Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Upcoming Book Releases > November 2011 Releases

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Baldacci, David..............Zero Day
Bradley, Alan................I Am Half-sick of Shadows
Brockovich, Erin.............Hot Water
Connelly, Michael............The Drop (Bosch)
Crichton and Preston.........Micro
Doherty, P C.................The Templar Magician
Evanovich, Janet.............Explosive Eighteen
Gabaldon, Diana..............The Scottish Prisoner (Lord John Grey)
Grafton, Sue.................V is for Vengeance
Hall, Jame W.................Dead Last
Hill, Susan..................The Betrayal of Trust
James, Peter.................Dead Man's Grave
Kaaberbol & Friis............The Boy in the Suitcase
Larsson, Asa.................Until Thy Wrath Be Past
Maron, Margaret..............Three-Day Town
Palumbo, Dennis..............Fever Dream
Patterson, James.............Kill Alex Cross
Rankin, Ian..................The Impossible Dead

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2964 comments Steven King's Nov 22, 1963 also this month.

message 3: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1368 comments Ooh! The Scottish Prisoner! I'm pretty sure Gabaldon fans know which Scottish prisoner that will be.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3598 comments I'm hoping EXPLOSIVE EIGHTEEN actually goes somewhere!!

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3590 comments Melodie wrote: "I'm hoping EXPLOSIVE EIGHTEEN actually goes somewhere!!"

me, too!

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14291 comments Thanks, Cheryl! I am so far behind on new releases I may get to these next November, but am looking forward to several, I wasn't aware of a new James W Hall.
Cheryl wrote: "Connelly, Michael..The Drop (Bosch)and Hall, James W...Dead Last "

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14291 comments Barry: I am eager for this one too! 11/22/63 is going to be as high on my tbr list as I can get it.

Barry wrote: "Steven King's Nov 22, 1963 also this month."

message 8: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Thanks, Cheryl. Connelly, Gabaldon and King!! Can't wait to get my hands on these, though I may have to listen to 11/22/63 - don't think my hands can handle the weight :-)

message 9: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3497 comments Thanks Cheryl, I'm looking forward to evanovich and patterson.

message 10: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14291 comments Marcy: Or Kindle! It is funny, I still want to have a hardback to shelve, but don't want to read a hardback unless it is a library copy.
Marcy wrote: "Thanks, Cheryl. Connelly, Gabaldon and King!! Can't wait to get my hands on these, though I may have to listen to 11/22/63 - don't think my hands can handle the weight :-)"

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14291 comments I am way to early in the game with Diana Gabaldon's books to know what Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner is all about, but know I better get caught up eventually.

message 12: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3598 comments I'm really interested in the King book, but the "doorstops" he seems to write anymore are almost too much for me to even think about!

message 13: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1368 comments Re getting caught up with Outlander so that you understand the title of Gabaldon's latest --I believe Lord John (Grey) appears in the first Outlander novel and that the information given about him there pretty much explains the title. You could also go to the book's pageThe Scottish Prisoner: A Lord John Novelwhich will certainly explain the identity of the Scottish prisoner in question.

message 14: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14291 comments Shomeret - indeed it did! It might even tempt me to read The Scottish Prisoner: A Lord John Novel out of order.
Shomeret wrote: "You could also go to the book's page which will certainly explain the identity of the Scottish prisoner in question. "

message 15: by Shomeret (last edited Oct 30, 2011 05:31PM) (new)

Shomeret | 1368 comments I wouldn't read Lord John and the Scottish Prisonerbefore reading Dragonfly in Amberas background.

BTW,the Lord John novels are related to the Outlander series, but not part of it. The remaining books in the Outlander series after Dragonfly in Amber don't deal with the same events and themes, so I don't think it's necessary to read them before tackling Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner.

message 16: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Cheryl wrote: "Baldacci, David..............Zero Day
Bradley, Alan................I Am Half-sick of Shadows
Brockovich, Erin.............Hot Water
Connelly, Michael............The Drop (Bosch)
Crichton and Pr..."

Thanks for posting this for us. Some good ones out there.

message 17: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3497 comments I'm sure you might also be able to find out about it in the outlander companion which is probably outdated I heard someplace that they might be a update to it at some point. I'm so behind on the series.

message 18: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14291 comments Shomeret - I think (maybe) I may have a hardback copy of Dragonfly in Amber around here somewhere...

Shomeret wrote: "I wouldn't read Lord John and the Scottish Prisonerbefore reading Dragonfly in Amberas background."

message 19: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7808 comments Ann, how do you go about deciding which version to select? Kindle, audible, library HC, purchase, oh my! Maybe it's credit-worthy at audible?

Ann wrote: "Barry: I am eager for this one too! 11/22/63 is going to be as high on my tbr list as I can get it.

Barry wrote: "Steven King's Nov 22, 1963 also this month.""

message 20: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14291 comments That is the one hundred million dollar question.. I struggle with this choice for every book - it is the daily puzzle!
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Ann, how do you go about deciding which version to select? Kindle, audible, library HC, purchase, oh my! Maybe it's credit-worthy at audible?"

message 21: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1257 comments I will be treating myself to 11/22/63 on Kindle..not really treating myself, as I had asked for a gc for my birthday and have been saving it. Carol, I know for me, if its a book I'm going to read quickly...like my favs...Coben, Crais, Sandford, etc...I'll request from the library. I don't want to pay the higher price for a new release and be done in two days.

message 22: by Ann (last edited Nov 03, 2011 11:03PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14291 comments Dawn: I agree with trying to avoid the higher prices for Kindle new releases! Did you see the new feature for Amazon Prime members - a 5,000 title Kindle Lending Library including NY Times best sellers. You can borrow up to one Kindle book a month with no due dates! looks interesting! http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=KCQu...
Dawn wrote: "I'll request from the library. I don't want to pay the higher price for a new release and be done in two days. ."

message 23: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7808 comments wow, I'm going to have to check this out!

Ann wrote: "Dawn: I agree with trying to avoid the higher prices for Kindle new releases! Did you see the new feature for Amazon Prime members - a 5,000 title Kindle Lending Library including NY Times best sel..."

message 24: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3590 comments Ann wrote: "Dawn: I agree with trying to avoid the higher prices for Kindle new releases! Did you see the new feature for Amazon Prime members - a 5,000 title Kindle Lending Library including NY Times best sel..."

my son just sent me a link for that! you can also stream movies and tv shows..hmmm

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I just checked some of the best sellers and I don't see any od
Them for prime. Am I just not seeing it?