Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Audible Sales

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Contrarius (new)

Contrarius | 323 comments You don't have to visit every day. All of their sales last for several days. Just check a coupla times a week, and you'll be fine.

Have you signed up for their email updates? They will tell you about sales in your email, if you subscribe.

message 3: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3645 comments Buy 4*, get $10: November 1 - 24, 2011

*Cash, credits or any combination on four books with a regular (non-discounted) price of $14.95 or more. Details at site.

message 4: by Contrarius (new)

Contrarius | 323 comments This sale always leads to me doing long searches to find interesting books priced at $14.95.... ;)

message 5: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3645 comments I've been saving credits for it -- all the ones on my wishlist are over that. I'm trying to decide which are least likely to be offered by Overdrive later, although ones with "Audible, Inc." as producer seem the safest bets.

message 6: by Contrarius (new)

Contrarius | 323 comments Unfortunately, I never have extra credits lying around.... ;)

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 224 comments Me either Contrarius - I usually wait at the absolute most about 10 hours before I'm picking my next audible.

message 8: by binter (new)

binter | 216 comments John, how do you determine which books you think are most likely to be offered by Overdrive later. (and how much later is "later"?)

I am a little nuts (it's a compulsion, really) about not wasting a credit on something my library carries/will carry soon.

message 9: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3645 comments Well ... as I alluded, I try to go by publisher - Blackstone, Naxos, and some others put a lot of their stuff out at Overdrive, so not so much those. As for "later", if the book has been only at Audible recently, and seems popular, I assume it might get to Overdrive (unless it's an Audible Inc. one), but it's really a gut call. I've had a few show up later after springing a credit on them, which isn't as bad as having to give up on an Audible book, that I'd bought as the sample seemed promising.