SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Series and Authors We ❤ > Charley Davidson / Darynda Jones

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Dec 02, 2017 11:20AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Charley Davidson by Darynda Jones

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones For I Have Sinned (Charley Davidson, #1.5) by Darynda Jones Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) by Darynda Jones Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3) by Darynda Jones Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5) by Darynda Jones Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6) by Darynda Jones Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7) by Darynda Jones Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8) by Darynda Jones The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9) by Darynda Jones The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #10) by Darynda Jones Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11) by Darynda Jones The Trouble with Twelfth Grave (Charley Davidson, #12) by Darynda Jones

Untitled ~ Series finale due out 30 Oct 2018

Synopsis of book #1: First Grave on the Right
A smashing, award-winning debut novel that introduces Charley Davidson: part-time private investigator and full-time Grim Reaper

Charley sees dead people. That’s right, she sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to “go into the light.” But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life...and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely.

This is a thrilling debut novel from an exciting newcomer to the world of paranormal romantic suspense.

message 2: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Charley's best friend, Cookie, is a hoot! And, who doesn't love (or wanna be loved by) Reyes?! >;)

message 3: by Purple (new)

Purple (purpletan) | 55 comments I have just finished this series. Had me rolling on the bed laughing my heart out. :)

message 4: by Michelle (last edited Oct 29, 2011 09:24AM) (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments I love this series, it's a new fave! I gave in and ordered them from the US (paying through the nose) after getting to know Darynda a bit better. I wasn't disappointed! First Grave is out here next month, glad I didn't wait! :)

message 5: by Ayesha (last edited Oct 29, 2011 09:35AM) (new)

Ayesha (3livelaughlovelearn3) | 2 comments Was so busy over the last few days that I could only read First Grave in page-long sections.... finally Friday night though, so I read it - all the way through. So-o funny! But I think what I loved about it most, and I mentioned this in my review, too, is that the romance and the mystery both get equal time, and Charley's awesomeness doesn't diminish into "OMG I'm In Love!" just cause Reyes is in the scene. That being said, Steph, I totally agree - don't care who Reyes is, I wants him! <3

Second Grave has already been requested!

message 6: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 2752 comments I hated the end of Second Grave so I'm not sure I'm continuing the series...

message 7: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Welcome to the group, Ayesha! :D
Glad ya'll are enjoying it. She is a hoot!

I bet Darynda must be a fun person, Michelle. At least, I always think that of an author when their writing is so funny.

Yeah, my jaw hit the floor hard at the end of Second Grave, DG. So, I can understand your hesitancy. But, I'm hopeful (view spoiler)

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Steph wrote: "Welcome to the group, Ayesha! :D
Glad ya'll are enjoying it. She is a hoot!

I bet Darynda must be a fun person, Michelle. At least, I always think that of an author when their writing is so fu..."

She is Steph, I see a lot of her in Charley. She has ADD too. Have faith about the end! The rights have been picked up to turn it into a TV show, hopefully something comes of it!

message 9: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha (3livelaughlovelearn3) | 2 comments So excited - just picked up Second Grave on the Right from the library! ;)
Let's be honest, here.... Uncle Bob is the best :P

message 10: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments TV show!?! Cool! But, they have to do a very good job w/casting for it to be anywhere near as good as the books, IMO.

Yay, Ayesha! Enjoy! The end was a bit of a shock. I like Uncle Bob as well.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Steph wrote: "TV show!?! Cool! But, they have to do a very good job w/casting for it to be anywhere near as good as the books, IMO.

Yay, Ayesha! Enjoy! The end was a bit of a shock. I like Uncle Bob as well."

I know! The Hollows series is being made first though. I'm hopeful? CW are doing it :)

message 12: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments 'The Hollows' as in Kim Harrison's series or Amanda Hocking's?

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Steph wrote: "'The Hollows' as in Kim Harrison's series or Amanda Hocking's?"

Kim Harrison's.

message 14: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Sorry, Michelle, just now seeing your reply. Wow! Kim's series will be a TV show?! Gotta know who's been picked to play ... well, everyone! LOL!

message 15: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Darynda has new websites up for Charley and Reyes. She's also writing a new YA series called Darklight. The first book will be out in April 2012.

