The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Chat > November - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana (erato) What are your reading goals this month? What has caught your interest? Share them and chat about them here!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments My reading goals for November is try and get through a good chunk of my library books as I can. I've got too many checked out right now...

message 3: by Dana (new)

Dana (erato) You and I both Talia. Only you are much more ambitious than I when it comes to reading ANd writing. :) If I get 5 books read while doing NaNo and taking care of the holidays, I will feel like a reading Gladiator!

message 4: by Dana (new)

Dana (erato) Best of luck to you as well. ;)

message 5: by Zakiya (last edited Nov 19, 2011 10:06PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) My October goal of 6 books is now officially successful. Same basic goals for Nov. 6 books, 2500 pages. Past that will be ahmazing :)

Books I Plan to Read:
~ Dael and the Painted People 6/11/2011
~ Double Helix 6/11/2011
~Eragon
~ Vampire Academy 13/11/2011
~Frostbite
~Shadow Kiss
~Blood Promise
~My Sparkling Misfortune
~Dreamwalk
~Master of the Game
~Emma
~Persuasion
~The Lake OR Reborn OR The Power of Six
~Wintergirls
~New England Witch Chronicles
~ Crossed 8/11/2011
~Stolen
~ Cloaked 19/11/2011

message 6: by Dana (new)

Dana (erato) That is one of my things to keep up with in November...the Inheritance series. I really like them and have listened to them all so far as audiobooks which I am quite glad I did. It was fun and everything is pronounced for you that way. :)

The final one in the series comes out on Nov 8th

Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paolini ...yeah!

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yeah, I envy people w/the audiobooks of those.. Maybe my 'brary has them. Will have to look. Glad you like the series! They are one of my favorites.

message 9: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Nov 27, 2011 09:36AM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) The library has it out for me I think! I had a bunch of books I had been on waiting list for and they all came at the same time! I have 15 books checked out and only half of them fit into this months challenges! I usually only read 10-11 books a month. I have a feeling some of these will go back to the library unread.

Bitten
Wolf at the Door
Second Grave on the Left
Adventures of an Ice Princess
Alterant
Born of Shadows

At Grave's End
Moon Called
Dead Iron
The Sookie Stackhouse Companion

Jacob
The Iron Witch
Unearthly
Romeo, Romeo
Changeless

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "The library has it out for me I think! I had a bunch of books I had been on waiting list for and they all came at the same time! I have 15 books checked out and only half of them fit into this mont..."

Don't feel bad I have at least 25 books checked out from my library at the moment with at least 10-12 holds at the moment.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Finished Fury (The Fury Trilogy #1) by Elizabeth Miles this morning which wasn't as bad as some people were already saying about this book.

Going to start The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin in a little bit.

message 12: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 3560 comments Mod
I have no clue what i'm going to be reading

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "I have no clue what i'm going to be reading"

It's easy what to read next for me. The books that are due back first, can't renew them because other people have holds on it, or they are overdue and i can't renew it at my library.

message 14: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

I have so meny books from my library

message 15: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Finished The Goose Girl (The Books of Bayern, #1) by Shannon Hale .

I loved this fairy tale as a kid, this version was even better than the one I had as a kid.

message 17: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) so far have finished Dael and the Painted People (Book 3 in the Zan-Gah Series) by Allan Richard Shickman , Double Helix by Nancy Werlin , and Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie

message 18: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

I finished this month so far
The Devouring (The Devouring, #1) by Simon Holt 13 to Life (13 to Life #1) by Shannon Delany

and now i'm going to be reading
Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2) by Shannon Delany Hearts at Stake (The Drake Chronicles, #1) by Alyxandra Harvey Bite Me! (Bite Me, #1) by Melissa Francis Reign or Shine (Demon Princess, #1) by Michelle Rowen

message 19: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Working on Alterant (Belador, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon , I think I am fighting off a cold. Every time I sit down to read I get sleepy. The story needs to pick up to keep me awake.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments halfway done with All These Things I've Done (Birthright, #1) by Gabrielle Zevin

message 21: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Finished Alterant, not worth reading until the next book comes out.... I hate cliffhangers. grrrrr.

