All Things Rick Riordan Discussions discussion

The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
This topic is about The Son of Neptune
The Heroes of Olympus > Camp Jupiter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,477 (2477 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 49 50

message 1: by Alextiger6 (new)

Alextiger6 | 29 comments What do you think of camp Jupiter it looks pretty cool do you prefer camp Jupiter or camp halfblood

message 2: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ellie  | 15153 comments Mod
Camp Half Blood, so definitely.

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ Well, I read about Camp Half Blood first, so I really like that set up. I grew up reading it.

But, the layout of Camp Jupiter seems more realistic. And I would rather live there.

message 4: by Alextiger6 (new)

Alextiger6 | 29 comments I guess camp Jupiter seems safer but camp half blood deems for peaceful

message 5: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

And you don't have to have hot brands seared into your arms. How did that happen, anyway? (view spoiler)

message 6: by Wisegirl (new) - added it

Wisegirl | 153 comments Hmm, idk........camp Jupiter seems like a better place to live, but camp half blood just sounds so much more fun! And I do like the cabins at CHB, but I like that CJ has a city where you can live and be safe........
Idk, that's a toughie!!!

Lord Percy | 1265 comments It's exactly how roman cities would've been built, actually! Plus, the camp seems larger and more complex than Camp Half-Blood.

message 8: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

I don't really like the fact that it's that big. CHB is...more home. Anyway, CJ is too complicated.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

i don't like the name and that they don't give importance to all gods.

message 10: by Jinax (new)

Jinax | 182 comments Ellie wrote: "Camp Half Blood, so definitely."

Agreed... :)

message 11: by Jinax (new)

Jinax | 182 comments Ellie wrote: "I don't really like the fact that it's that big. CHB is...more home. Anyway, CJ is too complicated."

Agreed again...

message 12: by Jinax (new)

Jinax | 182 comments Ellie wrote: "I don't really like the fact that it's that big. CHB is...more home. Anyway, CJ is too complicated."

By d way ellie, do u lyk Justin bieber?

message 13: by Jinax (new)

By d way ellie, do u lyk Justin bieber?

message 14: by Jinax (new)

Jinax | 182 comments Asmaa wrote: "i don't like the name and that they don't give importance to all gods."

of wat Asmaa???

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Name camp jupiter

Adriana Half blood

message 17: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Asmaa wrote: "i don't like the name and that they don't give importance to all gods."

That's what I thought! It's so one-dimensional.

message 18: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jinax wrote: "Ellie wrote: "I don't really like the fact that it's that big. CHB is...more home. Anyway, CJ is too complicated."

By d way ellie, do u lyk Justin bieber?"

Er, no. I just suffered through an ear-twisting performance of his on this show I like, Dancing With the Stars. He's not even a good singer! Plus he's wearing this ridiculous sparkly purple tux jacket. Dee-guss-ing.

message 19: by Alextiger6 (new)

Alextiger6 | 29 comments Well I like the way you get sorted by parent in camp half blood
and I don't like this cohort thing in camp jupiter

message 20: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

The cohorts? Yeah, I don't like 'em either.

message 21: by Alextiger6 (new)

Alextiger6 | 29 comments Agreed

themikko | 15 comments Definitely not organized. :/

message 23: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Well, they're organized, all right, just not in the way WE like them.

message 24: by Jinax (new)

Jinax | 182 comments Alextiger6 wrote: "Well I like the way you get sorted by parent in camp half blood
and I don't like this cohort thing in camp jupiter"

Agreed.... :)

message 25: by Jinax (new)

Jinax | 182 comments Asmaa wrote: "Name camp jupiter"

Agreed.... just bcoz Jupiter is Optimus n Maximus, v cant, u knw... make d oder gods seem a litl down... they r gods too, after all.... :)

message 26: by Jinax (new)

Jinax | 182 comments Ellie wrote: "Well, they're organized, all right, just not in the way WE like them."

Agreed ;)

message 27: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jinax wrote: "Asmaa wrote: "Name camp jupiter"

Agreed.... just bcoz Jupiter is Optimus n Maximus, v cant, u knw... make d oder gods seem a litl down... they r gods too, after all.... :)"

I didn't quite...understand that. What??? O.O

message 28: by Alextiger6 (new)

Alextiger6 | 29 comments Ellie wrote: "Jinax wrote: "Asmaa wrote: "Name camp jupiter"

Agreed.... just bcoz Jupiter is Optimus n Maximus, v cant, u knw... make d oder gods seem a litl down... they r gods too, after all.... :)"

I didn't..."