Charley's site: Davidson Investigations
Reyes' site: Reyes Farrow Uncensored
Darklight site (First book: Death and the Girl Next Door)

message 16: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1732 comments Read the first book of the series and loved it! Reminded me of Kate Daniels.

message 17: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments I loved it too, Anamander. This one is bit more on the humorous side, IMO. But, a fun read like KD.

message 18: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1732 comments Too bad I didn't fall for the male lead like I did for Curran. Does he get better and more delicious?

message 19: by Angela (new)

Angela (ams71) Purple wrote: "I have just finished this series. Had me rolling on the bed laughing my heart out. :)"

I definitely found myself laughing out loud. I would not recommend anyone read any installment in a public place!

message 20: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Anamander, I really like Reyes - from the start, actually, so I'm probably not the best person to answer your question. However, it is hard for any male to compete with Curran. ;)

Welcome to the group, Angela! I agree! It's a hoot. I know I snort, snicker and LOL throughout each book. :D

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Steph wrote: "Anamander, I really like Reyes - from the start, actually, so I'm probably not the best person to answer your question. However, it is hard for any male to compete with Curran. ;)

Welcome to the ..."

Charley is on twitter too! D's been a busy girl :)

message 22: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda | 2 comments I loved this series so far and am really looking forward to #3.

message 23: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1732 comments You're right, Steph. I'll give the boy a chance lol

message 24: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments :D

message 25: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Rhonda wrote: "I loved this series so far and am really looking forward to #3."

Me too!

message 26: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Take the quiz ... What Would Charley Do? :)

message 27: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Oct 31, 2016 09:21AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments PS: Darynda will be appearing at KMM's event

Event news: Feversong book launch In New Orleans.
FEVERSONG BOOK LAUNCH PARTY
JANUARY 12-16, 2017 NOLA
HOTEL MONTELEONE, NEW ORLEANS

With Special Guests:
Kresley Coles
Eric Etebari
Darynda Jones
Dianna Love
Alexandra Machinist/ICM Partners
Shauna Summer/Random House
Gena Showalter

Add'l info: http://karenmoning.com/events/feverso...

message 28: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 39 comments Love this series!! Book 7 next for me

message 29: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments I love it too, Cassie Cruel, it's one of my favorites. Enjoy Seventh Grave!

message 30: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3543 comments My FB feed has a posting by Darynda Jones that sez Summoned to Thirteenth Grave is available on NetGalley?? I'm clueless about NetGalley, does that mean it has an earlier release than Jan or is it just avail there too?? Curious...

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 1310 comments Lis wrote: "My FB feed has a posting by Darynda Jones that sez Summoned to Thirteenth Grave is available on NetGalley?? I'm clueless about NetGalley, does that mean it has an earlier release th..."

NetGalley is a source for advanced reader copies (e-book) for book reviews. One can request, but doesn't mean will get approved.

message 32: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3543 comments Got it thx.

message 33: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3543 comments So Darynda Jones FB site just posted...

“Osh and Beep??? Hmmmm... Stay tuned for news of their story!”

I AM SCREAMIN!!! (On the inside because I’m at work.... but I had to share with someone that might care...)

message 34: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments *squeeeee* woohoo! Thanks for the update, Lis! 😁

message 35: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3543 comments You have to go to the posting. There’s a great picture to go with it.

message 36: by Lis (last edited Feb 01, 2019 04:57PM) (new)

message 37: by Trinitysrain (new)

Trinitysrain | 1 comments Omg love the Beep/Osh pic!❤️

message 38: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Love it!

message 39: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3543 comments Osh and Beep

message 40: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3543 comments Fan girling over DJ's A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1) by Darynda Jones ! Thought it was awesome - more crime/mystery than PNR or UF. Worth a read!!

Also found that she has a new series The Monster (The NeverNeath, #1) by Darynda Jones that is free and she is releasing a chapter at a time on her website...

https://theneverneath.com/2018/02/02/...
https://theneverneath.com/2018/10/30/...
https://theneverneath.com/2019/07/12/...
https://theneverneath.com/2019/07/12/...

message 41: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Apr 30, 2020 12:55PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Thanks! I've got that one TBR b/c I love her Charley Davidson series. I've been saving those pieces parts and will read at the end.

Forgot to say you can get the second Neverneath story A Lovely Drop A Story of the NeverNeath by Darynda Jones here: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/j138p67e2v