Banned Books Club discussion

One Hundred Years of Solitude
This topic is about One Hundred Years of Solitude
November Book Chosen

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Satia Hello Everyone!

The November book has been chosen. We will be reading One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez.

Also, Anda will be leading the discussion for this amazing novel. Thank you, Anda, for taking on this responsibility.

I know it's going to be an amazing month of sharing thoughts.

message 2: by Anda (last edited Oct 27, 2011 09:39AM) (new)

Anda | 34 comments Hi Satia,
I hope to manage :) Anyway, it is big pleasure since we are going to read this wonderful book. For me is for the third time, and I still find it magic and comic and loveable!

Serena Huang (marrykatebush) | 259 comments This is one of my favorite books of all time, read it about 10 times, except in mandarin. Hope that won't be a problem...

message 4: by Barbara (new) - added it

Barbara (barbarasc) | 168 comments Hi Anda, Satia, and Serena,

GREAT CHOICE!!!! One Hundred Years of Solitude !!!

I'm sorry I haven't been around, and I'm sorry I missed out on Dorian Gray!!! I really hope I can read and discuss One Hundred Years of Solitude with all of you!! (Actually, right about now I could use a REAL 100 years of solitude.)

I've been traveling on business, and working seven days a week, sometimes 12-15 hour days, and I've been dealing with a sinus infection and ear infection, but trying to get as much work done regardless of feeling lousy.

By the time I get home at night, I'm lucky if I can read 5 - 10 pages of whatever book I happen to be reading -- I just can't keep my eyes open long enough to get any real reading done!!!

But I have not forgotten about you, and I still am looking forward to finally fixing the group bookshelf!!

I've missed you ladies!!! I really hope I can read One Hundred Years of Solitude with all of you!!! The only Marquez book I've read is Chronicle of a Death Foretold and Marquez is an amazing writer.