Inferno [An Original Advanced RolePlay] discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > The Gypsy City

Comments Showing 1-50 of 201 (201 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Diabolical Daemonic , Puraido (new)

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 624 comments Mod
Sprawling like a bright painting against a bleak wall, this city flourishes like the ancient Egyptians that they learned so well from.

This is a place made up of nomads and Outcasts, and the life here is like no other. Here, people do not fear to laugh and cry and love. Here, in this place, life truly flourishes in the tent homes. Here, in this moving city, one can find life like no other place.

message 2: by Diabolical Daemonic , Puraido (new)

Tuathal sat to the side of a massive tent (a travelling circus, he believed), effervescent eyes half closed with a lazy exhaustion. This place was far from his homeland, and it was times like this that he found himself missing the harsh north.

message 3: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Akira, from not too far away, watched him avidly. Even amongst the weirdest circus freaks, well, the guy stood out. He didn't look particularly rich, but he just had to be some kind of foreigner and any foreigner would do. It's not like Akira made a habit out of begging for money, he had too much pride for that, but his poker gig had fallen flat once everyone realized he was a cheater and there was only so long a growing young man could go without food.

In his mind he ran through numerous phrases he'd used before, but most of those only worked because he was a kid. He wasn't a kid anymore, when women saw him they no longer made that "Oh, you poor thing". They labelled him as just another weirdo and walked away.

And he knew if he kept staring eventually the man would notice him, but right now he had no other plans. To put it frankly, things sucked.

message 4: by Diabolical Daemonic , Puraido (new)

His eyes lowered further, and he found the excruciating noise fading away. No longer could he here the woman crying out her fine goods, red hair slipping out from the cloth wrap.

He twitched. Something was wrong. The bone of his ram skull helmet dug into his temples, but that was usual, and the slick sweat trickling down his dark skin was nothing new, either, but something wasn't quite right.

message 5: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Akira chewed on his bottom lip. His stomach ached. Standing here forever and staring at this weird looking dude was not going to get anything done. And if there was anything Akira hated, it was failure.

Gingerly, he broke out in a stride towards the man. Just ask for a dollar or two, he told himself. It's not that much, it's not that demeaning. Just a dollar.

"Excuse me," he said in a voice so small he couldn't even recognize it as his own. But after he got one glimpse at the man's eyes his voice died.

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, after all.

message 6: by Diabolical Daemonic , Puraido (new)

That short man resisted a flinch as a tinny voice revealed itself to be the fly causing his discomfort. Without moving, he rumbled a "What do you want?" releasing a sigh through his nose.

Slowly, he opened his eyes to take in his rather unwelcome guest, face showing a dull surprise briefly at the oddly coloured, short boy. The people here kept getting odder and odder, but this one was noticeablely slimmer, almost sickly than most of the people bustling the streets. Hmm....

message 7: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments "A-ahm..." Akira mentally pinched himself. Just because it had been quite a while before he last went begging did not mean he had to become a little timid loser now. He rocked back and forth on his heels for a bit, before forcing himself to stand still. "Do you have a dollar?"

message 8: by Diabolical Daemonic , Puraido (new)

Great, a beggar, Tuathal mentally sighed, spitting to the side. The child could certainly use to money, though..."I'll give ya a meal if you help me cart my equipment to the end of the city."

He moved pointedly on the rather large chest, tipping his make-shift helmet back so as to see the sun. "And I'll give ya a breakfast along with it."

message 9: by John (last edited Oct 29, 2011 05:15PM) (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Akira narrowly resisted giving a squeal at the simple words of "breakfast" and "meal", but then he heard "help me cart my equipment to the end of the city".

He wondered faintly if Yuuki had been helping someone cart their equipment to the end of the city too, he wondered if that was the last person she'd ever helped, wondered if that was why she'd never come back.

Sure, logically, there was exactly nothing that anyone would want with a skinny, cheating, lying boy who's hair dye was fading out, but when had Akira ever been logical?

But it won't be long before I can count my own ribs, and then what? It's bad enough now, but who'll want to spare change to an ugly skinny, cheating, lying boy who's hair is fading out? Akira thought.

"Un...yeah," he said, after a while. "Un...yeah. Okay."

Logically, he had nothing to lose.

message 10: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Amongst veiled and dark haired heads, Akira had always found himself sticking out. But glancing up and seeing the almost blonde boy wandering amongst the crowd his attention was immediately drawn towards him. He knew his own hair was dyed (well of course he did, he'd dyed it himself) and he just had to wonder the same about this boy as well. With those features, could his hair really be blonde? Perhaps he was just thinking too hard about these things.

message 11: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments ((Ahaha! Yeah I was only waiting for Demonic to come back, but we can rp too.))

