The Sword and Laser discussion

Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1)
This topic is about Ready Player One
2011 Reads > RPO: Wil Wheaton

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

John Walker (jwalker262) | 9 comments I listened to this one, and also Fuzzy Nation, on Audible and I have to say that Wil is one hell of a good audiobook reader, especially for this kind of story. The slightly snarky tone that both of these books have was well served by his delivery. Has he done any other audiobooks worth checking out?

Poly (xenphilos) A couple of them it looks like, a bunch from John Scalzi. Boneshaker, Agent to the Stars, The Android's Dream, and he even took part in a dramatization of The War of the Worlds with Leonard Nimoy. He also narrated his own book, Just a Geek.

message 3: by Derek (new)

Derek Knox (snokat) | 274 comments I enjoyed the one he did this month, Peter and Max.

Gordon McLeod (mcleodg) | 347 comments It's not a whole audiobook by Wheaton, but he did narrate one of the stories in Metatropolis: Cascadia, which I enjoyed thoroughly. If you're a Trek fan in general you'll be pleased with it, as most of the stories in the book book are narrated by Trek veterans.

Eric (ericbooth) | 24 comments Yeah. Wil really nailed the reading. Loving it.

A.J. (ajbobo) | 72 comments I thought that Wil was fantastic, most of the time. There were a few spots where I would have read it differently in my head, but I think that's always the case with an audiobook. I think they were times when he tried to make mundane things too dramatic. On the other hand, there were far more times where he NAILED it. The delivery of some passage or other was even better than I would have done in my head. All-in-all, I'm very happy that I listened to it, and I'd recommend it to just about anyone.

message 7: by Paul (last edited Nov 03, 2011 08:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paul | 13 comments I thought it was hilarious that when he read parts of the book that referenced himself. Meta!

message 8: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe Waddington (soulryder) | 1 comments He read the audio version of Redshirts also. This had me giggling because the book is about an Enterprise type crew...

Matthew (masupert) | 215 comments I have to agree. On the whole i am not really enjoying this book, but Wil Wheaton was the perfect narrator for this story.

Christopher Johnson | 15 comments He narrated Ready Player One. I loved it when the book actually references Wil Wheton and he has to call himself a Geezer.