Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? discussion

Live Video Chat with Mindy Kaling

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Patrick Brown If you have a question for Mindy Kaling, please ask it here! Mindy will be answer your questions live on video on November 2!

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace What was it like playing a total air-head on the office? are you anything like Kelly in real life?

Orsolya As a fellow woman living in Los Angeles, what advice can you give to strong women working in or persuing entertainment fields? I find that the man always tries to hold me down! Or maybe we can just work together! ;)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

What advice would you give a thirteen-year-old girl who is trying to get into the writing or acting career track?

message 5: by Spades (new)

Spades What's inspired you to start writing?

message 6: by Sue (new)

Sue Thornquist q What inspired you to write James Spader's character into "The Office" this season, AND to make Andy Bernard the new Steve Carrell? What do each of these actors bring to their new roles?

Kate q Hi Mindy! As a writer I find you both fast and prolific, so my question for you today is what inspires you on a daily basis to keep writing and if/when you get stuck how do you get out of the funk?

message 8: by Adam (new)

Adam Hey Mindy, I am huge fan! I know you're a writer on the office, but have you been writing your whole life?

message 9: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Marchand qHas the writing process changed at all since Steve Carrell left The Office? I know he would occassionally write episodes etc.

message 10: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Marchand What has been your favorite episode to write and or be apart of on The Office so far?

message 11: by Sulagna (new)

Sulagna q my cousin and I love all your episodes on the Office, both on-screen and in the writer's room! We're both Indian American, and we're pretty sure your life is like ours. What do you say to Indian American women who want to get involved in the entertainment industry?

message 12: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Marchand What were some of the main similarities and differences you found between writing books and writing for television?

message 13: by Jake (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jake q Hola Mindy! Thanks for chatting with us. I loved everything you did with the creation of MATT & BEN and as a playwright myself I was hoping that you could share some oh-so-awesome tips on writing narrative and action since dialogue seems to be about the only thing I have a knack for.

Stacy q What do you think the entertainment industry is missing about the modern woman?

Beccah Zuazua q Hi mindy! I have always loved writing and I have also been obsessed with comedy for forever. Whenever I write comical pieces, I feel like they're not funny and I'm scared to show them to people. Did you ever have this fear? How did you get over it? Thanks :)

message 16: by Adam (new)

Adam q What do the producer credits attributed to you on "the Office" mean?

message 17: by Lucia (new)

Lucia Belakova Yay!

message 18: by Anonymous (new)

Anonymous qIf a Kardaashian is gettimg married at point X at 6 p.m. to a professional celebrity and a train with a reality tv camera crew is leaving point Y and traveling at 80 m.p.h while a car full of papparazzi is leaving from point Z ten minutes after the train leaves traveling 55 mp.h with the distance from point X and Y being approximately 2/3 the distance from points X to Z, who will get there first?

ღஐKendraღஐ "How was it being on the Office what was your favorite part about you character are you ever like that in real life? By the way you were awsome on the show one of my favorite characters! :)

message 20: by Seth (new) - rated it 4 stars

Seth Morris As a writer accustomed to a different medium, did you find it challenging writing a book?

message 21: by Catherine (last edited Nov 02, 2011 12:43PM) (new) - added it

Catherine q Have you ever thought of creating your very own comedy show? Maybe a skit show like SNL? Speaking of which, did you ever audition or submit scripts for SNL? If not, why not? Thanks! Love your work :)

rachelbianca Does it bother you that you're obviously a smart, put together woman who often gets confused for an airhead like Kelly because you are so good at the acting part of your job?

Symonne Q - Hi Mindy, I was a huge fan of your blog that you used to run "Things I've Bought That I Love". Would you ever consider starting it up again?

message 24: by Cruisegirl777 (new)

Cruisegirl777 Q: Since you contributed more of your time, did you get paid double for being an actress as well as a writer for The Office?

message 25: by Natasha (new)

Natasha ZettaCrepeauStypayhoralikson q Hey Mindy! Who do you think is the better boss, Steve Carrell or Andy Bernard?

Milan~The Gummy Bear Princess!!!!~ qwhere was your first audition? was it scary?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

q When did you decide you wanted to be a writer (how old)??

Milan~The Gummy Bear Princess!!!!~ Q: how did you decide you wanted to be on the office?? Luv that show btw :)

Suzanne Q Which other funny women or characters do you count as inspirations?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Q What do you enjoy doing more, writing or acting?

message 31: by Edan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Edan Q I'm curious how this book came about, and what it was like writing prose after doing so much dramatic writing in recent years.

Caitlin I ♥ animals! q who are you?

Ramona Love you, Mindy! Do you plan to stop in Chicago to promote your book? If so, who can I talk to about hosting an event for you?

Milan~The Gummy Bear Princess!!!!~ did she remember us?

Patrick Brown Hi Everybody. We're running just a couple of minutes behind but we will be starting soon! If you have a question for Mindy, feel free to ask it now.

message 36: by Rose (new) - added it

Rose Q Hi Mindy, what in your opinion is important to keep your work fresh comedically?

Milan~The Gummy Bear Princess!!!!~ Q: how did your first ever audition go? were you nervouse?

message 38: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Q. Do you plan on writing another book, if so will be fiction or non fiction

message 39: by Brandon (new) - added it

Brandon q Who's your favorite author?

message 40: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Moore q Now that you're a published author, what is your next goal as an entertainment professional?

Milan~The Gummy Bear Princess!!!!~ Q: will you ever go into the music industry?

Allison Q If you could have a mini-domesticated version of any animal, what animal would it be?

message 43: by June (new) - rated it 5 stars

June If the only shoes in the whole world that fit you were a pair of white pumps, what would you do?

Picture  Perfect q Hey, I'm Indian too. And, no, my name is not Picture. Haha. It's great to know that there are Indian women out there who don't have to necessarily play stereotypical Indian roles. Heck, I barely grew up in India. I have read your little excerpt from your book. After reading that, I want to read your book. You are hilarious. :)

Patrick Brown We're live if you hit play!

Chrissie Q What inspires you in your writing, both on The Office and with your new book?

Ramona Are you on the set of The Office right now? It looks like you're sitting in a cubicle :)

Chrissie Q How did you develop Kelly's signature voice on The Office?

Chrissie Q What is your favorite scene you were in on The Office? My favorite: Kelly explaining Netflix. :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

i wish you well with your book !

« previous 1