Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Fahrenheit 451
This topic is about Fahrenheit 451
Fahrenheit 451

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Gilmore Has anyone read this one? I was looking for a local book club in my area and came across Barnes and Noble's Top 100 Book Club. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury is the book that's being discussed this week. From the description, it looks like a dystopian classic. I'm excited to check this one out!!

message 2: by Carolyn F. (new) - added it

Carolyn F. | 334 comments I read it and watched the movie (I think made in the 1960's). It's so sad what his world has come to. The memorizing, unbelievable.

message 3: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Gilmore Carolyn F. wrote: "I read it and watched the movie (I think made in the 1960's). It's so sad what his world has come to. The memorizing, unbelievable."

My plan was to pick a copy on my way home from work today. But thanks to the snowstorm, I came straight home. Then, I was going to get it for my nook, but it costs $6 more than the pb at Target.

message 4: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Gilmore So, my new plan is to grab a copy on my way home from work tomorrow. Read it, and get some discussion questions together in time for Wednesday's bookclub. I like to think that it'll be so interesting that I can read it one sitting.

Nathalia (nenssa) | 2 comments I'm a big fan of Ray Bradbury, however i'll have to admit that I found Fahrenheit 451 to be a tad dry at times. I believe that the meaning behind the piece would've been better suited for a short story rather than a full piece. If you're going to read a novel by Ray Bradbury, then I highly suggest:

The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury

You can read a little snippet of the novel here. :]

Jacqueline J | 154 comments I read this years ago as assigned reading in High School English. I do remember liking it.

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new) - added it

Carolyn F. | 334 comments Nathalia wrote: "I'm a big fan of Ray Bradbury, however i'll have to admit that I found Fahrenheit 451 to be a tad dry at times. I believe that the meaning behind the piece would've been better suited for a short s..."

I loved the Martian Chronicles, pretty depressing but good.

message 8: by AnnaM (last edited Nov 24, 2011 07:01AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments I read it in high school. It was required. Then I saw the movie. I liked it but it was sad.

Read The Martian Chronicles when I was nine or ten and really enjoyed it. It kicked off a Bradbury reading spree in which I went through most of his stories. Then I saw the movie too.

I remember liking all of his stories, though I haven't read any in a decade or two.