http://www.EDUG573Fall2011 discussion

1 view
Graphic Novels

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Schaefers | 15 comments 1

message 2: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Schaefers | 15 comments Tales from the Crypt - Yabba Dabba Voodoo by Fred Van Lente
The story started with the crypt keeper and two witches introducing the first story. It was about a man who was becoming undead. He was trying to find the woman who put a spell on him. The next story was about a man who stole the idea for a computer game from another man. The second man wanted revenge so he created a zombie to chase after the second man.
I did not like this book. I think it is because of the way that women were shown, large chests and dumb. The drawings were nice, but I did not like the sotries, that being said, it is a popular choice with some of my students.
Nancy Drew #2 Writ in Stone by Stefan Petrucha and Sho Murase
The story started with a car accident. Nancy Drew was babysitting at a house close by. She came out to see what happened. One of the people involved in the accident was a scientist who had discovered a rock. He invited Nancy to an exhibit presenting the rock. The rock ended up being stolen. Nancy was on the case. It ended up that the scientist was actually the one who stole his own rock.
I liked this book. Maybe because I read a lot of Nancy Drew books when I was younger and loved them. I like dectective stories. This one was pretty easy to follow. I will be taking it into my room and recommending it to my students.