Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Anyone like jigsaw puzzles? See world's hardest

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I've put together a few puzzles in my time and am in awe of folks who can tackle some of these -- do we have any puzzle players in the house? I have some good friends who love puzzles.

The World’s Hardest Jigsaw Puzzles | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-...

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments I enjoy puzzles and I saw the world's hardest. I don't think that's one I will try. My main problem with puzzles is finding an unused table that it can stay on while I do a little at a time. However it doesn't help when the two cats knock it off the table and destroy all the work. That's probably why I haven't started one in a while. :)

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments I like them, I just have to find time for them! lol

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, Laura, yes, to have the puzzle knocked off the table would be frustrating -- they are so much work.

And, Jennifer, those big ones would take lots and lots of time.

message 5: by Melody (last edited Oct 27, 2011 09:41PM) (new)

Melody | 2493 comments My Dad puts together a puzzle every year at Christmas time. He sets up card tables in the living room and works on them through the Christmas break. My bros will help him in their spare time. We buy him the hardest looking kinds we can as a challenge! I have zero patience for puzzles though! :)

message 6: by JanetTronstad (new)

How fun, Melody, that you can search out hard puzzles to try and stump him! He obviously likes a challenge.

message 7: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Oh he sure does, this past year we got him the Starry Night puzzle, that one was a major challenge! :)

message 8: by Barbara (last edited Oct 28, 2011 03:17AM) (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Laura wrote: "I enjoy puzzles and I saw the world's hardest. I don't think that's one I will try. My main problem with puzzles is finding an unused table that it can stay on while I do a little at a time. Howeve..."

I saw a hint once that you could buy an inexpensive stretched canvas at a craft supply store, turn it over on a table so that it has the ridge all around it, and do your puzzle inside that. Then when you are through for the day, just pick it up and slide it under a bed or something. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like a great idea.

message 9: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
I'm going to try to do a jigsaw puzzle with dh this winter. Trying to get away from just watching TV!

message 10: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments Until we had cats my husband and I had one going on the dining room table during the winter. The cats couldn't resist the pieces of the puzzle so we stopped.

message 11: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I have several neices that love the challenge of a puzzle, I have not done one in many years.

message 12: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments I need to get back my puzzles soon. I have four box of puzzles never open it. It's good time for cold days.

message 13: by JanetTronstad (new)

You know, it seems to me that a lot of people who like to read also like to do puzzles. Do others agree? I'm thinking maybe the quietness of it appeals.

message 14: by Joy (new)

Joy I guess I'm the odd gal out here. ;)

I haven't thought about jigsaw puzzles in a long time. I do like crossword puzzles but obviously there's no comparison there. lol

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Barbara wrote: I saw a hint once that you could buy an inexpensive stretched canvas at a craft supply store, turn it over on a table so that it has the ridge all around it, and do your puzzle inside that. Then when you are through for the day, just pick it up and slide it under a bed or something. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like a great idea. ..."

I might have to try that. It sounds like a good idea

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments The cats are definitely a problem! They managed to lose several pieces of a jigsaw puzzle years ago that I still haven't found. I think they're wedged under the baseboard. I finally broke down and got one of those felt pads that you can roll up when you're not working on the puzzle, but the pieces still get mixed up. Lately I've settled for putting a tablecloth over the puzzle. I like the idea of the stretched canvas, but putting it under the bed wouldn't solve anything, cat-wise.

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (welachild) | 66 comments Puzzles can be fun but looking at the worlds hardest puzzles made my head hurt! Give me a 300 piece please!!

message 18: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments I love puzzles but they look to hard. I have one thats all jellybeans and its really hard didn't get further than the border.

message 19: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mitzi_wanham) | 64 comments Mom and her siblings love to puzzle, and Mom usually has one going someplace in the house. Right now she is working on one she put together a few years ago, she wants to frame it...it's not that hard, but she lost the picture! i sometimes have to leave a puzzle for her, cause i just put in the pieces one after the other. don't do much of that though. i'd rather read.

message 20: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments I LOVE puzzles!!! I did one that was Mickey Mouse as the Sorceror from a distance but when you look close up, every single piece is a scene from a Disney movie! It was SOOOOOO hard! Took me forever, but I did it. One of the best feelings ever - finishing a puzzle : )

message 21: by JanetTronstad (new)

I think we all like a challenge -- and puzzles certainly provide that.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Christine wrote: "The cats are definitely a problem! They managed to lose several pieces of a jigsaw puzzle years ago that I still haven't found. I think they're wedged under the baseboard. I finally broke down a..."

I tried putting a blanket of the puzzle when I wasn't working on it. The cats would lay on it and everything was fine till one got spooked and sprang off the blanket causing the blanket and puzzle to hit the floor.

message 23: by JanetTronstad (new)

How about using something like a large pizza box (with the lid that flaps down)? Not sure if it would be big enough for large puzzles, but maybe medium-size ones??

message 24: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments I normally do the jigsaws in summer more light and while watching the Cricket on tv. even when we had a cat it seemed to leave the jigsaw alone.