Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Getting to Know You > What Book Genre Are You?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane  | 12949 comments According to this quiz:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz13/qui...

...I am a balance of Classic, Romance, and Fantasy with a splash of Horror...

What genre are you?

message 2: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 76 comments 40% Classic, 30% Romance, 10% Humor, 10% Fantasy, and %10 Horror.
To be honest, kind of surprising, I thought I'd be a bit more fantasy and not so much romance. :-)

message 3: by Connie (new)

Connie G (connie_g) | 860 comments 50% Classic, 40% Romance, and 10% Fantasy. I think the poll was right on--I would have been surprised if Horror showed up.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam (aramsamsam) 40% Fantasy, 30% Romance, 20% Classic, 10% Horror.

Only because I like a dark bedroom and didn't find a better answer to the "Whatr happens in your future"-question than the dragon thing, doesn't mean I am 40% fantasy, right? Only to let you know: I do NOT like romance at all and I very very VERY seldom read horror. I mostly do read classics mixed with a fantasy book now and then.
Could have been fun, but I think this test is way too short to say anything about me.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 437 comments 60% Classic
10% Humor
10% Fantasy
10% Horror
10% Romance

message 6: by Jane(Janelba) (new)

Jane(Janelba) (janelba) | 232 comments 60% Romance
20% Horror
10% Classic
10% Fantasy
0% Humor

Actually I don't like Horror and I love to read Humor and laugh with family and friends. I suppose the 60% Romance is true but I felt some of the questions were very difficult to choose an answer

message 7: by Kristina Marie (new)

Kristina Marie | 274 comments 60% Classic
20% Horror
10% Fantasy
10% Romance
0% Humor

message 8: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 135 comments 40% Classic
30% Romance
20% Fantasy
10% Horror
00% Humor

But I'm a big fantasy fan, I like humorous books, and I rarely read romance.

Still a fun quiz.

message 9: by Arda (new)

Arda (arda_nl) | 33 comments 40% romance
40% classic
10% humor
10% horror
0% fantasy

if these are the choices I think their about right... maybe I would switch the 10% horror for fantasy, because I don't like horror at all!

message 10: by Amy J. (new)

Amy J. | 15 comments 40% Romance
40% Fantasy
10% Classic
10% Humor
0% Horror

message 11: by LindaD (new)

LindaD (freedom333) | 223 comments 40% Classic
30% Romance
20% Fantasy
10% Horror
00% Humor

I like humorous books, just don't have any humor in me, right??? haha

message 12: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane  | 12949 comments Linda wrote: "40% Classic
30% Romance
20% Fantasy
10% Horror
00% Humor

I like humorous books, just don't have any humor in me, right??? haha"

Haha, apparently me neither...

Antje གརས པཅ Parker | 27 comments For 30 % you are: You are a CLASSIC. You are completely normal, and are definitely down to earth. You have plans for the future which generally involve a good education, and are unlikely to do something like run off and elope. You've probably got a lot of friends because people generally find you endearing.
% of Quiz participants had this profile!

You could also get this result:
For 20 % you are: You are HUMOR. You like to joke around with your friends, and you have a lot of friends. You like to be the center of attention, but everyone you know also wants you to be the center of attention because you're so darned funny, so that's alright. Everyone likes you for the most part, but you can sometimes come off as a bit cocky.

Or even this one:
For 20 % you are: You are FANTASY. You live in a dream world, and enjoy fairy tales, although you may not admit it. Your one wish would be something fantastic like to be able to do magic or fly. You want to believe in magic, even if you don't. You are constantly daydreaming, and are very creative.

Or even this one:
For 20 % you are: You are ROMANCE. You are romantic and like things to be beautiful and classy. You also prefer things formal, and enjoy relationships a lot.

Or even this one:
For 10 % you are: You are HORROR. You are constantly telling scary stories with which you are obsessed, and you think death is always just around the corner. You have a somewhat dark sense of humor, and are pretty much normal except for that.

message 14: by Debra (new)

Debra Brown (debrabrown) | 13 comments For 80 % you are: You are ROMANCE.
For 10 % you are: You are a CLASSIC.
For 10 % you are: You are FANTASY.

I tried to avoid fantasy, but the truth of it came out. I am a bit in the fantasy world. Pretty much the Jane Austen kind of fantasy, not with dragons.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) 40% Classic
40% Romance
20% Fantasy
0% Humor
0% Horror

message 16: by Dina (new)

Dina Goluza | 96 comments 50% Classic
20% Romance
20% Horror
10% Humor

message 17: by Tazitazitazi (new)

Tazitazitazi | 49 comments I prefer fantasy and SF, but I can read almost anything.