Me neither.

Lord Percy | 1265 comments Well, if you guys were children of a god with barely any other children in CJ, I guess it would be good for you not to be alone all the time. I agree with Ellie on this, though: Camp Half-Blood is more like home; whereas Camp Jupiter is, for lack of a better word, "safer."

message 30: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thanks, Percy. :) Although, rereading SoN, I did warm a bit to the idea of a city.

message 31: by Alextiger6 (new)

Alextiger6 | 29 comments I guess the city is nice.

Lord Percy | 1265 comments Yeah, demigods get a chance to have a family and go to college and stuff in CJ. Why doesn't Camp Half-Blood offer this type of luxury? Honestly, I don't feel like a happy camper cause of this. :(

message 33: by Jinax (new)

Jinax | 182 comments Ellie wrote: "Jinax wrote: "Asmaa wrote: "Name camp jupiter"

I didn't..."

Optimus = the greatest and Maximus= the best.... It comes in SON [Son Of Neptune... LOL :)] Percy says," Compared to Neptune's temple, Jupiter's was certainly Optimus and Maximus"... :)

message 34: by Jinax (new)

Jinax | 182 comments Percyandthekanes wrote: "Yeah, demigods get a chance to have a family and go to college and stuff in CJ. Why doesn't Camp Half-Blood offer this type of luxury? Honestly, I don't feel like a happy camper cause of this. :("

But u guys know wat I think???? You wud think I m crazy... ;)... What is the thrill in being safe and in other's responsibility ?? well yes, I knw its sort of a selfish comment, But!!!!!!!! U know... :)

message 35: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Percyandthekanes wrote: "Yeah, demigods get a chance to have a family and go to college and stuff in CJ. Why doesn't Camp Half-Blood offer this type of luxury? Honestly, I don't feel like a happy camper cause of this. :("

XD I love those "happy camper" jokes. And I think CHB doesn't offer them because...well, I don't really know why. ._o

message 36: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jinax wrote: "Ellie wrote: "Jinax wrote: "Asmaa wrote: "Name camp jupiter"

Agreed.... just bcoz Jupiter is Optimus n Maximus, v cant, u knw... make d oder gods seem a litl down... they r gods too, after all......."

Didn't he actually say "Neptune's toolshed?" Just my own fevered brain at work...I'm prob. wrong.

message 37: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jinax wrote: "Percyandthekanes wrote: "Yeah, demigods get a chance to have a family and go to college and stuff in CJ. Why doesn't Camp Half-Blood offer this type of luxury? Honestly, I don't feel like a happy c..."

Huh??

message 38: by Alextiger6 (new)

Alextiger6 | 29 comments Well CJ is very big and complicated

message 39: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, that's the main reason I don't like it. :(

message 40: by Alextiger6 (new)

Alextiger6 | 29 comments Ellie wrote: "Yeah, that's the main reason I don't like it. :("

Same that's why I said it I was saying it was bad that it's big and complicated

message 41: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ahh...I see.

message 42: by Alextiger6 (new)

Alextiger6 | 29 comments Ellie wrote: "Ahh...I see."

Good (view spoiler) I don't really like camp Jupiter.

message 43: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Why'd you hide the "realize it now?"

message 44: by Alextiger6 (new)

Alextiger6 | 29 comments Basically the spoiler was just for ellie

message 45: by Alextiger6 (new)

Alextiger6 | 29 comments For u

message 46: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ahh.

message 47: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sooo! Camp Jupiter?

Adriana I don't like it as much as Camp Half-Blood. Probably because it reminds me of a city. I rather be at camp with other teenagers climbing lava rock climbing things and sword fighting.

message 49: by Ellie , QE3, the Oh so Great and Amazing Opera and Classical Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, I agree. It IS a city, actually....XD But it'd be nice not to have to run all the time.

Yuman (yumnaep) Ellie wrote: "The cohorts? Yeah, I don't like 'em either."

Agreed The way they sort them out at CH-B, they have one field of powers in one cabin--ie water powers= Poseidon, sky powers = Zeus Cabin..etc
Anyway, it's cool that ALL of the kids are recognized at CH-B and so are their powers...that'd make it easy for them to organize during battle
you know what I mean?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 49 50

All Things Rick Riordan Discussions

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rick Riordan (other topics)