Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Book Series Forgiveness

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MeMe Belikova (last edited Oct 28, 2011 10:12PM) (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments Have You Ever Read A Series That You Just Couldn't Finish? Either Because It Was Too Long Or Just Sucked? Well Here's The Place To Put It, If You've Read A Book/Series That You Haven't Finished Post Here And Tell Us Why You Didn't Finish And Will You Ever Forgive The Series(or book) in order to complete it.

message 2: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling
I am A true Harry Potter fan! i started reading these books when i was in elementary! But since the movies have been coming out i've been slacking on reading the books, and they are just so LONG! I plan on Forgiving this book now that the movies have ended :( So i left off on the 'Goblet of Fire' so im so excited about getting back to these!

message 3: by Sivakami (last edited Oct 29, 2011 03:51AM) (new)

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments I've given up on Black Dagger Brotherhood series, its the same stories over and over again just different brothers. I hated the Gone series and Blue Bloods was awful I read the first two but could never get into them again...good thing I kept the receipts because I got a full refund.
I liked the Morganville Vampire Series but couldn't connect with the main girl...I think Claire was her name but I liked the ghost and the goth girl I think, it's been a while since I picked it up. I think her name was Eve or something...

message 5: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments Tiffany wrote: "I've given up on Black Dagger Brotherhood series, its the same stories over and over again just different brothers. I hated the Gone series and Blue Bloods was awful I read the first two but could ..."

Wow I've heard so many good reviews on the Black dagger series, and I hate reading a series when the same things happen over and over *cough* HON series lol (but I still love it). I haven't read the blue bloods yet but I have 3 of the books on my shelf so I shall give them a try and I can't stand it when a reader can't Connect with the man character, its rather frustrating and can ruin the whole book. Thanks for The heads up Tiffany you have been rather helpful lol

message 6: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
The House Of Night Series would be a series i would try to forgive i love the books don't get me wrong but after like the first three books i started to get frustrated with the main Zoe. She became annoying and whinny and not badass like she should have been! I read until like the fifth book I think and stopped but I might pick it back up because Alice said the last to are getiing better...Another series would be...take a guess! Harry Potter I'm sorry the books are awesome the ones I've read but they are too damn long! If I have to take more than two weeks to read a book than i start to get inpatient...So I prefer the movies on this book. lol

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Nov 24, 2011 11:06PM) (new)

Sheri | 12218 comments Mod
The Immortals series by Alyson Noel. I read the first two books, Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel and Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2) by Alyson Noel , and liked them,

but I couldn't even finish the third book, Shadowland (The Immortals, #3) by Alyson Noel . I thought the story was being drug out for too long with nothing really happening.

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 198 comments Ok, don't get me started. I had to stop Kim Harrison's, the Hollows series. It started off good until For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5) by Kim Harrison . This book is where I stopped. I couldn't take it anymore. Let me start off by saying that I have no problems with gay/lesbian themed books. Check out my bookshelf. But I had a problem with this series. My problem was the the main character is straight and never showed any tendencies otherwise. Yet the author has her "friends" peer pressing the girl to the point of getting really mad at her for not dating her lesbian friend. I'm mean what message is that to give readers. It's been going on for a few books. But when the author decides to get rid of another man she made us love, I decided to check the spoilers. Every few books she gets rid of another man while she keeps this possibility of a relationship with this girl going even though she's straight?? Enough already! If she wanted the girl to be a lesbian, she hold have said that from the beginning that the girl thought about being with another girl and never acted on it. I think it's in poor taste to gay/straight/bi people that someone can be "converted". Sorry, for my rant. It just pissed me off to no end.

message 9: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 368 comments I loved The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4) by Stephenie Meyer Series. So I decided to read The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer . I couldn't get past even 10 pages of that book. I might pick that book up again but that would be after a while.

message 10: by Tanecia (new)

Really I heard great things about this book! I think you should give it another go!

message 11: by Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (last edited Nov 26, 2011 04:01PM) (new)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 198 comments I agree about the Host. The first few chapters are a little weird, but there is a reason for that. The book is rally good and one of my all time favorites. I think I liked it better than Twilight.

message 12: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 12218 comments Mod
I really liked The Host, too. I had put off reading it because of the length, but once I got into it, it was hard to put down!

message 13: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 368 comments Ya'll are right. I will give it another try but after December cause I have got so many other books lined up in my shelf.
Another series I gave up is Insatiable (Insatiable, #1) by Meg Cabot Overbite (Insatiable, #2) by Meg Cabot .
I hardly completed Insatiable because I thought it would get better but it got cheesier and cheesier in the end.
I like Meg Cabot's books but this series was just too much for me!

message 14: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments Awl that's another series I wanted to read too lol thanks for the heads up!

message 15: by Grace (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 60 comments I have Insatiable on my shelf in my bedroom. So, should I give it a try?

message 16: by Tanecia (new)

Destiny wrote: "I have Insatiable on my shelf in my bedroom. So, should I give it a try?"

I always say give it a try! Even though somebody els might not like it doesn't mean you might not like it too.....I just think of someone elses opinion as a warning and read it for myself... :) no disrespect gayatri :)

message 17: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 368 comments None taken.
I myself do the same thing. Reviews and suggestions are all good but I like to decide for myself if I am gonna like that book or not!

message 18: by Tanecia (new)

Gayatri wrote: "None taken.
I myself do the same thing. Reviews and suggestions are all good but I like to decide for myself if I am gonna like that book or not!"

I agree :)

message 19: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 368 comments There are also some series which start with a bang and then go down the drain.
Even though I read the whole 'The Immortals' Series by Alyson Noel. I just didn't like it that much. The first three books were good but from fourth one it felt that the story was being stretched for no good reason.

message 20: by Tanecia (new)

Gayatri wrote: "There are also some series which start with a bang and then go down the drain.
Even though I read the whole 'The Immortals' Series by Alyson Noel. I just didn't like it that much. The first three ..."

Omg! I know! I loved the first and second and I can't tell you I remember reading the third one I stopped when her friend became an immortal and she met that other guy with the dreads whose a witch? Lol yeah but I was already getting tired of the series after the second book and haven't looked at the other books since. I do hope I can sit down and read them again but I would rather read radiance with Riley in it than the immortal series ......

message 21: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 368 comments I don't think I will read the spin off series.