Akira's eyes followed the blonde boy for a quick moment, and yes, he did know staring was wrong thank you very much. But here's the kicker: he had really found no reason to care. Blondie seemed to be wandering towards an obvious group of trouble makers, he had gambled with them himself a few times (and, of course, had won -- albeit only with his cheating, but hey). No sane person would want to fall in with their crowd, they were only criminals in the making and it seriously made him wonder about Blondie's intelligence.

message 12: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments ((Okay!))

Blondie really wasn't seeming like the brightest star in the sky. Akira had thought he was stupid, but this boy surely took the cake -- and ate, it too. From his place safely away, Akira's eyes widened as Blondie was grabbed and held in a fashion that would suggest he was about to get the ever loving crap beat out of him.

Before he could surely think about what he was going to do, he found himself breaking out into a jog towards the group of boys.

"Let him be," he said, loudly. "Take a good look at him. Would you wanna mess up that pretty face?"

Pretty face? Akira needed to think up better things to say, honestly.

message 13: by Diabolical Daemonic , Puraido (new)

Tuathal watched with a dull interest as the slight boy moved to defend the blonde, and he felt his respect rise for the boy. Not many could summon the courage to care in these times.

message 14: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments ((hey guys... how can i jump into this one?))

message 15: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments ((lol, um, I'm not quite sure, give me a minute to think of something okay?))

Akira's jaw literally dropped. He glanced back over to the weird man to make sure he was still there, before glancing back to the blonde. He did not look like the fighting type, and Akira had been surprised to see him even in the city. But, if Blondie could do anything, apparently it was fight.

And to think he'd planned on risking what was left of his dull attractiveness by rescuing this boy. He should have just stayed with his meal ticket, really.

"So that's your thing?" Akira said to Blondie. "Picking fights?" Sure, he seemed to handle himself well, but picking fights was picking fights all the same. And the last thing this city needed was another wise guy who liked to fight.

message 16: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments ((k thanks!!))

message 17: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments ((baha, that's ok :)))

Akira decided to retract his previous thoughts. Even if he was able to fight, that still said nothing for Blondie's intelligence.

"Usually it's not exactly code of conduct here to waltz right up to a bunch of trouble makers and decide it's the best thing to provoke them."

Akira really needed to get himself together. Things were good when he was gambling, but now he spent his time lecturing to idiotic foreigners? What happened?

message 18: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments ((haha any ideas on how i can jump in yet? lol))

message 19: by Diabolical Daemonic , Puraido (new)

((Which character do you want in?))

message 20: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments ((ummm... either one... I like sami more, but i can put both in))

message 21: by John (last edited Oct 29, 2011 07:19PM) (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Momo wrote: "((haha any ideas on how i can jump in yet? lol))"

((Um, your character can a) know the guys that Shun just pwned and not be all happy with them getting beat up so easily, b) seriously hate the idea of (what it appears to be) wise guys picking fights? If you probably told me your character I'd be able to think of better things. All in all it doesn't really matter to me how you come in XD))

message 22: by Diabolical Daemonic , Puraido (new)

((Hmm, well, I got no idea, but there is a travelling circus behind the lot of them, if that helps any >.< ))

message 23: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments ((Travelling circus! They could be with/watching the travelling circus and be annoyed by the disturbance! Perhaps?))

message 24: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments ((Can i use the same character in different roleplay threads?))

message 25: by Diabolical Daemonic , Puraido (new)

((Yeah, as long as you don't do it in too many, to avoid confusion...))

message 26: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments ((ok, and can gula be a girl? most of the sins are boys))

message 27: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments Sami was walking around, looking for another living creature. She had been alone for too long, and had gone 2 days without food or water. She was ready to collapse.

message 28: by Diabolical Daemonic , Puraido (new)

Watching as the two boys conversed, the young man decided to fill the cavernous boredom of waiting patiently with the gentle scrape of a whetstone, honing the once dull, rusted blade to perfection once more, smoothing away the last of the faults on it.

message 29: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Akira recognized the language, it was surely Japanese. Albeit the dialect was a bit weird he still managed to piece together what Blondie was trying to say.

Huh. So he couldn't speak English, after all. Well.

Akira sucked in a deep breath and tried to remember the language the best he could. He could do this. "Desukara, g-gaikoku-jindesu. Izu..-izure ni seyo, anata ga omotte iru yō ni, shika shi, kihon-tekina eigo o manabu ni wa amarini mo orokada toyuu riyū dake de, koko no mawari ni toraburu...o makiokosu koto wa arimasen."

((Translation: So you are a foreigner. Whatever the case, do what you want, but don't stir up trouble around here just because you're too stupid to learn basic English.))

Sure, it was probably broken. Sure, it was probably half wrong, but he just hoped it got his message across.

