Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) Anna and the French Kiss discussion


464 views
Banned

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Taylor-michelle i can definitly tell why this is banned and why it is so popular


Katherine it's...banned? why?!


message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee where is it banned?


Amanda i realy liked this book and i guess i can see why it is banned or challenged


message 5: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J Why is this book banned and where????


Katherine Taylor-michelle wrote: "i can definitly tell why this is banned and why it is so popular"

It's not that I think you're lying, but maybe there was some mistake because I really don't think this is a banned book. Could you tell us where you got your information from?


✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿ are you kidding? why would they ban this anywhere?


Sandhini Agarwal Why is this banned? I can't think of any reason. Where is it banned?


Jeds Banned? You've got to be kidding me. That's insane. There's no reason for this to be banned unless there's a new rule that popular books should be out.


message 10: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee I can't find anything on the ALA website about it being banned or challenged, but the 2011 list isn't out yet obviously...unless the OP means banned by parents


message 11: by M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Uh, maybe it's banned or will be because of the underage drinking and the hint of sex! OMG! Call the hypocrisy police because teenagers don't drink or have sex and for sure if they read this book they will get the idea. LOL!


message 12: by Jeds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeds Michelle wrote: "Uh, maybe it's banned or will be because of the underage drinking and the hint of sex! OMG! Call the hypocrisy police because teenagers don't drink or have sex and for sure if they read this book t..."

HAHAHA. LOL.

But seriously, that's no reason. Hundreds of books are out there which contains not only hints of sex but intense sexual scenes and they're not banned. :/


message 13: by M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Jedaia Rose wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Uh, maybe it's banned or will be because of the underage drinking and the hint of sex! OMG! Call the hypocrisy police because teenagers don't drink or have sex and for sure if they..."

Totally agree. The whole banning thing is ridiculous.


Amanda Katherine wrote: "I'm so confused! why do you think it could be banned? I can't think of ANYTHING."

well i guess for younger readers deffinitly right....


✿。.:*:.。✿*゚Khlooᗪ゚*✿。.:*:.。 i dont think its banned i went to barns and nobles and its there


Amanda ✿。.:*:.。✿*゚Khlooᗪ゚*✿。.:*:.。 wrote: "i dont think its banned i went to barns and nobles and its there"

so that doesnt mean that it is banned from barnes and noble... it may even just be challenged i would do some more furtheer reaserch on the book if you really want to


✿。.:*:.。✿*゚Khlooᗪ゚*✿。.:*:.。 Amanda wrote: "✿。.:*:.。✿*゚Khlooᗪ゚*✿。.:*:.。 wrote: "i dont think its banned i went to barns and nobles and its there"

so that doesnt mean that it is banned from barnes and noble... it may even just be challeng..."


oh okay


Taylor-michelle Katherine wrote: "Taylor-michelle wrote: "i can definitly tell why this is banned and why it is so popular"

It's not that I think you're lying, but maybe there was some mistake because I really don't think this i..."


its banned because it has innopropriote (spelt wrong)
language and scenes


message 19: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee Taylor - can you say specifically where it is banned, because there is nothing on the ALA website about it being banned or challenged and they track such things


message 20: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee ETA - I just sent an email to the American Library Association Freedom of Information - which are the people who track banned/challenged books - to ask them about it


Katherine Taylor-michelle wrote: "Katherine wrote: "Taylor-michelle wrote: "i can definitly tell why this is banned and why it is so popular"

It's not that I think you're lying, but maybe there was some mistake because I really ..."


Okay..well I actually asked where you heard about this. Sorry, I just think you're mistaken.


message 22: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee I got an email back from the American Library Association today - they track all books that are banned/challenged in the US (any library that bans a book, or receives challenges has to complete paperwork). They have no record of this book being challenged by any library - which means if Taylor's library has banned it for whatever reason, then they aren't following the regulations set forth by the libraries on what to do


Shannonk GUYS. It's not banned.


message 24: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee i know that, but there is someone who is claiming it is, so to refute her claim I went to the source ;)


Erika definitely not banned, I've seen it in every book store I've been to in the past couple months... and its all over the place online. definitely not banned...


Angela Maybe someone just wanted to get a conversation about the book going. There is no was that it can be any worse rating than PG. Plus they were legal drinkning age in Paris.


BookCrazy why would you want this book to be banned it is brillient!


Jennifer Dupriest I don't understand how this book could be banned, there really wasn't anything bad in this book, it wouldn't make sense
?????


message 29: by Dee (last edited Mar 18, 2012 07:26AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee the book isn't banned anywhere!!!! unless the OP's school removed it from the shelves and then failed to do the paperwork that is required because the organization that tracks banned books had no record of it being challenged or banned


Katherine Everyone, it's been concluded that this book is NOT BANNED. The person who started this discussion was mistaken.


Valerie Katherine wrote: "Everyone, it's been concluded that this book is NOT BANNED. The person who started this discussion was mistaken."

That makes sense. I didn't think it was banned...


message 32: by Hara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hara Jenny wrote: "I don't understand how this book could be banned, there really wasn't anything bad in this book, it wouldn't make sense
?????"


It wasn't banned. (:


Book'o'holic what? banned by whom? never had problems with it although my eyebrows raised when it did mention sex and teenage drinking for minors for this genre...


Naveen Raju yep, the book was banned by nicholas sarkozy last year because despite the name it doesn't have much french kisses that would promote foregin student inflow,which would have reduced the strain on the govt. further sources say that the story was stolen from his autobiography which says that sarkozy indeed had a girlfriend with the name anna and int he real life he played the role of dave(remember him, right?) and amanda(yep,the same one) as carla bruni.at the role of st.clair was Francois Hollande(his Socialist rival).....and so the story goes........................


message 35: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee can you point me in the direction of something that confirms that, because I am not finding it on any website searches? not that I don't believe you, but I work under the addage, trust but verify


message 36: by Naveen (last edited Apr 30, 2012 05:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Naveen Raju Dee wrote: "can you point me in the direction of something that confirms that, because I am not finding it on any website searches? not that I don't believe you, but I work under the addage, trust but verify"
no one banned anna and the french kiss in any country. its just a gossip...... if you are not convinced then check the magazine book page issue: "why banned?" it shows every book that was banned in the 21st century............
the above comment (message 34) was just a joke..... its just because you know i cant sleep properly without giving sakozy a 'kick' (like above) whenever i get a chance.....he....he......


Lint LOL, good one ^


message 38: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee but knowing what I know about Sarkozy, stuff like that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest...which is why I asked

and different countries can have different books that are banned/challenged


Muriel Nicholas Sarkozy clearly hasn't read Looking for Alaska.


message 40: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Madie wrote: "Nicholas Sarkozy clearly hasn't read Looking for Alaska."

hahahahahaha nice one, probably true though


back to top