I am flying to Kansas City for a friends wedding on Tuesday, I should have plenty of reading time in the airport... what to take with me...hmmm

message 22: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) finished Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead !

message 23: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Did you like VA Zakiya?

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Finished All These Things I've Done (Birthright, #1) by Gabrielle Zevin last night. I will hopefully have a review up on goodreads site and my blog tonight. Going to start After Obsession by Carrie Jones really soon.

message 25: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Did you like VA Zakiya?"

Loved it! I've read books 1-5 before, rereading so that I can finally reat Last Sacrifice. They're one of my favorite series :)

message 26: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Zakiya wrote: "❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ wrote: "Did you like VA Zakiya?"

Loved it! I've read books 1-5 before, rereading so that I can finally reat Last Sacrifice. They're one of my favorite series :)"

I still have to read Last Sacrifice too. So I might have to reread them again too

message 27: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yeah I haven't read the series since last August so I definitely need to refresh. Plus they're one of my fave series of all time, so I'd reread them anyhow.

message 28: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Yeah I havn't read the series in a long time

message 29: by Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (last edited Nov 20, 2011 07:35AM) (new)

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) Well - I mailed Terran One: Remember The Commandos to a friend without finishing it..... Just couldn't make myself read it. Didn't care for the style of writing and the book was SOOO long. SIGH...... I hate not finishing books, but just wasn't interested enough in this one to keep plugging along.

Reading Raphael now. Much better.....

November list:

Inescapable 11-1
Taken by Fire 11-3
Crossroads 11-5
Bad Taste in Boys 11-7
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer 11-9
Terran One: Remember The Commandos DNF
Black Heart Loa 11-11
Whisper of a Witch 11-15
The Zombie Autopsies: Secret Notebooks from the Apocalypse 11-17
Raphael 11-18
Vintage: A Ghost Story 11-20
Alien Penetration
Prophecy of the Sisters
99 Coffins: A Historical Vampire Tale
Vampire Zero: A Gruesome Vampire Tale

Inescapable by Saskia Walker Taken by Fire (ACRO, #6) by Sydney Croft Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2) by Moira Rogers Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride Black Heart Loa (Hoodoo, #2) by Adrian Phoenix Whisper of a Witch (The Savannah Coven #1) by Suza Kates The Zombie Autopsies Secret Notebooks from the Apocalypse by Steven C. Schlozman
Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Vintage A Ghost Story by Steve Berman

message 30: by Zakiya (last edited Nov 19, 2011 10:07PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) finished My Sparkling Misfortune by Laura Lond , loved it!!!! started back reading Cloaked by Alex Flinn after what seems like yrs haha. should be done with it before midnight. :)

message 31: by Zakiya (last edited Nov 28, 2011 03:12PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Here's a revised list of the books I want to finish this month:

7/13 completed

~ Dael and the Painted People 6/11/2011
~ Double Helix 6/11/2011
~ Vampire Academy 13/11/2011
~ My Sparkling Misfortune 18/11/2011
~ Crossed 8/11/2011
~ Cloaked 19/11/2011
~Eragon
~ Frostbite 23/11/2011
~Shadow Kiss
~Blood Promise
~Dreamwalk
~Emma
~Stolen

message 33: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

I'm reading If Walls Could Talk (A Haunted Home Renovation Mystery #1) by Juliet Blackwell A Veiled Deception (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #1) by Annette Blair Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie Fatal Fixer-Upper (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #1) by Jennie Bentley

message 35: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Still having a hard time finishing up my books this month

message 36: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) When is the December topic going to be up?

message 37: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Going to be up now :) I forgot

message 38: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I understand:) I do the same thing in my groups.