Short Story Contests discussion

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) These are stories that are ALWAYS less than 75 words. Today's topic is: Fish. Very flexible in this. I mean, your story could be like a really short mystery about fish. Or someone could just say that its "fishy". REally, it can be anything

message 2: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) Ment was swimming around in a continuous circle when a human came up behind her. It poked her in the stomach harshly and Ment whipped around and shot daggers at the human. Though, the human wouldn't have had any idea that she was trying to stare her down.

message 3: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune Wanted: a piranha that does not bite. Must have blue tail fins, orange body and green tinted eyes. Also a gill piercing (preferable diamond) would be appreciated. If you have one for sale, please call: 777-766-8846. Thank You.

message 4: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) random!

message 5: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (arrogant_protector) Layna stared at the water. She was determined to prove her father wrong and catch a catfish. She wated for 4 hours. "Man, this is too hard. But I have too prove him wrong.". She tried using different bate, but all that did was make her fingers smell funky. She tried doing it a canoe, rather than a dock. All that did was get her trapped under a canoe. She settled on going to the local shop and bought a catfish. (This is over it, but only a little.)

message 6: by Catamorandi (last edited Oct 25, 2008 04:12PM) (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) There is something fishy here. I don't know what it is, but it is there. I am trying to figure it out. It smells kind of like a fish. Wouldn't you know that this would happen when company is here? What could it be? Oh my goodness! There is a dead fish in the punch.

message 7: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod
The fish leave from his bucket was going on in the stream. So I started in the stream of vision and visitation rights. Down-stream at first with my head fixed on my chest and curly and then dive back to see to the setting sun light. It was too cold and I went out of the stream. So I swam in my cloths and had lunch.

message 8: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) Fish.
They’re delicious.
Get ready, fishies.
I’m going fishing now.
I’m going to catch you.
Do I want to catch you?
I’ve had fish two days this week.
I wonder what’s for dinner tonight.
I hope it’s not fish.
Mom brings it out.
I patiently wait.
It isn’t!
Fish.

message 9: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Mark was doing a report on fishing when he noticed that the number of fish caught during the past week decreased hugely from the rest. He decided to go check it out. He went to a fishing reserve and tried fishing, but he didn't catch any fish. He jumped into the ocean and looked around. There were no fish in sight. Where had they all gone?

message 10: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune (Ok, I know that it's day 2, but I wanted toi post this yesterday, but I forgot [stupid me:])

"Look! Did you see that huge fish! It was just on that rock!" one voice said. The half woman half fish fumed. Why did everyone see her tail and immediately thinks she was a fish?! She finally decided to DO something about it. She swam up to where the voice had been from, and burst out of the water.

"I AM NOT A FISH!!!!" she screamed, and hence forth birthing the tales of mermaids.

message 11: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod
She rose to the zenith sky on large waves and docked at the beach. Breathing air into the lungs, she was on water, above a fish. He arrived in time to revive it. A mortal human, and she called in an alarm, "Away from me flee this area, because I'm a mermaid not be affected by a mere mortal!" The man pressing against salt shocked lips, thinking this is my mere fate.

message 12: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune awesome! Me and Arthur both like mermaids!! haha I love fantastical beasts...