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber Berry | 4 comments diverse
DUMB quiz, what did it have to do with reading?
50% Classic

Where are the History, Travel, Arts, etc. sections?
and although I do read some of what is considered sci-fi or fantasy, I don't read Romance (20%!) Where is the category for Mysteries & Thrillers? I guess the quiz was too girly for me.

message 19: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Hager (cheryl_is_reading) 60% Classic, 20% Romance, 10% Fantasy, 10% Horror, 0% Humor

I do like reading the classics, but I am a much bigger fan of fantasy. The questions in the quiz were...a bit silly. I guess that's why I got 0% on humor...hehehehe

message 20: by Collene (new)

Collene | 1 comments I forgot already what most of it said.
40% Romance
20% Humor
20% Horror
10% Classic
10% Fantasy

message 21: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) 40% Romance
40% Classic
20% Humor

lol - I think that would sum up my reading choices pretty well actually!

message 22: by Jaasindah (new)

Jaasindah Mir (jassimir) | 1 comments 40% Chick-lit
20% Romance
20% Philosophy
10% Classic
10% YA

message 23: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Smith (writerchic86) | 18 comments 40% Fantasy
30% Classic
20% Horror
10% Romance

I mildly surprised by this. The Fantasy and Classic descriptions fit me to a "T". :D

message 24: by Marie-Anne (new)

Marie-Anne | 6 comments I did not like that quiz. There were NO questions with an answer that completely matched what I really liked.

message 25: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Mae | 9 comments 50% Classic
30% Romance
10% Humor
10% Fantasy

message 26: by Annika (new)

Annika M 40% romance
20% classic
20% humour
10% fantasy
10% horror

i guess i have to read more romance then while trying to avoid chick lit... unfortunately i like classic more...

message 27: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) | 101 comments I was pretty much boring, flat across the board. Lol!

message 28: by Lit Bug (new)

Lit Bug | 46 comments 40% Horror
20% Humor
20% Classic
20% Romance

Explains at least my reading preferences. :)

message 29: by LindaJ^ (new)

LindaJ^ (lindajs) There were no answers to any of the questions that fit me. I do like to go to nice restaurants, so I guess that makes me romantic? While I'll read just about anything, romance and horror are 2 genres I avoid. I do not think the quiz is designed for folks over 30 and since it has been awhile since I saw that birthday, I'll just ignore the results and continue to read what I like -- Sci-fi, fantasy, historical fiction, contemporary fiction, biographies, etc.

message 30: by Dean (new)

Dean MacAllister (deanmacallister) 50% travel fiction
33% adventure
27% humour
18% bad mathematics
and 100% BS.
Hang on a sec, gonna go look for a calculator...

message 31: by Anne (new)

Anne (annelouisetaylor) | 4 comments Certificate: Test results
What book genre are you?

For 70 % you are: You are ROMANCE. You are romantic and like things to be beautiful and classy. You also prefer things formal, and enjoy relationships a lot.
23.6499 % of 1611 Quiz participants had this profile!

For 20 % you are: You are a CLASSIC. You are completely normal, and are definitely down to earth. You have plans for the future which generally involve a good education, and are unlikely to do something like run off and elope. You've probably got a lot of friends because people generally find you endearing.

Or even this one:
For 10 % you are: You are FANTASY. You live in a dream world, and enjoy fairy tales, although you may not admit it. Your one wish would be something fantastic like to be able to do magic or fly. You want to believe in magic, even if you don't. You are constantly daydreaming, and are very creative.

Or even this one:
For 0 % you are: You are HORROR. You are constantly telling scary stories with which you are obsessed, and you think death is always just around the corner. You have a somewhat dark sense of humor, and are pretty much normal except for that.

Or even this one:
For 0 % you are: You are HUMOR. You like to joke around with your friends, and you have a lot of friends. You like to be the center of attention, but everyone you know also wants you to be the center of attention because you're so darned funny, so that's alright. Everyone likes you for the most part, but you can sometimes come off as a bit cocky.

message 32: by Michael (new)

Michael (micky74007) 40% horror
40% classic
10% humor
10% romance

message 33: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnareadstheworld) | 451 comments 40% classic
20% fantasy
20% horror
10% humor
10% romance

message 34: by Megan (new)

Megan | 47 comments 60% Romance
30% Classic
10% Fantasy

Kind of what I expected, although I don't read a lot of romance.

message 35: by Ellinor (new)

Ellinor (1001andmore) | 791 comments 50% Romance
30% Fantasy
10% Classic
10% Humor
0% Horror

Interesting. Describes me pretty well I'd say. It's just not the book genres I read.

message 36: by Tia (new)

Tia (mrsnovelista) 50% Fantasy
20% Horror
20% Romance
10% Humor

Not classic AT ALL , thats about right :O)

message 37: by Beth (new)

Beth 40% Classic
40% Romance
10% Humor
10% Fantasy
0% Horror

Was expecting a lot for classics. Other percentages make sense too, though I was kind of surprised by romance!

message 38: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Shipman | 12 comments 75% mystery
15% historical fiction
5% paranormal
5% romance

message 39: by Megan (new)

Megan (greeneyedalice91) | 10 comments 60% Fantasy
30% Romance
10% Classic

message 40: by Julia (new)

