The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) The Son of Neptune discussion

Percy looks Roman???

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

BubblesTheMonkey Am I going crazy or do I remember reading in Hazel's P.O.V. that when she first saw him he looked ROMAN??? If so, is it supposed to be different from what the ghost-guys in the Roman camp (in the beginning of this book)thought?

I remember the ghost-guys saying he looked Greek and I also think I remember Hazel saying he looked Roman (from the first time she saw him)? Is this true?

Sorry if confusing.

Savana I checked it, and it said he had the good looks of a Roman god, and she was thinking he was. haha it confused me too. I guess it contradicts what the ghost guys said. ??? one of those things I'll never be able to think through straight.... :p

Andrez She said he was good looking like a roman god, which i think means she thought he was handsome enough to look like a god, she only said roman because , well, she IS roman

Samantha Coballes Pecy's too handsome to be called a god and i agree with stray, she only said roman because she is roman.

Clara after the one of the Lars called him a Graecus she did say that he did look distinctly Greek

04AlisaC hell no i don't think he is roman but she might have thought he was because she is roman.

message 7: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam percy is handsome. i agree with this. i might also add amazing, attractive, adorable... and that's only the a's....

message 8: by Twila (last edited Feb 13, 2012 03:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Twila Sam wrote: "percy is handsome. i agree with this. i might also add amazing, attractive, adorable... and that's only the a's...."

Some others are amusing, addictive, amiable, appealing, affectionate, astounding, astonishing, admirable and oh, I can just go on all day :)

Murdering_Mozart Maybe he has a Greek sort of complexion but his features look kind of Roman? I dunno, Hazel says he has the looks of a Roman God - so really handsome, I guess. :)

message 10: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D Sorry for the interruption, but-

Everyone hates on Piper for saying Jason is good looking, but no one cares that Hazel practically called Percy a god. ????

Natalie Dria wrote: "Sorry for the interruption, but-

Everyone hates on Piper for saying Jason is good looking, but no one cares that Hazel practically called Percy a god. ????"

Piper repeats that thought literally almost every chapter she narrates, while Hazel said it in passing, as sort of a description. The author used this to build on how the Romans instantly knew Percy was powerful. Also, Hazel was basing that not only on looks but on a "aurora of power", as I believe she puts it.
Hazel also clearly never thought of the person she was describing in a romantic way, which makes it less like boyfriend worship and more like a passing statement. Hazel said that Jason and Percy had a similar aurora of "quiet power", which makes Hazel's statements seem to be generally impressed, instead of boyfriend worship. After all, if Hazel seemed to think most of the male characters were attractive, does it make it that bad? Piper, on the other hand, wasted no time making it clear that Jason was obviously, no question, no doubt, the only guy who was really attractive on the Argo 2(comparisons of other characters rang from scruffy skater boy, to elf, to helpless panda, in so many words).

Amalia Ro No, he's not, I think. He is Greek all the way

message 13: by D (last edited Jan 11, 2014 05:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

D Natalie wrote: "Dria wrote: "Sorry for the interruption, but-

Everyone hates on Piper for saying Jason is good looking, but no one cares that Hazel practically called Percy a god. ????"

Piper repeats that thou..."

Well, Hazel says "he had the good looks of a Roman god," so how you believe she puts it is wrong. And it's not only Piper who gives less than flattering descriptions of the other boys. Jason says Leo looks like a "Latino Santa's elf" and Hazel, Frank's GIRLFRIEND, says he "wasn't exactly Prince Charming,with that strange combination of a baby face and a bulky wrestler's body." However, nobody but Piper has ever described Percy as in any way unimpressive. No one can take little criticism of Percy, or the fact that someone thinks Jason is better looking than him.