Topeka & Shawnee Co. Public Library discussion

Found (The Missing, #1)
This topic is about Found
Young Adult Book Discussion > Featured Teen Reading "The Missing" Series

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa | 3 comments Mod
This is turning out to be quite a series. Margaret Peterson Haddix has a clear succinct writing style, which is good since this is a bit of a complicated plot. The first book Found begins with a bunch of babies found on an empty plane.

::Spoilers follow::
It turns out these children are missing children throughout time. Think the likes of Anastasia or Virginia Dare. It seems some nefarious time travelers stole the children from their original time with the plans of selling them in the future. Of course, things don't turn out right and time becomes damaged. So these children have to be sent back to their original time to repair the damage.

Jonah and Katherine are our two reluctant heroes as they help the other children repair their original time. Since many of these children likely die in their original time, they also plan to return them to the present time right before their moment of death.

The science of the series is a bit questionable, but the real enjoyment comes from finding out who these children are, and learning their real (and sometimes fictionalized) story. The author has a nice section in the back of the book discussing her research and the facts versus fiction.

Though the storyline sounds complicated, I would recommend this book to older elementary, younger teens and reluctant readers. It would also be useful as a unique history project

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (talk2me) | 11 comments I really enjoyed Found, My 7th grade nephew loved the whole series. I want to read the rest, they are on my list. I don't think you can go wrong with Haddixx Found (The Missing, #1) by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Topeka & Shawnee Co. Public Library

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Found (other topics)