http://www.EDUG573Fall2011 discussion

Amy N > traditional lit (choose 2)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Nichols | 25 comments 1

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Nichols | 25 comments I read over Aesop's Fables from long-long ago. I read The Fox and the Crow; The Ant and the Grasshopper; The Fox and the Grapes; and The Tortise and the Hare. All stories that I had heard in the past, all stories that teach GREAT lessons. I would imagine myself using these short stories in the future during a study of the genre fables/folktale/traditional lit. I think that although simplistic in nature, these are all valuable lessons that all of us young or old need to be reminded of. I was glad I stumbled upon them.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy Nichols | 25 comments Clement Clarke Moore (1779 - 1863) wrote the poem I chose to read The Night Before Christmas, a CLASSIC- just in time for Christmas Break. I will probably read this aloud to my class just for its "fun factor". I was unsure of the author as it was found in a collection of children's literature; so I looked it up. The story, written in the form of a long poem was written by Clement Clarke Moore.
As a fun idea, I used a line from the story to inspire one of our "door decorating" design one year. I used... "not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse" to symbolize that the school would be quiet with all of the kids being gone fro break. We colored little mice in jammies holding a candle- it was cute, but we didn't win =/ Oh well, the tiem spent was still JOLLY...... Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.