Visual Marketing for Small Business discussion

Visual Marketing: 99 Proven Ways for Small Businesses to Market with Images and Design
This topic is about Visual Marketing
Small Business Design > Is quality design affordable for small businesses?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anita Campbell (anita_campbell) | 2 comments Mod
I've heard from a lot of small business owners who feel good design is out of their budget. On the other side, a lot of smaller designers say it's absolutely affordable. What do you think?

message 2: by James (new)

James Oh | 1 comments It is very subjective to the owner. What is more important to me is what value he can obtain out from the good design. Is the value outweight its costs, then the owner will go for it in the logical sense.

message 3: by Dennis (new) - added it

Dennis Staples (dxstapl) | 1 comments I get the most pleasure working with small business owners who understand their market and business,these type of clients usually have no problem with the money they spend to brand their business.On the other hand you have business owners who will nickle and dime you over every project because they're "shrewd" business people,
I try to avoid these people!

message 4: by Vedran (new)

Vedran Tomic (Vedo) | 1 comments It definitely depends - small business owners already wear too many hats and if they want to hire a professional designer, it will cost them money.

It's hard to make money in this economy, and the truth it, a lot of small business owners are struggling.

However, I'd say that there are plenty of good designers whose services are affordable. Shopping around is the key!

Ivana Taylor (ivanastaylor) | 1 comments There are so many wonderful and creative design options that small business owners can do on a budget. The key is to be really clear on what your brand is. Sometimes I think bad design or dissatisfaction with design really comes from not having a clear marketing or positioning message. When that message is clear - you really get the most for your money

Anita Campbell (anita_campbell) | 2 comments Mod
I agree with Ivana. It doesn't have to be expensive, if you work with the right designer, and choose a few key pieces (business cards).