Maximum Ride Extremes! discussion

Roleplay - Version 2.5 > The New Roleplay - Bronze Edition

Comments Showing 1-50 of 619 (619 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Ashley *Frostpool* Hidame | 3291 comments Mod
((Yeah...no idea why I called it 'Bronze Edition'. Anyways, just begin roleplaying here! Just a few quick pointers before you start - make sure you take a look at the rules first, and then to make sure when you are talking in OOC (out of character), you put double parenthesis around your words. Just like how I'm doing right now, see? Old members, if there's a newbie that's having a bit of difficulty, please don't hesitate to help! Okay, with that said, let's begin!))

message 2: by Sam (last edited Dec 13, 2011 05:55PM) (new)

Sam | 100 comments Jalen stood on a cliff outlooking a valley. His hands were shoved into the pockets of his jeans. The valley below was lush and green, filled with conifers and other flowering plants. The wind ruffled his black hair, buffeting his back. A smile crept across his face as it seemed he could hear the wind calling his name. Jalen, Jalen... it called. With the urge becoming too strong to resist, Jalen spread his wings. White wings came out, big and strong. The feathers ruffled with the wind, and the wings yearned to fly. Taking his hands out of his pockets, he took a running start and launched himself off of the cliff, the falling air ringing in his ears. With a powerful downstroke, Jalen stopped his fall and rose higher into the air, soaring above the land. Freedom.

message 3: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Russet brown hair whipped around in the wind, blowing into the face of a fourteen year old girl as she bent down, examining the ground. Gingerly, she touched the ground with her first two fingers, examining the tracks left by something that had been there before her. Despite the heavy wind tugging at her dirty clothes, the hot sun above beat down on her tanned skin, making her wipe the back of her neck. She sighed and stood up, narrowing her eyes to catch a better glimpse at the sky. "Jalen!" she called out as soon as she detected a small, dark figure swooping around in the clouds. After staring for a moment, she realized the sun was burning her light brown eyes and glanced back to the dirt-covered ground.

message 4: by Sam (last edited Oct 29, 2011 10:32PM) (new)

Sam | 100 comments Jalen stopped, looking down at the small figure. It was Fall, of course. He swooped down to meet her, but as soon as he was a few yards away, a large object tackled him in mid-air, pulling him down and clawing at him and his wings. Eraser. He could feel its smelly breath on his skin, and see the way the yellow eyes looked at him. A snarl resounded out of its throat, echoing in the valley. Blood seeped out of his wounds where the Eraser's claws snagged into his flesh. He refused to let out a cry of pain though, and gritted his teeth as he kicked the Eraser, hearing a thud as his sneakers made contact with the wolf-like creature's body. The Eraser was torn from him and hit the ground, hard, another thud sounding off. Jalen had dropped quite a few feet, and his feet were perhaps a meter from the ground. He could hear the snarls of other Erasers in the woods. "Fall!" he called out, dropping to the ground. He landed on his feet, letting out a small grunt.

message 5: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Fall dashed over to him, slightly shocked, though she didn't show it. Quickly, her eyes darted across his wounds. They seemed to be bleeding quite a bit, and she narrowed her eyes in thought. Where's the rest of the flock when we need them? the irritated thought popped up in her mind, but she shook her head. No time to complain. "Why don't you sit this one out, Jalen?" she glanced back at the woods. It only sounded as though there were two or three of them left. It shouldn't be too hard for her to take on. "Just try not to kill yourself, okay?" With that, she bolted towards the woods, her brown and cream-dappled wings already spread.

message 6: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) A dark shadow hit an eraser over the head with what looked like a hardcover book, and Draco looked up to see Fall and Jalen. He gave a small smile and sparks flew, hitting the five erasers that were trying to get him. He growled and punched one in the face, then kicked another in the side of the head.

message 7: by Sam (last edited Oct 29, 2011 10:50PM) (new)

Sam | 100 comments Jalen scoffed. "And let you have all the fun? I don't think so." He took off after her, pulling in his white wings so as not to slow down his acceleration. He skidded to a halt as he spotted an Eraser. "Come and get me." he taunted, making motion with his fingers. Growling, the Eraser launched itself at Jalen, but he was ready. He ducked and the Eraser went right over his head, then rolled back to its feet as it hit the ground on the other side. "Missing something?" he asked, grinning. Another snarl and the Eraser came at him again, this time in a postion to strike with its claws. Jalen flashed a grin at it, and light beamed out from his mouth, blinding the Eraser. Blinking its eyes to get rid of the spots in its vision, Jalen took this opportunity to strike, landing a punch right in the Eraser's face and finishing it with a roundhouse kick to the jaw before it finally ran off. He looked over his shoulder, spotting Draco. He gave a discreet nod in greeting before looking around for Fall.

