http://www.EDUG573Fall2011 discussion

Traditional Literature

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Schaefers | 15 comments 1

message 2: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Schaefers | 15 comments Pollyanna by Eleanor Porter
Orphan Pollyanna has gone to live with her Aunt Polly. Aunt Polly agreed to take Pollyanna because she felt it was her duty. Aunt Polly likes things to be a certain way and always under control. Pollyanna is a free spirit who enjoys playing the glad game. Pollyanna changes the lives of everyone around her.
I would strongly recommend this book. It was light and carefree. I have enjoyed the movie for many years so I was eager to read the novel. I would not use it in my high school room, but would recommend it for younger children.

message 3: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Schaefers | 15 comments Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
The story begins with Max going to bed wearing his wolf suit. A forest began growing in his room. There was also an ocean, and Max jumped in a boat. . Max came to the place where the wild things are. Max was able to tame them with a magic trick. He was made kind of the wild things. Then, the wild rumpus started. After the wild rumpus, Max sent the wild things to bed, but then he became lonely. Max left, and the wild things wanted him to stay. Max made it back to his room.
I enjoyed reading this story. It has been many years since I have read it, and I had forgotten what happened. I think this is a wonderful book for young students, although it might be scary for very young children. I would recommend it for maybe 2nd or 3rd grade.