Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) Hex Hall discussion

Books like Hex Hall

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joana Does anybody know about another book like this one? With an hilarious/snarky main character, a hot romance and nice action?
Other books I've read that might be similar are The Name of the Star and Paranolmalcy (although I wasn't a fan of the romance part in that one) Any recs? :)

Ruthie ummm ... try Cassandra Clare Cassandra Clare 's mortal instruments series The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (Mortal Instruments, #1-3) by Cassandra Clare

Joana Oh, I forgot to mention that one. I've already read it :) but thanks anyway ^^

message 4: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda I've read Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon , A Spy in the House (The Agency, #1) by Y.S. Lee , and Deception (Haunting Emma, #1) by Lee Nichols . All of these are on the same "Best Book Covers" and they are all pretty good. If you look in the "other books readers enjoyed" it has a few books that people who enjoyed "Hex Hall" also read. I found a few there that I want to read now. :)

Joana Oh, I hadn't thought about that. Will check, thank you for the recs! :)

Brie Have you read anything by Samantha Young? Everything I've read from her I personally thought was incredibly entertaining:)

message 7: by george ☽ (new)

george ☽ Strange Angels - Lili St.Crow
Forgive My Fins - Tera Lynne Childs
The Gallagher Girls Series - Ally Carter
Nightshade - Andrea Cremer
I'm not sure you'll like these but try them anyway
The Lacey Chronicles - Eve Edwards

Hope I helped! Definitley read the The Gallagher Girls, they are the most like Hex Hall

Joana Ohh these look interesting, thank you! I'll definitely check The Gallagher Girls out ;)

Valerie This is kind of stretching it but Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth and Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand
They're both pretty awesome.

Carole Joana wrote: "Does anybody know about another book like this one? With an hilarious/snarky main character, a hot romance and nice action?
Other books I've read that might be similar are The Name of the Star and..."

I really like Karen Mahoney's The Iron witch series, Also Carolyn MacCullough - Once a witch, Always a witch.

Audrey Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White was really good!

Joana Thank you everyone! I've read some of the books you guys mentioned but I'll check the ones that I haven't read :)

Lydia Cooper have you tried haven by kristi cook?
it's about a strange school with strange people at it too

Jennifer I just read Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray and I kind of felt like it was exactly Hex Hall but with all vampires.

Sarah Darlington I agree...most closely related to Evernight :). But if u want other novels with the school type of environment I'd say Fallen or Vampire Academy.

Joana I'll check out Evernight then, thanks! :) And thank you to everyone who's been replying, I'm taking notes of your recommendations :)

message 17: by Kal (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kal Vampire Academy over Evernight if you're looking for snark.

message 18: by Kal (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kal Hmm... something that's not really like any of the other books mentioned here, but which technically fits your requirements (though upgrade the action to awesome, and the romance is kind of realistic... to put you in the right mind, the series has a noir tone) and which is better than anything else mentioned here: The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. The first book, Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher , isn't totally brilliant, but each successive book is better than the one before it.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Pararanormalcy was Awesome! Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White

Lydia Cooper Star crossed fits the requirements except instead of all mythical creatues, there are demigods

Line  Skori Born at Midnight by C.C Hunter maybe :)
Or as others have mentioned. Oh my Gods by Tera Lynn Childs :)

Lydia Cooper evernight is sooooo like hex hall except instead of prodigium they are all vampires and humans who are just rich and snobby who don't know that they are paying to go to school with a bunch of bloodsucking monsters. and there are vampire hunters
just like freaking hex hall

Vivian Vampire Academy series
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead
Strange Angels series
Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) by Lili St. Crow
Iron Fey series
The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa
There are many many great books and series out there!

Angeli I am reading a book that is so much like hex hall in so many ways...Initiation

message 25: by M. (new) - rated it 3 stars

M. Amanda wrote: "I've read Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon, A Spy in the House (The Agency, #1) by Y.S. Lee, and Deception (Haunting Emma, #1) by Lee Nichols. All of these are on the same "Best Book Covers" and they are all pretty good. If y..."

I just read The Agency, thanks to your recommendation Amanda and I really liked it. It's not really similar to Hex Hall but I can see people who enjoyed Hex Hall enjoying this too. Have you read the second book?

Starburst the magic in manhattan series... it's really good!

message 27: by Mary frances (new) - added it

Mary frances hush hush is like it

Bonnie Joana wrote: "Does anybody know about another book like this one? With an hilarious/snarky main character, a hot romance and nice action?
Other books I've read that might be similar are The Name of the Star and..."

Alyxandra Harvey wrote Hearts at Stake. She suggested the Hex Hall series on the B&N website. Harvey's book was a "free friday" ebook for Nook users. I read hers and picked up the Hex Hall series. I liked both series.

Cheyann I really like books like Hex Hall. I love the idea of demons being really powerful and awesome creatures. I love creative stuff like that. If you like that sort of thing, where it's not just the regular stuff, you know, like witches, vampires, werewolves and fairies, then you should check out the Firelight series. Firelight is the first one, Vanish is the second. It's about descendants of dragons, and they call themselves draki. Jacinda is the only draki left (at least in her pride) that can breath fire. You might not like it, but I just love creative stuff like that where the author can just make up awesome characters. A recommendation for that kind of book would be greatly appreciated.

message 30: by Nour (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nour fakhr Sarah wrote: "I agree...most closely related to Evernight :). But if u want other novels with the school type of environment I'd say Fallen or Vampire Academy."

is fallen any good? i saw it many times but i am too scared to read it, the title makes it sound tragic so im really afraid of being disapointed... is it any good?

Kristan MYTHOS ACADEMY - touch of frost, kiss of frost, dark frost ect they are realy similar and youll love it! snarky romance and action ;)

Sammy Hey, if you love the Hex Hall series like I do, you should really join my group. Here's the link: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/7...

Sammy Audreyy ❤ wrote: "Pararanormalcy was Awesome!Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White"

I 100 percent agree with that statement!

Kimberly Hemlock was a good one but a surprise. Starcrossed is definitely one to check out. The Gallagher Girls series was pretty good too.