message 8: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) Draco came up behind Jalen, "Where's Fall?" he asked quietly, seeming emotionless.

message 9: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Meanwhile, Fall ducked under an Eraser's swinging leg, grateful that she was small and agile, unlike him. When his back was to her, she grabbed on and locked her arms around his neck, starting to pull backwards. In a moment, she could hear the rather discomforting sounds of him choking, and then his lame cries for mercy. "Please, stop!" he begged. "I'll leave - I promise!" At that moment, Fall leaped back, and the Eraser immediately dashed off in the opposite direction. Is it just me, or are these Erasers purposely programmed to be weaker than the last batch...? She lifted a skeptical eyebrow as she watched the Eraser dart away with its tail practically between its legs. Suddenly, something hard hit her, knocking her to the ground, and she gritted her teeth when a large weight seemed to be forcing her to the forest floor. Shoot! It was only a distraction!

message 10: by Sam (last edited Oct 29, 2011 11:16PM) (new)

Sam | 100 comments Jalen turned and looked at Draco. He shrugged. "She should be nearby. Probably got herself in trouble." He searched the woods, then caught a sound in a direction. "That way. Fall may need our help." he directed, heading off in that direction at a run. The woods were too dense for him to fly through it without injuring himself or his wings.

message 11: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Fall delivered a sharp kick somewhere that Eraser did not want to be kicked, and seized the moment when he cringed. She scooted out from under him and delivered a sharp punch to his jaw, feeling a slight crack. Wincing, she stepped back, but the Eraser then jumped to his feet again. They stared at each other for a moment before the Eraser barreled at her, but she immediately scooted to the side before it reached her. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see two more pouring into the clearing and she grunted. Okay...this would be a nice time for the others to show up...

message 12: by Sam (last edited Oct 30, 2011 06:04AM) (new)

Sam | 100 comments Jalen jumped one of the Erasers cornering Fall from behind, pinning it to ground. It struggled under his grasp, eventually getting a paw out from underneath it and thrust itself upward, throwing Jalen off. "Someone's in a bad mood today." he commented, getting to his feet and barely missing a strike from the Eraser. He jumped to Fall's side. "Shall we teach them a lesson?"

message 13: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

"Yes, we shall," Fall almost grinned, but barely kept a straight face. She spread her wings to their full span - thirteen feet - just to add emphasis on her supposedly menacing appearance. Or something like that. She dashed forward at an Eraser and spun around at the last second, just as it tried to throw in a punch. She swung her leg under him, knocking his own feet out from under him. "The bigger they are, the harder they fall," she commented, and delivered a hard punch to his stomach. "But Fall ain't gonna fall anytime soon." She turned to examine how many Erasers were left, and was quickly relieved when she only counted two.

message 14: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments Jalen grinned and ran toward another Eraser- his third today- and kicked it in the chest, causing it to stumble backwards. He allowed it to come at him again and he gave it a hard punch to the face, blood pouring out of its nose. He shook his fist. "Ugh, Eraser blood." Droplets flew off his fist. "The blood of useless overgrown domestic dogs." Rage caused the Eraser to charge at him again. But Jalen had expected this and jumped to side, letting it go past, then shoving it from behind, causing it to go head first into the hard earth.

message 15: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

The last Eraser looked up, its piercing yellow eyes landing on Fall. She just stood there, eying it. Suddenly, the Eraser seemed to snap into position and ran towards her, tongue lolling out. Fall ran towards it as well, at top speed, and just when it seemed they would collide, Fall began to rise in the air, soaring just above the Eraser as it passed under her. It growled with frustration and desperately tried to stop, but he couldn't dig his feet into the ground quick enough, and ran straight into a tree. The loud smack could reach Fall's ears, even five feet up in the air, and she lowered her gaze. Already, the dead Eraser was surrounded by a pool of blood. "Well, I guess that takes care of that..." Fall landed beside Jalen, folding her wings in neatly.

