The Zombie Group! discussion

Brains

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marcus (new)

Marcus Blakeston | 10 comments Why would they eat brains? Unless they're going to suck them out through your nose or something, that would be the hardest part to get at because it's (mostly) encased in solid bone. It never made any sense to me.

message 2: by David (new)

David (davidmoody) | 25 comments Mod
I feel the same, Marcus. That's one of the reasons why my zombies (in my Autumn books) don't eat anything!

message 3: by Steven (new)

Steven Schlozman | 7 comments They don't eat brains, or at least not only brains. Just don't make no sense (as they'd say in True Grit) for them to show that kind of preferential palate. But, remember that the whole "braaaains" thing came along with Return of the Night of the Living Dead.". It's all fiction so we can have them do whatever they want, but the whole brain eating thing never made sense to me as a plot device...the more specific they got about what they want, the scary they become.

message 4: by Marcus (new)

Marcus Blakeston | 10 comments David wrote: "I feel the same, Marcus. That's one of the reasons why my zombies (in my Autumn books) don't eat anything!"

Yeah but they're not proper zombies :)

They would have to eat something, otherwise it would all be over in a couple of weeks. They would just eat something that was easier to get to.

message 5: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Not necessarily. If they need to eat to continue to exist, then they would also need digestion/circulation to get the energy to their cells. If we accept some unexplained animating principle, insisting on the need for them to eat is no different than insisting on their need to breath, have a beating heart, have intact organs etc.