Angels and Fallen Angels discussion

What Angels do you prefer? > I like non traditional angels

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 432 comments Mod
If you like angel fiction where angels have attributes of vampires, werewolves, fey, etc. Leave your thoughts here.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Colleen wrote: "If you like angel fiction where angels have attributes of vampires, werewolves, fey, etc. Leave your thoughts here."

I think Edward Cullen is like an angel because he sparkles. When I dream about angels they always sparkle. Now I remember one of my very best dreams. It was an angel that looked like Liberty traveling up into the clouds to heaven with a message for God on my behalf. There was music and radiant sparkles. I strongly associate sparkly things with angels.

Oh, my husband saw a woman dressed as a fairy today. She was about 4 and half feet he said dressed up for Halloween in a fairy costume. Someone told him that she plays the part of a fairy in Swan Lake in Colorado Springs. He said it was delightful seeing her.

message 3: by Chrysoula (new)

Chrysoula Tzavelas | 15 comments Do you have any examples of this kind of thing? In my own setting, fallen angels have splintered into a number of factions, some of which overlap with modern monster ideas. But it's not something I've seen a lot of.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 143 comments In the Fallen series by Kristina Douglas, the angels definitely have some non-trad attributes: drinking blood, taking human wives, living in Sheol.

Raziel (The Fallen, #1) by Kristina Douglas Demon (The Fallen, #2) by Kristina Douglas Warrior (The Fallen, #3) by Kristina Douglas

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

What is Sheol?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

this is what I found:

heol ( /ˈʃiːoʊl/ shee-ohl or /ˈʃiːəl/ shee-əl; Hebrew שְׁאוֹל Šʾôl) is the "grave", "pit", or "abyss" in Hebrew.[1][2] She'ol[3] is the earliest conception of the afterlife in the Jewish scriptures. It is a place of darkness to which all dead go, regardless of the moral choices made in life, and where they are "removed from the light of God" (see the Book of Job). In the Tanakh sheol is the common destination of both the righteous and the unrighteous flesh, as recounted in Ecclesiastes and Job.
When the Hebrew scriptures were translated into Greek in ancient Alexandria around 200 BCE the word "hades" (underworld) was substituted for "sheol". (see Hellenistic Judaism).
The New Testament (written in Greek) also uses "hades" to refer to the abode of the dead. (Revelation 20:13) The belief that those in sheol awaited the resurrection either in comfort (in the bosom of Abraham) or in torment may be reflected in the story of the New Testament of Lazarus and Dives.[4] English translations of the Hebrew scriptures have variously rendered the word sheol as "Hell"[5] or "the grave".[6]
She'ol is a concept that predates the Christian and Muslim ideas of judgement after death and also predates, and is different from, Heaven and Hell. It is unclear whether sheol was to be considered a real place or a way of describing the unknown status of a person's conscious being.