Lush Library discussion

Book nominations > do we do a book club?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nisha (new)

Nisha Hiya,
I was just wondering if we do a sort of book club? so every month someone picks a person to suggest a book we then pick a starting date and agree on a finish date, try to read the book within that time then make a topic for your thoughts on the book? Then rotate it to the next person etc.. it will give us more conversation and we will get to know eachother more and know what type of books we like. It wouldnt have to be really strict so perhaps if some people didnt get to read it it will be fine :)

Just a little suggestion xx
Nisha

message 2: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
We do a nomination process. If you look down the group it's somewhere down the bottom - I move it to the top on the 1st of the month and open a thread for a week for nominations.
Our books this month are the ones that are listed as currently reading (Miss P's home and The Night Circus). There are dates for each book (one month) November's reads are on the right of the current reads. The bookshelf contains our past reads on their own shelf.
Have a look around the group and let me know on this thread if anything is unclear.

message 3: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
Nisha wrote: "Hiya,
I was just wondering if we do a sort of book club? so every month someone picks a person to suggest a book we then pick a starting date and agree on a finish date, try to read the book withi..."

Oh yeah - we also have a story a week from the book Stories. If people are too busy or, for whatever reason, don't want to read our main books they can always dip in and out when able and discuss our short stories.