Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Ereaders-Nook vs. Kindle

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3781 comments Mod
Okay when I buy either a nook or kindle I want to buy on Amazon.... So if I buy a nook can I still buy from Amazon even when it says for kindle version? Help please I'm trying to buy one this Thursday so I need to decide soon!

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Johnson (mrsjohnson82512) I'm not too sure. You would probably have to talk to Amazon help. The nook doesn't support the same formats as a Kindle. I don't think you would be able to buy anything for a nook on Amazon. You could wait a couple more weeks and pre-order the Kindle Fire that comes out on Nov. 15. :-) It's exactly the same as a nook and Amazon has their own store.

message 3: by Tanecia (new)

Thanks! i just looked at the kindle fire and it looks awesome! ill just have to wait 4 more weeks ugggh! i need one now so i wont have to carry around so many books. And there are a lot of books that are only for e-readers and i hear there so good! soo yeah thanks a lot Jessica!!

message 4: by Kimi (new)

Kimi (kimisokool) | 15 comments I can't wait for you to get the Kindle Fire TT... I have a regular kindle but I love it regardless! =)

message 5: by Tanecia (new)

me either! at first i was against getting a kindle because i do like reading from real books but there are a lot of books that are on the internet so i dont want to be left out! lol but yeah i cant wait...and the wait is too long!

message 6: by Kimi (new)

Kimi (kimisokool) | 15 comments I know! That's why I had to get mine in September... I didn't even know they were coming out with a new one till they announced it 2 weeks later. But it's okay. It woulda been too much to wait 2 months. I hate carrying like 5 books around at one time. I have 700+ books on my kindle now. =)

message 7: by Tanecia (new)

Okay guys I decided to go with the Kindle Touch. I bought my first e-reader/Kindle this Monday and I can say i absolutely love it! I learned how to download my books yesterday and I uploaded 38 books so far :) I also found out that it has text-to-speech which I was totally excited about!! I love this thing!! Maybe it will help me read some of my review books faster lol... I'm so excited its awesome!

message 8: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 12464 comments Mod
Right now I read ebooks off of my iPod using the Kindle app, which works well, but I'm getting a Kindle for Christmas :) I'm going with the Kindle Touch, too. I can't wait!!

message 9: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 949 comments Have you guys looked at the kindle fire? It's pretty awesome! I think I'm going for that one!

message 10: by Tanecia (new)

Sheri wrote: "Right now I read ebooks off of my iPod using the Kindle app, which works well, but I'm getting a Kindle for Christmas :) I'm going with the Kindle Touch, too. I can't wait!!"
You'll love it if your just using it to read and buy books :-) the kindle fire is pretty awesome too the colors are vibrant and its fast but the only thing is that it does have glare. So if you can surpass that than I would go with that one but I love my touch! I played with both the fire and touch for an hour and decided on the touch so I suggest you go to the store and play with both and choose from their :)

message 11: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 12464 comments Mod
So I've been using my Kindle touch for about a week now, and I absolutely LOVE it!! I had tried the Kindle with buttons first, and it was good too, but the touch rocks!!