Julia (juliastrimer) LOL--I got 0% for Fantasy, and that's my favorite genre! The 50% for classic works, but I agree with Linda: "I do not think the quiz is designed for folks over 30 and since it has been awhile since I saw that birthday...." Yep, at 73, some of those questions didn't make much sense to me :-)

message 41: by Anny (new)

Anny | 97 comments 50% Classic
20% Fantasy
10% for everything else...

message 42: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Teper (shanteper) I am 40% romance, 30% classic, 20% fantasy, and 10% horror. As a reader of mainly mysteries, I wonder why that genre wasn't included. I don't read romances, but do like a little love in my mysteries. I do like classics and some fantasies if they play by consistent rules. I like to be scared, but am not real fond of horror because it allows things to remain unexplained. A giant spider comes down from space and sends out an evil clown to do its bidding. A person has to have questions about this, and, when the author doesn't give a credible answer, I feel the urge to throw the book against a wall.
I'm not sure this quiz is effective since we sometimes read to make up for what we are lacking in real life rather than to reflect the way we are already living.

message 43: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 7 comments Silly quiz! I couldn't answer half the questions because the alternatives were far too limiting. For instance, food. I don't eat any of the choices given. Or the bedroom. Or the outfit. Or favourite places to go. Or where do you see your future. Oh well. Guess I had too much time to waste -- guess I know what kind of book genre I am!

message 44: by Phillip (new)

Phillip (philbertk) | 2 comments Certificate Seal
What book genre are you?

For 40 % you are: You are a CLASSIC. You are completely normal, and are definitely down to earth. You have plans for the future which generally involve a good education, and are unlikely to do something like run off and elope. You've probably got a lot of friends because people generally find you endearing.
47.6819 % of 2502 Quiz participants had this profile! Profile A

For 30 % you are: You are ROMANCE. You are romantic and like things to be beautiful and classy. You also prefer things formal, and enjoy relationships a lot. Profile B

Or even this one:
For 20 % you are: You are HORROR. You are constantly telling scary stories with which you are obsessed, and you think death is always just around the corner. You have a somewhat dark sense of humor, and are pretty much normal except for that. Profile C

Or even this one:
For 10 % you are: You are HUMOR. You like to joke around with your friends, and you have a lot of friends. You like to be the center of attention, but everyone you know also wants you to be the center of attention because you're so darned funny, so that's alright. Everyone likes you for the most part, but you can sometimes come off as a bit cocky. Profile D

Or even this one:
For 0 % you are: You are FANTASY. You live in a dream world, and enjoy fairy tales, although you may not admit it. Your one wish would be something fantastic like to be able to do magic or fly. You want to believe in magic, even if you don't. You are constantly daydreaming, and are very creative. Profile E

More Other literature character Tests?

message 45: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 3 comments 40% chick lit
20% classic
20% mystery
10% romance
10% humour

message 46: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (izehbella) | 1 comments 40% FANTASY

20% humor, romance

10% classic, horror

message 47: by Apoorv (new)

Apoorv  Moghe (goodreadscomapoorv) | 21 comments I am a Profile A person

60% - Romance
20% - Classic
10% - Fantasy
10% - Horror
0% - Humor

You are ROMANCE. You are romantic and like things to be beautiful and classy. You also prefer things formal, and enjoy relationships a lot.

message 48: by Holly (new)

Holly Letson (bookaholicholly) | 1 comments

Certificate: Test results
What book genre are you?

For 50 % you are: You are FANTASY. You live in a dream world, and enjoy fairy tales, although you may not admit it. Your one wish would be something fantastic like to be able to do magic or fly. You want to believe in magic, even if you don't. You are constantly daydreaming, and are very creative.
11.6534 % of 2643 Quiz participants had this profile! Profile A

For 30 % you are: You are ROMANCE. You are romantic and like things to be beautiful and classy. You also prefer things formal, and enjoy relationships a lot. Profile B

Or even this one:
For 10 % you are: You are a CLASSIC. You are completely normal, and are definitely down to earth. You have plans for the future which generally involve a good education, and are unlikely to do something like run off and elope. You've probably got a lot of friends because people generally find you endearing. Profile C

Or even this one:
For 10 % you are: You are HUMOR. You like to joke around with your friends, and you have a lot of friends. You like to be the center of attention, but everyone you know also wants you to be the center of attention because you're so darned funny, so that's alright. Everyone likes you for the most part, but you can sometimes come off as a bit cocky. Profile D

Or even this one:
For 0 % you are: You are HORROR. You are constantly telling scary stories with which you are obsessed, and you think death is always just around the corner. You have a somewhat dark sense of humor, and are pretty much normal except for that. Profile E

Take this quiz: What book genre are you?

message 49: by Janet C-B (new)

Janet C-B (goodreadscomjanbookfan) 40% romance
40% classic
10% humor
10% fantasy
0. horror

I am kind of surprised by the romance score, but the rest fits. I really dislike horror or anything scary!

message 50: by Ari (new)

Ari | 4 comments I guess I'm mostly type A:
40% Romance
20% Classic
20% Horror
10% Fantasy
10% Humor

« previous 1