Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

Sandra Brown
This topic is about Sandra Brown

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Almeta, co-moderator (last edited Oct 27, 2011 03:14AM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 1093 comments Mod
Stephen King book and author. He says: "Okay, Sandra Brown is not Eudora Welty, but if you want romantic suspense that has teeth, "big ones", she's your gal.

Sandra Brown Sandra Brown

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments I have a good friend who simply loves Sandra Brown - I have only read 1 book by her - it was a very short book and just okay for me - but I will try her out again. Have you read her Almeta? Any suggestions???

message 3: by Almeta, co-moderator (new)

I have not read any Sandra Brown, although there is no reason why not. She writes in the genre that I like and has received numerous awards.

I have one book in my house written by her and given to me from a now unremembered source; The Crush.

Stephen King recommended Hello, Darkness. He says: "Okay, Sandra Brown is not Eudora Welty, but if you want romantic suspense that has teeth — big ones — she's your gal. This one features a Beautiful Disc Jockey With a Secret in Her Past who starts getting calls from a psycho named ''Valentino'' on her late-night show (tunes for lovers — forget the playlist unless you're deep into Barry White). A great deal of violence and steamy, graphic sex ensues. And ensues. And ensues. The finale is a shocker worthy of Agatha Christie...although I don't think there was ever an Internet sex club in any of Dame Agatha's books."

Want to choose one and do a "buddy read"?

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie I really enjoy Sandra Brown. Hello, Darkness would be a good one to start out with for people who haven't read her.

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments I would love to - Hello, Darkness sounds intriguing

message 6: by Almeta, co-moderator (new)

Hey, great! Just ordered Hello, Darkness from my library. Will let you know when it arrives.

Should be fun to toss it about togeher.

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments sounds good, I did the same thing as well today.

message 8: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) Wow, seeing Sandra Brown as an SK recommended author kinda surprised me. I've read a couple by her, a couple of her older more romance-y ones, and Standoff, which I liked pretty well. When I was in school I had a friend who loved her books, but I never really tried to get into reading them too much.

message 9: by Almeta, co-moderator (new)

Kit★ wrote: "Wow, seeing Sandra Brown as an SK recommended author kinda surprised me. I've read a couple by her, a couple of her older more romance-y ones, and Standoff, which I liked pretty well...."

Surprised me too. So much so, that I debated with myself about placing her in the "favorite author" thread. Still, he said some pretty nice things about her.