Christian Nonfiction Lovers Book Club discussion

Creativity & Writing > Script Writing

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

message 2: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 294 comments I realize this is a nonfiction lovers group, but when I saw this thread about script writing, it hinted to me that some might enjoy a little creative diversion into fictional territory. (And if you're interested in adapting your script as a novel, I have a Christian Nonfiction how-to book to recommend.)

Long before I was an author, I was a screenwriter. Though a number of my scripts got made, many still await production. So I thought, why not give these stories a life as novels? The creative heavy-lifting had already been done in writing the scripts. All the characters were there, ready to go. All I had to do was adapt the scripts into novels to give them a life of their own. Now the novels are out there, raising awareness about the screenplays. It's a win-win!

If you've got a script you'd like to adapt and would like to read a good handbook on the process from a couple of Christian screenwriter/authors, Rene Gutteridge and Cheryl McKay, check out their nonfiction book below. It's a great guide.

Novelizations - How to Adapt Scripts Into Novels A Writing Guide for Screenwriters and Authors by Rene Gutteridge

message 3: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 439 comments Thanks for adding that info Susan, I have met Rene Gutteridge years ago in The Netherlands, we both have the same publisher here.

By the way, I believe nonfiction books can make good stories... think about 'The Case for Christ' from Lee Strobel, they made it into an excellent movie.