message 16: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments "That was fun." Jalen commented, casually shoving his hands in his pockets, ignoring the stinging in his wounds. His eyes scoped the bloodied area. It had been a very productive day so far, hadn't it? "Not much of a challenge, but fun." He leaned up against the trunk of a tree. "The flock's going to be so disappointed they missed out."

message 17: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

"I know," Fall admired the beaten Erasers, and brushed her hands off. "Where are they, anyways?" she wondered aloud, then glanced back at the way they'd come. "I could've sworn I caught a glimpse of Draco before I chased them to this clearing." She cut herself off and examined Jalen a bit closer. Fall herself hadn't been too terribly wounded, besides maybe a few bruises that will be fun to live with the next few days, but Jalen had some legit gashes. "You sure you're okay?" She raised a quizzical eyebrow.

message 18: by Sam (last edited Oct 29, 2011 11:28PM) (new)

Sam | 100 comments "Draco was here, but he seems to have disappeared." Jalen shrugged, ignoring her other statements. "Lost him somewhere in the woods." Thinking, then he commented with a sly grin, "I guess the angel of darkness couldn't take all this." He pointed to himself, jokingly of course.

message 19: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Fall rolled her eyes, and gave him a shove. "Yeah, right. Next you'll be saying you can take on the entire School alone."

message 20: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments "Hey, hey, watch the battle scars!" Jalen said, laughing, regaining his balance. "And that's actually not a bad idea. Great idea Fall, when someday I want to die, I'll try that."

message 21: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

"Well, it's a good suicide method," Fall shrugged, her eyes shining in the afternoon sun. "And see, you admitted it. They hurt." She grinned. "Come on, let's go see if we can do anything about them."

message 22: by Sam (last edited Oct 30, 2011 06:08AM) (new)

Sam | 100 comments "I don't know what you're talking about." Jalen replied indignantly. "I don't feel pain," he pushed some of his hair out his eyes then put his hand back into his pocket, "and anyway, you got hurt yourself. Maybe we should do something about you instead."

message 23: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

"Nah, they're just bruises. Jalen, we all know you're not indestructible. It's okay." She placed a hand on his shoulder, then started pushing him out of the woods. "Come on, you're the one bleeding. Do you really want to be a liability?

message 24: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments "First off, it's not that bad." Jalen responded. "Second off, I'm only a liability if I'm near death. And am I near death? I think not." He didn't fight against her, rather let her lead him out of the woods, but he refused to be thought of as needing medical attention. That was simply not his style.

message 25: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

"Whatever, Skittles," Fall decided to revert to the nickname she'd given to him oh-so-long age when he'd first devloped his power to change colors. No doubt it had amused Fall, so she had to take advantage of it. Typical Fall.

message 26: by Sam (last edited Oct 29, 2011 11:52PM) (new)

Sam | 100 comments A flash of annoyance rushed through Jalen. He really didn't like that nickname, but he put up with it. He knew Fall wouldn't hear of his protests, instead she'd most likely continue using it with the intent of annoying him further. He knew her too well. "Well what now, great leader?" he replied, sarcasm ringing in his tone.

message 27: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Fall rolled her eyes and let go of him, taking the lead. "Well, we should rest up. Maybe we can find a motel in the nearby town?"

message 28: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments Jalen shrugged. "Why are you asking me? You're the leader, aren't you? Shouldn't you decide?" he replied, giving her an innocent look. Of course, he knew what he was dong. Jalen always knew what he was doing. He was giving her a hard time because he was older than her and he should probably be the leader, having more experience and all.

message 29: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Fall sighed, "You're still hung up about that, aren't you?" She paused, her back still to him. "Fine. We're going to a motel. Happy?" She continued walking a moment later, scanning the horizon for any sign of a faint glow, signaling civilization.

message 30: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments "No." he muttered. Jalen shook his head and followed, then he spread his wings, a few red streaks clearly evident on his wings and shot up into the air, having to work them harder than normal to get airborn because of the clawing from ealier. He actually thought the streaks gave his wings more... color. It was a nice touch, really. He looked around him, able to spot glow to the north of where they were. Coming back to the ground, he reported his finding the 'supreme ruler' of the flock.

message 31: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Fall came along beside him, and glanced at his wings. As soon as she spotted the red, she looked away again, shaking her head, but said nothing. "Alright, well, we're going to take the rest of the way by foot. A group of flying bird kids would be a bit suspicious." She tucked her wings in tightly against her back and covered them with a thin, leaf green sweatshirt, before heading towards the small town. She expected Jalen and Draco to follow, but didn't look back to check.

