Castillions discussion

Deadly Storm (Castle Graphic Novels, #1)
This topic is about Deadly Storm
Richard Castle Books > Deadly Storm (Derrick Storm Graphic Novel, #1)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 103 comments Mod
Have you managed to get your hands on Marvel's graphic novel featuring Richard Castle's original hero: Derrick Storm? What did you think of it?

Amanda (porterak) I got it not to long ago and it was definitely a Castle story but very short and not as detailed as say a book would have been. Although I am not a big comic person so I don't know if that is how comic books are. I felt shorted a little. I wanted more. But it is a fun little read and like I said it is definitely Castle. So much like him and the books so at least they kept to that.

I think they're going to convert all the Derrick Storm novels mentioned on the show into comic books/graphic novels. Seems like a faster way to get the story out. Although Deadly Storm wasn't the first Derrick Storm novel as per the TV canon.

Amanda (porterak) Yea you are right I think I saw a list of books somewhere. Oh in the back of the Deadly Storm comic is a list of all of his books. Which is interesting because they don't list them in the Heat series do they? or am I remembering wrong.

Amanda (porterak) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_...

here is a link of list of books. I think they are all correct. I never trust wikipedia though.

need to do a re-watch of Castle to keep track of canon regarding all his novels, Deadly Storm may have been the first Derrick Storm after all, (just not the first book written by Castle). the books are tie in, so they should follow canon , thing is, I don't think they've ever been mentioned in publishing order onscreen.

Although there's this: http://www.richardcastle.net/books ; no publishing dates there though. but at least there's the order.

Amanda (porterak) Yea they have not mentioned them in order on the show because the one with Alyssa Milano her book was before the Derrick Storm series but they had mentioned Storm before it. And Flowers for you Grave was the first book on the show and it was not Derrick Storm I don't think.

I still don't think that Deadly Storm is the first though. But it seems it would be after reading the comic.

Yeah, the storyline of Deadly Storm seems like the first one. although richardcastle.net has "Storm Season" as the first one, based on the synopsis...

Synopsis: CIA Agent Clara Strike enlists the help of retired NYPD detective Derrick Storm to bug the hotel suite of an African head of state. But this routine mission quickly spirals out of control when Storm overhears a woman’s terrifying scream on the wire. Plagued by the victim’s helpless cry, Storm—despite Strike’s warning, or perhaps because of it—investigates the truth.

Ah well. Deadly storm. you're right, it was a bit too short, would've looked better as a novel IMO, but I reckon that'd take more time to write. Then again, given how there are people who don't read much anymore, a graphic novel is one way to get to that audience as well.

Amanda (porterak) That is true. People don't read anymore. With all the electronics and internet everyone is on and doing facebook and twitter. There is no jut enjoying the little things in life. But that is just how life goes and that is okay because I have fallen in it myself. But at least I still try to pick up a book and read.

And on another note about the books I am not sure who the true author really is for these books but I feel that they don't want to have to go back and well write all these books that are claimed to be Richard Castles books. I mean there are a bunch of them and that would take years. So short comic books is I believe just an easier way like you said Allons-y!