Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

General > Modern Library Top 100 Books Club

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I've been looking for a book club in my area. I've even thought of starting one myself, but unfortunately, none of my friends read the way I do. You know, just for the fun of it. Anyway, during my search, I came across Barnes and Noble's "Modern Library Top 100 Books Club." I was wondering if Barnes and Noble offers this particular club just in my area, or at stores in multiple locations. If so, has anyone participated in this book club in their area? It's looks as if they meet every other week. The next book is Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, so I'm pretty excited to go, because as much as I enjoy GR, I still want to communicate with people face to face to discuss a book every once in a while.

message 2: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1866 comments Mod
Michelle, you probably have if its possible, but just be be sure, have you looked at your public library to see if they have any book clubs?

message 3: by Joy Marie (new)

Joy Marie You can also find book clubs that meet in you local area on www.meetup.com. It is also a great site to start your own book club if you are looking to meet new people who are avid readers.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments Thanks for the suggestion guys. I looked into my library and didn't really find anything online. I'm going in person for a booksale this week, and will take a look at the bulletin board. Then I checked out meetup.com, and came across a few clubs in my area that have quite a few people, but I came across so many other meet ups that I'd like to participate in- that site is great!!