message 32: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments "No duh." Jalen replied, rolling his eyes. He pulled his wings in, pulling on a dark jacket. Then he followed Fall towards the glowing lights of civilation. He was fairly sure that Draco was behind them. Draco would be stupid not to, and that didn't seem like the quiet guy. But you never knew, really, did you? He followed Fall without a word, aware of he look that Fall had given him when he'd spread his wings.

message 33: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

After about a half hour, Fall finally started passing several houses lining the road, and eventually, crossed under the dim light of a streetlight. It was already twilight, and the first stars were beginning to twinkle above them. She lifted her forefinger to point to a tall sign across town, something any ordinary human wouldn't be able to read at that distance. "Motel 8. Aren't we lucky?" Since it was a rhetorical question, she didn't wait for a reply before heading down the street, her hands shoved in her sweatshirt pockets.

message 34: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments Jalen rolled his eyes, but followed her. "Is that where you've chosen for us to stay?" he asked. He wodered if they had any money left. Or if they had any money at all. That would be important.

message 35: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

"Better than anything else we'll find in this sort of town. And are you honestly complaining about a real bed rather than sleeping on the cold, hard ground?" Fall pointed out as she stepped up to the doors. Now...how do we actually con them?

message 36: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments "Who, me? Complain?" Jalen asked, fake hurt coloring his tone of voice. He would rather sleep in a bed, but just for the sake of bothering Fall, he didn't mind giving that impression. "Who do you think I am?"

message 37: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

"Hm...do you really want me to answer that?" Fall let a small smile through her barrier, and entered the motel. Okay, here goes winging it. Jalen, you'd better back me up on this.

message 38: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments Jalen followed her in, the hotel's inside not exactly up to date at all. But he supposed it was somewhere. Beggars can't be choosers, after all. He sure hoped Fall either had money or knew what she was doing. Knowing her, she had niether.

message 39: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Fall casually strolled up to the front desk and a short but pudgy lady looked up, lifting her eyes above her glasses. "Hi...do you have availability?"

((Wanna play the lady?))

message 40: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments ((Sure.))

You better know what you're doing, Fall. Jalen wanted to mentally shout at her. Unfortunately, he didn't have mind powers so he couldn't tell her how reckless she was being.

"Yes, we have vacancy." the lady replied. "But I'm afraid we don't give rooms to..." she paused, scoping them out. "minors."

message 41: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Fall blinked, then bit her lip. "We're coming to pick up the keys to the room our parents reserved earlier."

((Oops, sorry, gtg. See you later! >.<))

message 42: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments ((See ya!))

"What are their names?" the lady asked, grabbing her pen.

message 43: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) ((sorry I wasn't on sooner guys fell asleep XD))

Draco had looked at the list when he entered the woman's mind, then came up behind Fall and Jalen, "Victor and Melanie Wood, room 118."

message 44: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

((It's okay. XD))

Fall glanced over her shoulder at Draco, and felt a twinge of relief. At least he was helping.

message 45: by Sam (new)

Sam | 100 comments "Ah, yes. The Woods." She pulled out a key card and slid them across the desk to Fall. "Right that way." The lady pointed them in the right direction, then went back to her notes on the desk, scribbling something down.

message 46: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

"Thanks," Fall muttered, slipping the key into her pocket. Is she just stupid or did he get lucky? Fall couldn't help but wondering as she strode down the hall, careful to memorize every step she took in case they needed an easy escape route.

message 47: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) "No, I didn't just get lucky Fall, I saw through her eyes through telepathy," Draco muttered, taking one of the keys from the desk and walking past Fall and Jalen.

message 48: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

"Oh, right," Fall mumbled, then followed Draco, sighing. Must've been a bad day. We all seem to not be in the best mood. I guess rest is the best thing for us right now.

message 49: by Sam (last edited Oct 30, 2011 03:26PM) (new)

Sam | 100 comments Jalen followed the two, hands in his pockets. "There it is. Room... whatever it was. 118." He said, looking at the door then expectantly at his companions. They had the keys after all.

message 50: by Ashley *Frostpool*, "Tell me why they need somebody & we don't give a helping hand." (new)

Fall stepped forward and fiddled with the keys for a moment before unlocking the door. She swung it open and stepped in, admiring the rather small room with two beds.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13