Akira spun on his heels and stalked away from Blondie.

message 30: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments Sami saw someone walking and went over to him (Akira). She could barely walk straight.

message 31: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Akira blinked at the girl who practically limped over to him. She looked worse than he did, which was not a good thing. Her eyesight must not have been that great, either. She was clearly begging a begger. "Yes?" he said lightly. Well, if worst came to worst he could at least direct her to a place where she could get fresh water...she looked terribly dehydrated.

message 32: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments Sami stared at him, her eyelids drooping over her purple eyes. "H-Help..." She managed before she fell forward into him, unconscious.

message 33: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Demonic wrote: "Watching as the two boys conversed, the young man decided to fill the cavernous boredom of waiting patiently with the gentle scrape of a whetstone, honing the once dull, rusted blade to perfection ..."

Akira quickly glanced over to the man who was still waiting on him, surprised, in fact, that he was still even there. Surely, he knew that there were much better boys, much fitter and taller and less starving boys who could help him? Surely he couldn't have actually been waiting on Akira, waiting even though Akira had walked away so suddenly?

What was the world becoming?

message 34: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 497 comments ((Wait is sami in two places at once?))

message 35: by Diabolical Daemonic , Puraido (new)

((Well, after you guy's confrontation, she'll have to end up somewhere, so it seemed like a good place to bring her in -shrugs-))

message 36: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Momo wrote: "Sami stared at him, her eyelids drooping over her purple eyes. "H-Help..." She managed before she fell forward into him, unconscious."

Akira had seen a lot of things during his life time, but a girl had never literally collapsed into him before. She almost knocked them both over, which made Akira feel a flush of shame at his own weakness, and he couldn't just set her down in the coarse sand and leave her there. So he awkwardly dragged her towards the man, and lay her down next to the side of the tent to try and revive her. He wasn't quite sure what expression the man was looking at him with, he hadn't yet glanced up to see, but considering the fact that he was now dragging around dying girls it was probably not a positive one.

message 37: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments ((ya that wasnt much fun... two on one isnt very fair especially when one is a sin lol))

Sami opened her eyes slightly and stared up at the man she was with. "S-Sorry." She breathed, barely able to talk.

message 38: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Akira forced what was probably not too nice of a smile. "That's fine. I doubt you could help it."

He quickly looked back up to Blondie, who was watching him this time. Blondie looked mildly annoyed, and Akira just thought to himself good.

message 39: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments Sami smiled a little. "No... it's my fault. I shouldn't have... run away... I'm sorry to be a burden. Just leave me... trust me I'm not worth it..." She closed her eyes, obviously in pain but too tired to care.

message 40: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Akira was a lot of things, a lot of things, but he wasn't cruel. Well, he wasn't terribly cruel, anyway.

"If you want me to leave you, I will. But don't be a martyr about it. I could care less whether you live or die, it's up to you to convince me of your worth in this world. You can't be so uncaring and expect other people to..."

He stared at the girl's closed eyelids. Was she even listening to him rant?

"What's your name?" he finally asked, deciding that if he let her fall asleep she would probably never wake up.

message 41: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments Sami opened her eyes a little. "I'm Sami. And I'm not trying to be a martyr. I'm trying to get out of this mess alive." She smiled a little. "What's your name?"

message 42: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments "Akira." He realized two things at that moment.

1. He didn't have any water.

2. This Sami needed water. And she needed it very, very badly.

"Uhm...I don't really have anything..." he was embarrassed to admit it, but it needed to be gotten out of the way.

message 43: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments Sami smiled. "It's fine... I can manage." She sat up slowly, testing her strength.

message 44: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments "Are you crazy? You can't just manage without food and water for days!" He didn't quite know why he cared, but it was probably partly because he felt her blood would be on his hands if she died now.

message 45: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments Sami smirked and stared at him with her knowing, purple eyes. "Yes I can." She stood up, feeling sore everywhere, but she moved anyways. "Thanks for the help."

message 46: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments He stared back, blinking furiously. First blondie, next this girl, who was one moment collapsing into him and asking for food and water and was now just walking away.

What?

Wait, what? "Don't you want directions or anything?"

message 47: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments She turned and smiled at him. "I think I'll be fine... You might want to deal with the guy hiding over there." She pointed towards Shun. "I don't have the strength. Good bye."

message 48: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 223 comments Akira glanced back up and Blondie. He was still there? He was still staring? Okay, this was getting a little disturbing...even if Blondie was slightly cute. But, to match out that slight cuteness was his intelligence level. Perhaps Akira couldn't fault him for that, since he now knew Blondie couldn't really understand English. Oh, well.

message 49: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments ((is blondie shun?))

message 50: by KKKKKKkkkkkkk (new)

KKKKKKkkkkkkk (momomonkey96) | 396 comments ((and akira thinks blondie is cute.... so are they interested in girls or boys?))

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.