good books in there.

message 6: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
Just waiting for a last few details back and then I will be ready to send you your swappee!

message 7: by Kerry Bridges (new)

Kerry Bridges | 121 comments Thanks Jo, I already have loads of ideas for my person. They aren't allowed to buy any new books between now and Christmas!

message 8: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
Details have now all been sent out, so if anyone's not received them please say :)
Glad you've got ideas already Kerry!

message 9: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
Sorry I should have added for anyone who hasn't done a secret santa before - please wrap book/s up and then package up for posting. If you want to put a card in with the book for your swappee to open on Christmas day with the book you can (just don't open them until Christmas) otherwise you can reveal on here after Christmas Day.

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
Is there anything I've forgotten?
Is everyone happy with their swaps - anyone panicking about not knowing what to get?

message 11: by Kerry Bridges (new)

Kerry Bridges | 121 comments Nope, you've done a fine job, thanks Jo x

message 12: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
Oh ok, I haven't got anything to do now!

Actually one last thing, can everyone let me know when they've posted and when they receive please. Thanks

Got my secret santa gift in the post this morning, thank you to the very organised person who sent it. It's my first Christmas present :D Haven't sorted mine yet I'm still deciding...

message 14: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
How's everyone getting on? I know 3 super speedy Santas have posted already :)

13 days left for everyone else so please let me know if there's any problems/questions?

message 15: by Kirsty (new)

I have bought more than 1 book for mine and I'll be posting this week:) I didn't have a lot to go on but I have been looking for weeks and looking at their shelves etc. I tried to very a bit.

message 16: by Kerry Bridges (new)

Kerry Bridges | 121 comments Mine is here wahay! Smallest DD is urging me to open it already.

message 17: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
No sneaking a peek now! :)

message 18: by Kerry Bridges (new)

Kerry Bridges | 121 comments It'll be hard! It's got Hello Kitty Christmas paper too, so they're thinking it must be for them! LOL

message 19: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
10 days to go before posting deadline -

According to what people have told me 4 have posted out and 2 have been received already :)

My Hubby has hidden mine lol

message 21: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
4 days left for posting. Just a reminder to please let me know when you've posted/received your gift and if you're having any problems please just shout and I will attempt to help.

message 22: by Lou (new)

Lou (loucaster) | 47 comments Will be getting mine hopefully on Wednesday (payday!) providing I get to a shop after work before they close xxx have got lots of ideas x

message 23: by Kathabelle (new)

Kathabelle | 18 comments My went out late (Dec. 10) but the post office said that it would be delivered in time for Christmas.