Amazon Kindle discussion

kindle to pdf?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrez (last edited Oct 27, 2011 11:16AM) (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) Hi, can any of you tell me how to converse a kindle file to pdf? I'd like to send it to a friend who doesn't have a kindle :)

Thank you

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (newtomato) If it's a Kindle book you purchased from Amazon, you can't. It's locked with DRM to prevent exactly that.

If it's a book in .mobi or .prc (or any) format, as long as it's not DRM locked, you can use Calibre.

Ralph Gallagher | 327 comments Mod
Sending books to friends is considered piracy and is illegal. You are not allowed to share ebooks outside of the lending features provided by Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

message 4: by Clare K. R. (new)

Clare K. R. (clare-dragonfly) Cindy wrote: "If it's a Kindle book you purchased from Amazon, you can't. It's locked with DRM to prevent exactly that."

Not necessarily. Amazon allows publishers (including indie publishers) to choose whether to include DRM on their books or not. So there are books that don't have DRM. However, I don't know of a way to tell the difference.

But as Ralph says, sharing books in this way is usually illegal (some authors/publishers may give permission).